Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
for those of you that don't currently own a Tesla - hint, they can generate excessive g forces in all directions...what Is not tied, taped, separated, etc down, including passengers, can be flung across the cabin with ease....always wear seatbelts, use a cargo tote/dividers for trunk and frunk and you'll be ok - ignore at your peril....

I've inadvertently slid someone from backseat left to backseat right because he wasn't wearing his seatbelt - literally full 3-4' slide across back seat - if I didnt have a door he would have shot right out without slowing down....

that being said, hated the original marble dash, hoping there's some creativity / usefulness with the final version - esp with all the real estate available...
It is quite irresistible to punch that throttle and play a bit.

Teslas are extremely fun cars to drive.

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
Why couldn't the frunk take up some of that space under the windshield? Trunks go under the back windows all the time!
My money is on that setup. A larger frunk would be more useful IF there's sufficient center console storage space in the CT. I'd love to have the option to use the frunk as a cooler (with a built-in drain plug).

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
A long time ago theidea was floated to have storage under the dash (like a 'glove' compartment but longer. Given the accelerations discussed in this thread, such a compartment would probably need to be segmented, but there must be a lot of available space under this thing (HVAC venting and wiring bundles notwithstanding).

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
A long time ago theidea was floated to have storage under the dash (like a 'glove' compartment but longer. Given the accelerations discussed in this thread, such a compartment would probably need to be segmented, but there must be a lot of available space under this thing (HVAC venting and wiring bundles notwithstanding).
Segmenting is something we were thinking about with the original prototype. A lot of us thought the strips in the stainless bed were T-strips with rubber covers. With T-strips, you could mount temporary dividers and segment the bed, so your stuff wouldn't go sliding around all over the bed. Also, think of all the aftermarket mounting devices to hold your bikes and stuff in place. You could even have a cargo net to throw over your stuff.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Segmenting is something we were thinking about with the original prototype. A lot of us thought the strips in the stainless bed were T-strips with rubber covers. With T-strips, you could mount temporary dividers and segment the bed, so your stuff wouldn't go sliding around all over the bed. Also, think of all the aftermarket mounting devices to hold your bikes and stuff in place. You could even have a cargo net to throw over your stuff.
I was really talking about the dash but of course you are right and I am still certain that Tesla will have something like T-slots in the bed along with those tiedowns. It wouldn't be a pickup, really, otherwise.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Hello my fellow
CT fanatics??
I Hope Y’all had an amazing xmas and New Year.
I guess the dash does seem like a great place for Solar to be. When at dealership with my daughter in Bay Area, I noticed that all the vehicles she was looking at had solar on dash and plugged into cig lighter socket. My guess this was “trickle charge” for batteries ?
The dash is huge for sure on CT and every home theater set up I have seen or done has always had their sub coming from front. I know that every car I have driven either had sub on side in back or in the very back and also under bench in back. Could it be possible a sub or 2 can be in front?
btw, the long rifle popping up from dash was hilarious. ?
but, I think in the back by window will be fine. Lol
Everything about the cybertruck just seems so practical . So, why wouldn’t the dash? Maybe dash will be more interactive with driver and passenger via hinges installed so dash can pop up to show secret storage compartments. Would be cool though if solar was in that recessed area on dash that can be clipped in too.
Sponsored