cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
wonder if these aren't production aeros, but instead makeshift for hiding something about a new wheelset (maybe the new wheelset seen on the RC in texas before Q2 call)

edit to add: the video shows these covers are unevenly attached (wobble when wheels turning)

im leaning heavy towards makeshift cover of a wheelset. unclear though why they wouldnt just use the normal aeros - unless the normal aeros arent set up to attach to the new wheelset yet

QuanTim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm not complaining about a new video sighting... but

This is clearly wide angle camera filmed in portrait, but couldn't they have filmed in regular angle and flipped it into landscape?

The perspective is horrible and make the truck angles look weird af!

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
wonder if these aren't production aeros, but instead makeshift for hiding something about a new wheelset (maybe the new wheelset seen on the RC in texas before Q2 call)

edit to add: the video shows these covers are unevenly attached (wobble when wheels turning)

im leaning heavy towards makeshift cover of a wheelset. unclear though why they wouldnt just use the normal aeros - unless the normal aeros arent set up to attach to the new wheelset yet
Yea, if these are the non aero wheels, then the aero caps wouldn't work. I think your right about hiding

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
They are very shiny/reflective. If SS then that would be great. If plastic I prefer the earlier version(s). I have been assuming/wondering whether the CT wheels are cast/machined aluminum, which oxidizes over time. I would prefer a car that has a SS skin to have all exposed metal parts be SS. I wonder what the extra cost would be for cast/machined stainless wheels. The next level would be the brake calipers...

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
fugly. and also not centered properly.
How are you calling these ugly? Have you seen the rest of the truck lol. I actually kind of dig them, the whole truck is like ugly soup, the more ugly they throw in the better it gets.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I am not a fan if they would replace the original cover. I like the more rugged look of the original.

Next thing you know they will starting messing with BAW!

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
How are you calling these ugly? Have you seen the rest of the truck lol. I actually kind of dig them, the whole truck is like ugly soup, the more ugly they throw in the better it gets.
I go back and forth about whether the CT is 'pretty' or 'ugly'. I have to say that every car and truck I see has elements of both, and only a very small number of vehicles on the road are exceptional in either way (for me). From the very beginning I cared a lot less about the CT appearance; the functionality is so much the focus that appearance (also, for me) just hasn't been important. Try to scratch or dent my CT and I don't care because I don't have to worry about painting it or having it rust. Appearance takes on a new meaning altogether.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I go back and forth about whether the CT is 'pretty' or 'ugly'. I have to say that every car and truck I see has elements of both, and only a very small number of vehicles on the road are exceptional in either way (for me). From the very beginning I cared a lot less about the CT appearance; the functionality is so much the focus that appearance (also, for me) just hasn't been important. Try to scratch or dent my CT and I don't care because I don't have to worry about painting it or having it rust. Appearance takes on a new meaning altogether.
I also go back and forth on the CT looks but at the end of the day if it is as good a product as we think it will be it will become less unusual as they start showing up everywhere.

I personally think the design elements on the new Tundra is grotesque. So forced and overdone

Tesla Cybertruck New wheels / aero wheel covers spotted on Cybertruck -- 7/31/23 1690819067138
Sponsored