Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
This combo will most likely be the range winner.

The concept truck wheel covers were definitely refined for probably two reasons. Better aerodynamics and it eliminates fussy alignment/mounting issues.

Most likely the standard wheel and hubcap on Extended Dual Motor, not the Performance Tri Motor.
Sponsored

CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
I like the smaller rims but need better off road tires on them. With heavy trailer I air down to 10-15 psi for sand camping. Otherwise you will get stuck.. so the smaller the rim the more surface area for the tire. That why many jeeps are 15in rims.
This is the CT, I don't care for looks, I'm all about the performance and utilitarianism of the tool.

Bkent100

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
It manager
Country flag
Not a fan of the smaller wheel look, or those awful hubcabs, but probably a base/ range friendly option that will be offered.

5Cybertruck Smaller Street Tires, New Wheel Covers .jpg

1Cybertruck Smaller Street Tires, New Wheel Covers .jpg

2Cybertruck Smaller Street Tires, New Wheel Covers .jpg

3Cybertruck Smaller Street Tires, New Wheel Covers .jpg

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 11.11.40 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 11.11.49 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 11.11.57 AM.jpg
They find new ways everyday to make the truck less desirable. Yes fanboys, I know… get out of line and let you move up. Unless there is a lot of “unknown” value, this may be my first pass on a Tesla product!

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
They find new ways everyday to make the truck less desirable. Yes fanboys, I know… get out of line and let you move up. Unless there is a lot of “unknown” value, this may be my first pass on a Tesla product!
Why do you feel the need to tell an enthusiastic forum you think you’ll pass? Why not just move on?
Better yet why post to tell us we are fanboys?
Like yeah. We are. Been here sharing our excitement , news and disappointments for 4 years. Would we be anything else?

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Within the last several months, you have seen various different components, tires, wheels, rims, hubcaps, accessories, etc on the Cybertruck. What you have seen today does not mean that will be the final configuration of the mass-produced Cybertruck.

I'm taking the small hubcaps on this sighting with a grain of salt and not linking it to final design. Worst case, you will probably have the option for what tires and wheels you want.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
You are correct. I do have a reservation and I am 11k in line. However, as I’m sure you know, that reservation was placed many years ago and since then the dimensions have changed significantly.

The change in proportions are less than flattering in my opinion.
You just wake up?

Bkent100

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
It manager
Country flag
Why do you feel the need to tell an enthusiastic forum you think you’ll pass? Why not just move on?
Better yet why post to tell us we are fanboys?
Like yeah. We are. Been here sharing our excitement , news and disappointments for 4 years. Would we be anything else?
Fanboy alert!

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
There was another thread about these Pirelli Scorpion tires on the digital camo CT a few weeks ago. I still stand by what I said last month.

I really hope the CT doesn't come with Perelli Scorpians because the reviews weren't very good. Lots of complaints about poor traction and only lasting about 20,000 miles on Ford F150 and Mavericks and other pickups. I can only imagine how poorly they would last with a Cybertruck with way more power!

When you look at the comments, take note of mileage driven. Most of the good ratings were from people who hadn't put many miles on them. Here's a link to the comments page on Tire Rack: https://www.tirerack.com/survey/Sur...rpion+ATR&fromTireDetail=true&tirePageLocQty=

Last edited: