Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Please don't do that. It's very messy and toxic to those of us who could use that recycled metal ^-^

How about giving back, since you can't take it with you?
https://www.seattletimes.com/life/r...ral-home-in-the-u-s-is-now-open-for-business/

-Crissa
The CT is an amazing vehicle. Not sure it will work in a composting system though. LOL.

Oh, you mean his personal body... Sure, he could do something like that. I'm thinking the CT might be lonely though. Perhaps he can donate the CT to a "good" (I've been mostly good lately) cause.
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
YES BUT! My guess is that I may not MAKE 20 YEARS!? i'M ALREADY IN THE "OLD" GROUP.
i MAY NOT EVEN GET THE CT soon enough to use it to get any ROI. I don't have anyone to leave it to that would use it! Maybe I could be buried in it?
OR rupture the battery pack and do the Viking thing?
Well the only thing I can suggest then ole fella is to get a Neuralink brain adapter as soon as possible and download yourself into your CT as soon as you get it, before you kick the bucket.

The only question you have to ask yourself then is what type of CT do you want to be, a lowly dual motor who struggles to make it to town, or a spritely tri motor who impresses the sheilas and can go anywhere he wants?

I'm just hoping you get FSD, so you make it to where you're goin mate. Nothing worse than a poor old lost cocky stuck out in the sticks. :p

Last edited:

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
Well the only thing I can suggest then ole fella is to get a Neuralink brain adapter as soon as possible and download yourself into your CT as soon as you get it, before you kick the bucket.

The only question you have to ask yourself then is what type of CT do you want to be, a lowly dual motor who struggles to make it to town, or a spritely tri motor who impresses the sheilas and can go anywhere he wants?

I'm just hoping you get FSD, so you make it to where you're goin mate. Nothing worse than a poor old lost cocky stuck out in the sticks. :p
I have been telling anyone that would listen that I'm going to be "chipped" as soon as it is possible. (not the fried type). I am tired of old-man aches!

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I have been telling anyone that would listen that I'm going to be "chipped" as soon as it is possible. (not the fried type). I am tired of old-man aches!
Lol I know the feeling. User selectable pain thresholds would be a nice addition. I'm not getting any younger either, but at least my boys are still active on the farm. (and like it)

Have you been thinking about charging on the farm and how you might be using the CT on the farm?

With charging you can still grab up to 100kW of free PV panels per site, through the AU govs STC scheme if you wanted too. You need to pay for inverter/charger, but you could use your CT as the "battery". The inverters I use can actually be used batteryless as well, which means so long the sun shines you get up to 100kW per household/property/install. More than enough to charge a CT or 2, and you start with a smaller setup if you want too, but then frame the solar as carport to park the CT. Add some decent lights and work early and late so that it can charge a couple of hours during the day.

We have a few sqkm out west, and I'd really like to build some farm accessories for the CT, you know handy things like a firefighting rig powered from the onboard inverter, sprayer attachment, rake, grader blade, even towing a mower would work with 7-8kW from the inverter. You could probably even pull a small seeder if you wanted too. Heaps of torque. All I need is that FSD to work offroad, and I'd have an autonomous tractor to boot! Then a few can drive around for me, even at night, I'd just login to the cams on my phone. I was even thinking of stripping it down a bit and making a few EV tractors out of em, really just need some floatation tyres (maybe bigger wheel arches if they don't fit) and a bit of a shorter wheelbase, but now with the 4 wheel steering, it might not be that bad anyway. Crazy thing is it won't even rust... :)

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
Lol I know the feeling. User selectable pain thresholds would be a nice addition. I'm not getting any younger either, but at least my boys are still active on the farm. (and like it)

Have you been thinking about charging on the farm and how you might be using the CT on the farm?

With charging you can still grab up to 100kW of free PV panels per site, through the AU govs STC scheme if you wanted too. You need to pay for inverter/charger, but you could use your CT as the "battery". The inverters I use can actually be used batteryless as well, which means so long the sun shines you get up to 100kW per household/property/install. More than enough to charge a CT or 2, and you start with a smaller setup if you want too, but then frame the solar as carport to park the CT. Add some decent lights and work early and late so that it can charge a couple of hours during the day.

We have a few sqkm out west, and I'd really like to build some farm accessories for the CT, you know handy things like a firefighting rig powered from the onboard inverter, sprayer attachment, rake, grader blade, even towing a mower would work with 7-8kW from the inverter. You could probably even pull a small seeder if you wanted too. Heaps of torque. All I need is that FSD to work offroad, and I'd have an autonomous tractor to boot! Then a few can drive around for me, even at night, I'd just login to the cams on my phone. I was even thinking of stripping it down a bit and making a few EV tractors out of em, really just need some floatation tyres (maybe bigger wheel arches if they don't fit) and a bit of a shorter wheelbase, but now with the 4 wheel steering, it might not be that bad anyway. Crazy thing is it won't even rust... :)
Well, I only have a few acres with some alpacas. Haven't been breeding them for a few years either. Been harder to sell as there are lots of people that bought them 20 years ago and now want to retire. Mostly use the CT to tow the float and pick up feed and fencing bits. I "wanted" it for extended trips around Oz. Great with its own power supply. I was going to put 5 of the biggest watt panels on the roof rack. Will be sun roof and power plant! Had built a small camper with just 3 panels and that worked great. Only sold it the other day in anticipation of the CT.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Yeah true. Need to slow down while you can, not when you must.

I designed a pop up camper roof in 2019 already for the CT, using a CT CAD model I made, that will come with all the solar fruit plus have tracking built in to give it a boost. Same idea, use it for shopping runs to the big smoke and then hit the road. For the camper part it's fairly simple to add all the appliances really, water can be a bladder tank that uses the onboard air compressor for a pump, induction hob for cooking, compressor fridge from DC or AC, CT bed A/C for camper and cabin heating and cooling, might even piggy back a heat exchanger off it (ICE coolant showering style) to run the hot water/cooling. I used to built expedition vehicles back in the day, and the CT just makes things too easy really. Will even have a pull down bathroom with composting loo, ideal for two, even works for 4 if you use the foldup rear seat as a bed.

Thinking about it some more, the CT would make an awesome firetruck with no paint that can burn off, no fuel that can ignite, no ICE that can stall, no smoke with the biodefense mode filter, and enough payload for at least 1000l, if not 1200l of water/retardant, and it will run a electric pump that won't quit when you need it most. Just need to add some sprayers around the edges and wheels to keep it wet. Need to talk to our local firie mob and get them onboard for next procurement round! :)

We're getting soaked this year, so this summer will likely be a zinger with all the fuel on the ground.

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
Yeah true. Need to slow down while you can, not when you must.

I designed a pop up camper roof in 2019 already for the CT, using a CT CAD model I made, that will come with all the solar fruit plus have tracking built in to give it a boost. Same idea, use it for shopping runs to the big smoke and then hit the road. For the camper part it's fairly simple to add all the appliances really, water can be a bladder tank that uses the onboard air compressor for a pump, induction hob for cooking, compressor fridge from DC or AC, CT bed A/C for camper and cabin heating and cooling, might even piggy back a heat exchanger off it (ICE coolant showering style) to run the hot water/cooling. I used to built expedition vehicles back in the day, and the CT just makes things too easy really. Will even have a pull down bathroom with composting loo, ideal for two, even works for 4 if you use the foldup rear seat as a bed.

Thinking about it some more, the CT would make an awesome firetruck with no paint that can burn off, no fuel that can ignite, no ICE that can stall, no smoke with the biodefense mode filter, and enough payload for at least 1000l, if not 1200l of water/retardant, and it will run a electric pump that won't quit when you need it most. Just need to add some sprayers around the edges and wheels to keep it wet. Need to talk to our local firie mob and get them onboard for next procurement round! :)

We're getting soaked this year, so this summer will likely be a zinger with all the fuel on the ground.
I meant to ask if you had heard that there were 140,000 pre-orders from Oz! It seemed a lot when there have only been a bit over 10,000 deliver ALL-UP?
It would be a life saver for fire trucks. Have you seen the Beta ester that ran on an unmade road at night with no lights on. I was amazed, just kept going safely, and at speed!

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I meant to ask if you had heard that there were 140,000 pre-orders from Oz! It seemed a lot when there have only been a bit over 10,000 deliver ALL-UP?
It would be a life saver for fire trucks. Have you seen the Beta ester that ran on an unmade road at night with no lights on. I was amazed, just kept going safely, and at speed!
No I haven't really seen any aussie CT data. But it wouldn't surprise me if it was. I have 3 in, with the first within 20minutes of the orders opening, still only managed to get in the 50k mark. But I'm getting all of them for the farm, I should of just got another 5-10 on order so I could at least pick my delivery times for any further along. 1m orders in before it's on the street, and I think even if those aren't all legit, once there's a few 1000 on the road, orders will go through the roof, in the absence of anything comparable in the market.

The only thing stopping it in Oz is the charging locations and getting the gov in general out of the way. I'm hoping we should be getting the CT GST and luxury tax exempt as a work vehicle. That will help heaps in comparison to a MX/MS.

Do you mean beta tester at night with FSD? Can't say I've seen that one yet. Will have to have a look.

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
No I haven't really seen any aussie CT data. But it wouldn't surprise me if it was. I have 3 in, with the first within 20minutes of the orders opening, still only managed to get in the 50k mark. But I'm getting all of them for the farm, I should of just got another 5-10 on order so I could at least pick my delivery times for any further along. 1m orders in before it's on the street, and I think even if those aren't all legit, once there's a few 1000 on the road, orders will go through the roof, in the absence of anything comparable in the market.

The only thing stopping it in Oz is the charging locations and getting the gov in general out of the way. I'm hoping we should be getting the CT GST and luxury tax exempt as a work vehicle. That will help heaps in comparison to a MX/MS.

Do you mean beta tester at night with FSD? Can't say I've seen that one yet. Will have to have a look.
I was wondering where in Oz you are?
I'm in the Latrobe Valley, Vic. Between the coal fired generators:(
Yes, I'm also hoping to be able to take advantage of my primary producer Tax classification.
Yes, we have a very poor govt. BUT Oz is still the best country in the world...and I am NOT biased!
Yes, a Beta tester (in USA). He was driving around and when he was going home it was dark, and on a dirt road, so he tried it out. I immediately thought of being able to drive out of a fire situation.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Latrobe is nice at the right time of the year, we have some relis near there. Haven't been in a while. Southwest WA near Esperance. Aussie country is fine, so are the people (most), just the pollies need to get some direction. Seems the same in most countries atm. ;-) I found some beta tester videos at night. One thing I've always liked about the radar cruise, is that it sees through fog and smoke. Going purely visual is ok I suppose, but I'd rather have something looking out in IR as well, or even radar to see the unseen as it were. FLIR would be ideal for roo spotting and avoidance.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Latrobe is nice at the right time of the year, we have some relis near there. Haven't been in a while. Southwest WA near Esperance. Aussie country is fine, so are the people (most), just the pollies need to get some direction. Seems the same in most countries atm. ;-) I found some beta tester videos at night. One thing I've always liked about the radar cruise, is that it sees through fog and smoke. Going purely visual is ok I suppose, but I'd rather have something looking out in IR as well, or even radar to see the unseen as it were. FLIR would be ideal for roo spotting and avoidance.

---------------------------

Forward-looking infrared (FLIR) cameras, typically used on military and civilian aircraft, use a thermographic camera that senses infrared radiation.[1]
The sensors installed in forward-looking infrared cameras, as well as those of other thermal imaging cameras, use detection of infrared radiation, typically emitted from a heat source (thermal radiation), to create an image assembled for video output.
They can be used to help pilots and drivers steer their vehicles at night and in fog, or to detect warm objects against a cooler background. The wavelength of infrared that thermal imaging cameras detect is 3 to 12 μm and differs significantly from that of night vision, which operates in the visible light and near-infrared ranges (0.4 to 1.0 μm).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward-looking_infrared

Flir Systems' night vision on the streets of San Francisco
Feb 12, 2015
CNET

Want Night Vision for Your Car or Truck? There Are Options at Every Price Point
Want to see the deer BEFORE it leaps onto your bumper? There's a potential solution, and it's not as expensive as you'd think.
By Mark Vaughn
Mar 30, 2020
https://www.autoweek.com/car-life/d...truck-there-are-options-at-every-price-point/

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
YES BUT! My guess is that I may not MAKE 20 YEARS!? i'M ALREADY IN THE "OLD" GROUP.
i MAY NOT EVEN GET THE CT soon enough to use it to get any ROI. I don't have anyone to leave it to that would use it! Maybe I could be buried in it?
OR rupture the battery pack and do the Viking thing?
I vote for the viking thing, not that I wish an early demise for anyone but because it would be cool. Of course, this works best while the CT is still floating. Would you have someone shoot flaming arrows at the CT while you float off to Valhalla?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

Forward-looking infrared (FLIR) cameras, typically used on military and civilian aircraft, use a thermographic camera that senses infrared radiation.[1]
The sensors installed in forward-looking infrared cameras, as well as those of other thermal imaging cameras, use detection of infrared radiation, typically emitted from a heat source (thermal radiation), to create an image assembled for video output.
They can be used to help pilots and drivers steer their vehicles at night and in fog, or to detect warm objects against a cooler background. The wavelength of infrared that thermal imaging cameras detect is 3 to 12 μm and differs significantly from that of night vision, which operates in the visible light and near-infrared ranges (0.4 to 1.0 μm).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward-looking_infrared

Flir Systems' night vision on the streets of San Francisco
Feb 12, 2015
CNET

Want Night Vision for Your Car or Truck? There Are Options at Every Price Point
Want to see the deer BEFORE it leaps onto your bumper? There's a potential solution, and it's not as expensive as you'd think.
By Mark Vaughn
Mar 30, 2020
https://www.autoweek.com/car-life/d...truck-there-are-options-at-every-price-point/

That Lanmodo thing could be done internally on the Tesla cameras already, in fact going by the night time FSD tests it already does, it would just need a software upgrade to display it onscreen like that. But even if they only added a limited cheap FLIR (like FLIR 1 LT 4800pixels or so) together with sensor fusion with the other cameras they could really make a huge difference in sensitivity, increasing range even whilst using low beam.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
CMOS and CCD sensors are intrinsically sensitive to NIR to the point that most cameras have an IR blocking fiter. An obvious exception is the home security cameras that exploit this. But for it to work there must be a source of NIR such as the diodes in the security cameras. Given this I don't see much advantage to NIR application in a car unless you want to be invisible to the naked eye and that is of course impossible. For dodging deer and roos, both of whom wait in the bush on the side of the road and then jump out in front of you so I question the efficiency of any night vision enhancement, you would want the far IR stuff and that is very expensive.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
CMOS and CCD sensors are intrinsically sensitive to NIR to the point that most cameras have an IR blocking fiter. An obvious exception is the home security cameras that exploit this. But for it to work there must be a source of NIR such as the diodes in the security cameras. Given this I don't see much advantage to NIR application in a car unless you want to be invisible to the naked eye and that is of course impossible. For dodging deer and roos, both of whom wait in the bush on the side of the road and then jump out in front of you so I question the efficiency of any night vision enhancement, you would want the far IR stuff and that is very expensive.
You can get FLIR One Pro with (9600pixels) for a few hundred bucks. Also does sensor fusion, so it looks like VGA. You can also get the FLIR sensors for DIY etc. The trick would be to add some object recognition to warn the driver at least. Even NIR would help, especially if you have some decent IR lighting, which can stay on in traffic without annoying anyone.
Sponsored