Ji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Model S, Model X, Model 3, Model Y
Occupation
CEO at TESBROS
Country flag
The removal continues! This time, we looked into removing the door panel. In all honesty, I was working on the mirror plate cover and I dropped the piece inside the door panel so I was forced to remove it. But there's always a "steel" lining.

The panel is actually in two pieces. Multiple clips remove the top, but it's aggressive. I recommend using an air pump to release the clips. Once you remove the top panel, there are three 8mm to remove. There are two connectors which are most likely the lights. Once you remove the top panel and bolts, you use the air pump to release all the clips (there's a lot). Comparatively, it's much harder than any other models I've removed. You'll reveal the speaker, window regulator, controller, and sensors. Be careful! The inner steel is insanely sharp. Put my hand right in there and sliced my hand like butter. The plastic plate is held by 8mm all around the perimeter. Behind is the window regulator bracket.

I plan on removing the rest of the car and doing a video series at some point. We typically do removals when we first receive the car out of curiosity. Let me know if you have any questions!

EB465BEC-D604-4983-87B4-518AC5D46A85_1_105_c.jpeg

78B05AEE-1C9C-4E7D-8A3C-EF7C270F4AAC_1_105_c.jpeg
BEDCBF31-FA56-4FFE-A5C5-2A1F31A0804E_1_105_c.jpeg
Sponsored

bwilliam79

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT DM, Tesla MY LR, Tesla MY SR, Rivian R1S
Country flag
The removal continues! This time, we looked into removing the door panel. In all honesty, I was working on the mirror plate cover and I dropped the piece inside the door panel so I was forced to remove it. But there's always a "steel" lining.

The panel is actually in two pieces. Multiple clips remove the top, but it's aggressive. I recommend using an air pump to release the clips. Once you remove the top panel, there are three 8mm to remove. There are two connectors which are most likely the lights. Once you remove the top panel and bolts, you use the air pump to release all the clips (there's a lot). Comparatively, it's much harder than any other models I've removed. You'll reveal the speaker, window regulator, controller, and sensors. Be careful! The inner steel is insanely sharp. Put my hand right in there and sliced my hand like butter. The plastic plate is held by 8mm all around the perimeter. Behind is the window regulator bracket.

I plan on removing the rest of the car and doing a video series at some point. We typically do removals when we first receive the car out of curiosity. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks for posting this! It is very timely. I have a rattle that has started when closing my driver side door and it is driving me crazy. I have a service appointment for late next week, but it's really annoying and if the panel isn't too difficult to remove, I'd like to fix it myself. Any chance you have a video of what it takes to remove the upper and lower panels? I started removing the lower panel but it became difficult and I didn't want to break any clips because those long blue/turquoise ones are unlike anything I've ever seen before and I don't know where to get replacements if I do break any.

OP
OP
TESBROS

TESBROS

Site Sponsor
First Name
Ji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CEO at TESBROS
Country flag
We have a lot of projects going on right now but we'll definitely do it. I would HIGHLY recommend getting a air pump like this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XB4BFPP/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wedge one of these in the outer part and pump it. It will be VERY loud when the clips loosen since it's pretty tight. Then work your way down to the other side. Once you release that, there are three 8mm. Before you do that, remove the two cables so you can put the top panel aside. Then use the edge and start at the bottom outer corner and use the wedge air pump again and work your way to the outside and top perimeter. It's aggressive but the wedge air pump is the easiest way to loosen the panel up. Let me know if you have any other questions! Video will come in the next few weeks if you can wait :)

bwilliam79

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT DM, Tesla MY LR, Tesla MY SR, Rivian R1S
Country flag
We have a lot of projects going on right now but we'll definitely do it. I would HIGHLY recommend getting a air pump like this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XB4BFPP/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wedge one of these in the outer part and pump it. It will be VERY loud when the clips loosen since it's pretty tight. Then work your way down to the other side. Once you release that, there are three 8mm. Before you do that, remove the two cables so you can put the top panel aside. Then use the edge and start at the bottom outer corner and use the wedge air pump again and work your way to the outside and top perimeter. It's aggressive but the wedge air pump is the easiest way to loosen the panel up. Let me know if you have any other questions! Video will come in the next few weeks if you can wait :)
Well, you inspired me and so long as one is careful, getting the door panels off isn't all that hard. Unfortunately the rattle I had in the door was behind the large plastic panel and I had to take the window glass out in order to get that panel out of the way.

It was getting dark and my wife was getting impatient providing a second set of hands so I didn't get any pictures, but if anyone else comes across this thread due to a rattle when you shut the door, the issue I had is there is a brace that looks to be adhered to the exterior door panel with some kind of glue and that glue had failed. I ended up putting some felt tape on the inside of the door skin where the bracket met the exterior door skin/panel and that seems to have resolved it. I'll keep my service appointment and let Tesla look at it if they want to, but at least the door doesn't sound like it's falling apart when I shut it now.

OP
OP
TESBROS

TESBROS

Site Sponsor
First Name
Ji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CEO at TESBROS
Country flag
Well, you inspired me and so long as one is careful, getting the door panels off isn't all that hard. Unfortunately the rattle I had in the door was behind the large plastic panel and I had to take the window glass out in order to get that panel out of the way.

It was getting dark and my wife was getting impatient providing a second set of hands so I didn't get any pictures, but if anyone else comes across this thread due to a rattle when you shut the door, the issue I had is there is a brace that looks to be adhered to the exterior door panel with some kind of glue and that glue had failed. I ended up putting some felt tape on the inside of the door skin where the bracket met the exterior door skin/panel and that seems to have resolved it. I'll keep my service appointment and let Tesla look at it if they want to, but at least the door doesn't sound like it's falling apart when I shut it now.
Good deal! Exactly! We did a video not too long ago on the 3/Y and once you add those felts, it will prevent some of those rattles. Some contents move side to side and hit the metal which causes the rattles.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Jeez, look at the size of the speaker, and the other stuff. Far cry from the old days.
I wondered why they didn't use up more cavity for storage. Now I know.

Speedr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Look at those door subwoofers MKBHD mentioned /s
Are those the subs in the door? It's hard to tell the size, even in the truck. Is it an 8 inch sub in the door? Or are they somewhere else and that's just a standard 6.5 inch door speaker?

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Telehealth Solutions Architect
Country flag

I’m sure this question has been answered somewhere else, but do the speakers have any branding on them? Do we know who the manufacturer is? I have not heard a lot about the Sound system besides the fact that they’re supposed to provide studio quality audio.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Are those the subs in the door? It's hard to tell the size, even in the truck. Is it an 8 inch sub in the door? Or are they somewhere else and that's just a standard 6.5 inch door speaker?
The Cybertruck subs are under the back seats.
I was teasing MKBHD

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Thanks for posting this! It is very timely. I have a rattle that has started when closing my driver side door and it is driving me crazy. I have a service appointment for late next week, but it's really annoying and if the panel isn't too difficult to remove, I'd like to fix it myself. Any chance you have a video of what it takes to remove the upper and lower panels? I started removing the lower panel but it became difficult and I didn't want to break any clips because those long blue/turquoise ones are unlike anything I've ever seen before and I don't know where to get replacements if I do break any.
Low expanding foam should stop that. ;)

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag

That speaker looks pretty tight.
Sponsored