Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
When Elon says stuff like "in about a year" I get worried.. remember when he said "in a month or so" o_O
Sponsored

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I have a Ford reserved just in case my current truck dies before the CT is available. Prefer the CT but I need a truck for work.
Man... that sucks... it might be a good truck but after hearing about the debacle with the Mach E software I'd be nervous about Ford's software.

Is there any possibility of a short term lease? Enterprise does long term rentals, but an F150 is like $1300 a month. Ouch. Maybe Turo?

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
A general question about all the cameras for self driving. Maybe it has been answered before and I missed it. What happens when you get behind a truck on the highway throwing up mud when it first starts to rain? I can turn on my washer and wipers for the windshield. if I am in self-driving mode, does it disengage, scream out a warning, or crash into the truck ahead of me??

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
I ordered a CT DM on Dec 3rd, 2019. I expected it would be at least 3 years before I took delivery so I leased a Model Y LR in June. The MY is a great vehicle and it makes waiting for the Cybertruck much easier.

In the meantime, the wife is getting a Model 3 SR and we have ordered Tesla Solar (12.4kW panels+ 2 Power Walls) for the house. We have level 2 charging at home via a Wall Charger and if Tesla builds an HVAC system for the the home, we will likely get that too.

I guess you could say we are all in for Tesla and it's transportation and energy companies. Tesla is clearly the best and brightest of the US based companies. They have created many good paying manufacturing jobs here in the US and we feel this kind of innovation, smart energy creation and utilization deserves our support.

The CyberTruck will come and it will be another successful product for Tesla. Hang in there folks, it will be worth the wait.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
A general question about all the cameras for self driving. Maybe it has been answered before and I missed it. What happens when you get behind a truck on the highway throwing up mud when it first starts to rain? I can turn on my washer and wipers for the windshield. if I am in self-driving mode, does it disengage, scream out a warning, or crash into the truck ahead of me??
Well, it turns on the wipers, for one, slows down for two, and yells at you for three.

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...me-theyre-wasting-everybodys-time.3681/page-4

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Don’t believe this is what Musk said.

I believe he was referring to the released version, not the beta.

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
Don’t believe this is what Musk said.

I believe he was referring to the released version, not the beta.

Yes, but his next reply on that was
"Just drove FSD Beta 9.3 from Pasadena to LAX. Much improved!"

">

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I wouldn't necessarily stack those two statements, except to say that pretty much every Cybertruck will have the then-latest FSD hardware. Tesla doesn't build a lot of vehicles with designs it has left behind. This could mean that an early trimotor has a different FSD hardware suite than a later one.
Batteries, I think, will remain the key dependency. Oh, yeah, and how do you manufacture that stainless steel origami thing at scale...
I really think people overthink the stainless body. Vehicle manufacturing has always used various shapes of steel panels bonded together in various structural ways. Looking at the patent images for the door panels it seems like out of all the ways you could make a door assembly the bent stainless sheet clad to an interior panel is likely the simplest. I think keeping the stainless clean and scratch free through the manufacturing process will be the tough part. I almost wonder if the car will show up to your door with those peel off protective sheets on all the stainless like a refrigerator comes with.

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
There is no way that the Tesla Bot is a gimmick, AI day was to recruit the best minds in the world to work on it. Tesla is not going to pull employees off the Semi line to work on the Bot. There are already new job postings.

Whenever I start to become impatient waiting for my CT, I think back to the 18 months I waited for my Model 3 with the never-ending delays from production hell and how it felt that Tesla would never release the M3 and maybe I should just buy a Bolt instead.... Today, over three years later I barely can remember that time waiting and I'm so thankful that I did find the patience to wait it out because of how amazing the M3 turned out to be.

How cool is it going to be seeing these Tesla Bots working on Mars, building my future retirement home?

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck takeaways from AI Day: coming in about a year & getting upgraded AI hardware for FSD Screenshot (100)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The semi needs 4680 cells. Throwing more engineers at the 4680 project at this point is only going to slow things down.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag