Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available?

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Could the heat pump be utilized for the cooling off the frunk?
Most heat pumps are sized for something like a 30 degree temperature drop. It takes a much more specialized heat pump to get the temps down in the 30s to be considered refrigeration.
Sponsored

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Tesla already incorporates it.

...But it's dumb. It makes the assumption that we should always have loud cars, by testing with those used to loud cars.

-Crissa
Agreed

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Mounting options for a 5th wheel and/or Goose Neck trailer hitch. And I can't believe nobody has suggested an optional Flux capacitor yet.
The flux capacitor was definitely suggested. With pictures even. I think we will definitely be seeing some of these cyber trucks tricked out in back to the future style or steam punk looking

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Ok this is my last dumb suggestion of the night and the newer parents out there will hear me on this one. Built in portable toilet for kids. Even if it’s a fold down attachment behind the seat with a hole in it that accepts ziplock bags. I have 3 young daughters and a wife. We stop every 45 min to pee.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I'm sure you can all translate this, but just in case, Pierre would like front and rear RADAR.
This would be highly illegal and I definitely didn’t do this but a friend of a friend drive through the desert at night on the road and turned off their lights for a couple miles. It is so beautiful to be driving under the stars. It would be cool to have a desert star mode that turned off the lights and used other means to keep you on the road and turn the lights back on if other cars were near

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I know many of you out there have all kinds of plans for your CT that have to do with camping and extended road trips. I am trying to think outside the box and as much as I would love to see Tesla announce a line of cargo vans similar to the Mercedes Sprinter chassis with extended wheelbase, rather than wait, my plan is to take matters into my own hands and control the things necessary to accomplish this once I take delivery of my CT. I am already working with a reputable third party van conversion company as we develop preliminary plans to convert my CT into a Class B motorhome, travel adventure van. Any ideas on how to best accomplish this would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking along the lines of having a limousine conversion company taking my brand new CT (ordered 05 July 2020) and cutting it in half, extending the wheelbase, and then building a cargo van shell for the new vehicle. The front row of seats could then be replaced with 2 full swivel bucket seats (to have functional access to the rear cargo van area) with fully functional center console. The back row of seats could be eliminated (do not need them as this is just for my bride and me.) I would then take my new Cybervan to a third party and have it fully outfitted for extended road trips (3 or 4 months at a time) with the majority of our camping off grid in boondocking locations. Any and all ideas welcome. Food for thought and one last vision I would like to pass along with this initial post. Just imagine having this fully outfitted travel adventure Cybervan where you can sit in your driveway at home, program your first destination into the computer and then let the Full Self Driving mode handle it from there. You and your wife can then go into the living quarters, relax, read a book, have dinner, watch some Netflix, shower and go to bed. When you wake up in the morning, you find yourself parked in the rest stop or Walmart parking lot or wherever you programmed ahead of time. After cooking a nice breakfast and going out for a walk, you plan out your next day and go from there! Perhaps not happening tomorrow, nor maybe not even when I am fortunate enough to take delivery, but if anyone can make this a reality sooner than later, Elon is the man!
Limo conversion companies are used to working on vehicles that use the structural chassis design where the body is just a body. The Cybertruck uses a more advanced unibody method where the body is the frame. A very creative structural engineer and fabricator will be required to cut the body in half. Also if the front and rear castings attach directly to a structural battery pack you will literally have to extend that too. Also with the large casting in the rear, making this a 6 wheel vehicle is very unlikely unless you add the additional axel behind the rear casting. You could probably do that and extend the unibody behind the rear casting with minimal structural issues. Really to do what you are looking at you should buy the F150. The frame structure will give you a lot more flexibility. Or wait a couple years and see what these other companies like canoo come out with

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Looks like one wish might be coming to real life.

------------------------

2021 Jul 03
Elon Musk
@elonmusk
Cybertruck will be almost exactly what was shown. We’re adding rear wheel steering, so it can do tight turns & maneuver with high agility.
Lot of other great things coming.

------------------------

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
It has been a painstakingly slow CT fact drip via Twitter by EM. He is a master at keeping the buzz going for a future product.

So far we have no door handles, slightly smaller design to fit through The Boring Company tunnels and now rear wheel steering. Tesla’s concept vehicles are 99% of what the production version will look like, so no surprise there.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available? 3047D98C-F44F-4F7D-89E9-91C89354169E

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag

------------------------

2021 Jul 03
Elon Musk
@elonmusk
Cybertruck will be almost exactly what was shown. We’re adding rear wheel steering, so it can do tight turns & maneuver with high agility.

------------------------
This was literally my biggest desire for the Cybertruck, just make it what was shown to us with the prototype.

It has been a painstakingly slow CT fact drip via Twitter by EM. He is a master at keeping the buzz going for a future product.

So far we have no door handles, slightly smaller design to fit through The Boring Company tunnels and now rear wheel steering. Tesla’s concept vehicles are 99% of what the production version will look like, so no surprise there.
I'm hoping when he says almost exactly, it means that they didn't have to take off a full 3% like expected. I don't know much about the boring company tunnels, I always thought the 12' diameter would be fine with the Cybertruck. The Model X is just a couple inches narrower and since the Cybertruck can lower it's suspension, it's almost the same size as the model X when you forget about length.

If they deliver the Cybertruck and it's the exact same size as the prototype, i'll cry tears of joy.

Auric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Insight
Country flag
I'd like to see a 4 Wheel steering on my Cybertruck.
That would help to handle the Size of the Cybertruck would improve the OFF Road capabilities they can simplify the design and construction by using the same components for the rear axle as for the front one (like the VW Iltis) this axle would be cheaper than a multilink design and improve the safety of the vehicle by steering the rear in case of something unwanted happened.
finally. :cool:

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag

------------------------

2021 Jul 03
Elon Musk
@elonmusk

------------------------
This CT just keeps getting more amazing.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Limo conversion companies are used to working on vehicles that use the structural chassis design where the body is just a body. The Cybertruck uses a more advanced unibody method where the body is the frame. A very creative structural engineer and fabricator will be required to cut the body in half. Also if the front and rear castings attach directly to a structural battery pack you will literally have to extend that too. Also with the large casting in the rear, making this a 6 wheel vehicle is very unlikely unless you add the additional axel behind the rear casting. You could probably do that and extend the unibody behind the rear casting with minimal structural issues. Really to do what you are looking at you should buy the F150. The frame structure will give you a lot more flexibility. Or wait a couple years and see what these other companies like canoo come out with
You are 100% right. You would need to budget at least $500k to get close to cutting the truck in half. The truck is designed sort of like a truss with the bottom cord of the truss being the front and rear castings tied together by the structural battery pack. If you cut that by relocating the rear casting you need basically redesign and build a new engineered solution which will be extremely expensive without a traditional frame. You should take the above advice and dont plan to cut but plan to extend the rear and keep the wheels in place. Or save yourself to s of money and pick a truck with a frame to do this to.
Sponsored