Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
I have a motorized cover on my truck now and the CT cover looks almost identical. Yes, ice is definitely a problem. Luckily here we do not get a lot of ice. Ice is about the only thing that has ever stopped mine from opening. The motor times out after a couple seconds without movement. I have never had any kind of problem with debris getting into the tracks and I have had this for several years now. I have on occasion closed it on a shovel sticking up and once a 5 gallon bucket of paint but luckily no problems. Obviously I donā€™t know exactly how the CT cover will be designed but mine also has a couple of rubber tubes that funnel any water that may collect in the side rails through and drips it out the front wall of the bed between the bed and cab.
One thing that is super cool about the vault is air flow?. If the tonneau cover gets ice, all you have to do Is go into app and start the air. Im sure this will free tonneau cover if it happened to be stuck. So, in theory, while your in your cozy cabin, you go into your app and turn on the air to heat battery and this will also free tonneau cover to throw gear in?.
Sponsored

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
-Cr[/QUOTE]
One thing that is super cool about the vault is air flow?. If the tonneau cover gets ice, all you have to do Is go into app and start the air. Im sure this will free tonneau cover if it happened to be stuck. So, in theory, while your in your cozy cabin, you go into your app and turn on the air to heat battery and this will also free tonneau cover to throw gear in?.
Yes Sir I am hoping that is the case. I donā€™t get much ice at home but I have a weekend house a few hours north on the lake that does get a moderate amount.

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting, didn't expect it to lose door handles from the concept. This makes the Cybertruck even more futuristic and forward looking.

So we should probably expect the self-opening and closing doors like the Model X?
It occurred to me that auto open doors may not be the best option in my opinion. How would you keep potential "creeps" from lurking around your CT waiting for you to approach, the doors open and they jump inside before the owner can react?

SHorzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
in central BC, we get ice at times. more often icy roads but a few times a year we can get an iced layer encasing the vehicle. usually this is when it is only sortta cold. ie -5 to -10C but sometimes we get stupid cold of -35 to -40C. Using cabin heat to defrost the vault, as would apply to doors, wouldnā€™t work. I am sure Tesla engineers have something up their sleeve. Maybe an ice-breaker for the vault as with the doors? Also maybe strip heaters or something more targeted. Could you imagine having to heat the CT for hours just to open the tonneau?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
...waiting for you to approach, the doors open and they jump inside before the owner can react?
...How is this any different than waiting for you to pull on the handle? To push a button? To be close enough so they can open your door?

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
...How is this any different than waiting for you to pull on the handle? To push a button? To be close enough so they can open your door?
Not any more of an issue if your car unlocks all doors.

In my Subaru you choose with the remote to unlock just the driverā€™s door (One press) or to unlock all doors (Two presses). This does not seem to be an option on my Tesla. An option to just open the driver side would be a little weird too because then every time you get into your car youā€˜d have to tap on the screen to let everyone else in.

I donā€™t think this is a big issue, but I know there are a fair number of people who feel itā€™s a safety feature.

rlhamil

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Trans Am WS6, 2007 PT Cruiser GT
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It occurred to me that auto open doors may not be the best option in my opinion. How would you keep potential "creeps" from lurking around your CT waiting for you to approach, the doors open and they jump inside before the owner can react?
If it included a Magnavolt Lethal Response system (Robocop 2), that wouldn't be a problem.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Easy! The doors will also be "auto close" in that case, entrapping a would-be car thief or assailant while you call 911. I'm sure you can disable your CT through your iPhone, essentially causing the perpetrator to 'roast' inside on a summer's day and leading to a prompt surrender and confession.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Easy! The doors will also be "auto close" in that case, entrapping a would-be car thief or assailant while you call 911. I'm sure you can disable your CT through your iPhone, essentially causing the perpetrator to 'roast' inside on a summer's day and leading to a prompt surrender and confession.
It is not legal to ship a car capable of trapping people this way.

Door handles will have a mechanical release inside similar to other Teslas.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I think the Cybertruck doors will operate similar to the Model Xā€¦

Last edited:

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Too slow for me. If I'm in the woods being chased by cougars or worst being chased by angry Hill Billy's. I need a vehicle that can open quickly. I hope elon leaves the handles as a car option.
Yes, at least with handles they can find your fingers if the cougars leave 'em!
Sponsored