Cybertruck stainless changing to Aluminum?????

Sousray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 M3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I seen a u-tube video from NewVehicleMedia . here is the u-tube link: that stated that Elon has changed the Cybertruck Stainless exterior to Aluminum. How true is this, I have not heard anything about this and cannot find anything that collaborates this on the web.
This could change everything. I am one of the first in the area to receive my CT. I am not sure I want it if Elon is changing it to an Aluminum shell.
Makes no sense. This would be a huge mistake on Elon's part. The indestructible exterior is the best selling point.
I fear it may be true since Elon is hiring engineers for a paint shop to be installed in Austin. Why paint stainless? but if aluminum, then would need to paint it.
What have you heard? What do you think?
Sponsored

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I seen a u-tube video from NewVehicleMedia . here is the u-tube link: that stated that Elon has changed the Cybertruck Stainless exterior to Aluminum. How true is this, I have not heard anything about this and cannot find anything that collaborates this on the web.
This could change everything. I am one of the first in the area to receive my CT. I am not sure I want it if Elon is changing it to an Aluminum shell.
Makes no sense. This would be a huge mistake on Elon's part. The indestructible exterior is the best selling point.
I fear it may be true since Elon is hiring engineers for a paint shop to be installed in Austin. Why paint stainless? but if aluminum, then would need to paint it.
I call BS

Space monkey

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fat Cat
Occupation
Philosopher
Country flag
Don’t believe everything you hear on the internet. I didn’t make it to the end of the video, but at least thought the first half, I didn’t hear about any credible sources. Click bait.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I've heard they switched to a balsawood body on frame design too.
Finally, the pine-car derby jokes are turning out to be factual. Wow!

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
There are a few 'reputable' youtubers and the rest of them spew whatever people will look at. I suspect the one you have posted here is one of them. Putting it bluntly, since the Cybertruck was announced as 3 mm stainless, and Elon and Franz have only ever talked about it being 3 mm stainless, and every prototype built to date has been stainless, and since the design has been complete for almost a year, and tooling is well under way, what could possibly get you to believe this youtuber?

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I saw a YT video were Elon says the earth is flat

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck stainless changing to Aluminum????? 1683128880264

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
My suggestion is you mute that channel entirely because anyone who is willing to post BS like that without some significant backing is very likely feeding you a bunch of other BS you don’t notice.

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
My suggestion is you mute that channel entirely because anyone who is willing to post BS like that without some significant backing is very likely feeding you a bunch of other BS you don’t notice.
This.

I recognized this channel as a click bait, paid views, mass produced content with an AI written script and a fiver voice over. It only took 5 minutes of my lunch to confirm.

Please veirfy your sources, thiv video certainly didnt. I am willing to bet it is whoever owns the channel making a misunderstanding. They probably dont even speak eglish that well, and live somewhere where 20k subscribers on you-tube making auto-generated content is meaningful. We already know the CT uses a lot of aluminum, for the giga castings. Not a surprise, just click bait misinformed game of telephone for sweet sweet YT add money

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Sadly YouTube has become a bit of a cesspool of cheap scammy and Ai generated nonsense. I try to follow Tesla and the Ukrainian war there and it constantly pops up click bait low quality “suggestions“.

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
"According to recent reports" is all I needed to smell yet another FUD story with a chatty eye witness news voiceover of stock CT footage. It is irresponsible to post shite like this ...

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
That would be STUPID!

Aluminum would need to be painted, and no paint is a major profit source for CYBERTRUCK, so Tesla would never consider it. This entire thread needs to be deleted. 🙄

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Sadly YouTube has become a bit of a cesspool of cheap scammy and Ai generated nonsense. I try to follow Tesla and the Ukrainian war there and it constantly pops up click bait low quality “suggestions“.
Hey, how I make my living is none of y’all’s business.
Sponsored