Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I don’t know about the rest of you, but personally 2021 feels like the pivotal year in EV adoption. When I bought my Tesla in February it was considered uncommon and few people really considered one for their next purchase. Other Teslas on the road were unusual and other EVs fairly uncommon. Now they are damned near commonplace and I only rarely get comments. Most people seem to think their next new car will be an EV.

So… Musk being Time person of the year? Yeah makes total sense. This is the Year of the EV.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Brilliant move on behalf of Time magazine. Nice way to try to make themselves relevant.

Do you get a choice to be on their cover or can they just put you in there anyway?

Previously published media assisted with the recognition of a person or brand, now with Time and EM its most definitely the other way around. Who's Time again?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Not the only roller coster we should be getting off, but CT is a great first step.

Already been offgrid for decades. CT means I can go offgrid with transportation too now.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Will that get the BBB bill passed?

-Crissa
EM doesn't want the bill passed at all. In fact none of the subsidies for government cronies.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Awesome, but bummer of a time to give yourself a bad haircut :)
I honestly think the haircut is because Elon lost a bet. The richest people in the world don’t bet with money.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
EM doesn't want the bill passed at all. In fact none of the subsidies for government cronies.
And for Elon no subsidies is good.... ? never mind that he made all his intial money in .com a subsidized www. Space X functions because it wins taxpayer funded space exploration. One could say subsidized space exploration now that private companies are doing it. Tesla itself probably only exists because taxpayers provided loans etc. I am not taking away from Elon and his genius at getting people to work together toward noble goals and his obvious brilliance as an engineer. But why does every sucessful person always start thinking that they built everything by themselves? Yes he is brilliant, yes he works very hard, yes he got lucky but he didn't do it in Haiti so if he wants to compete where there are no subsidies why isn't he there?
The purpose of government is the business of the people. It does that business by levying taxes and purchasing services.
So is Elon wrong for saying no to subsidies? No. For Tesla and his other businesses it is a wonderful and trolling thing to say! Is it right for the people of the country for government to not subsidize oil? Not at all. Without it US energy would not exist and the middle east would have us sitting in lines as long as the gas lines in the 70s. I trust Biden much more at doing government than I trust Elon and I would never get in a car Biden engineered. I do want to live.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
And for Elon no subsidies is good.... ? never mind that he made all his intial money in .com a subsidized www. Space X functions because it wins taxpayer funded space exploration. One could say subsidized space exploration now that private companies are doing it. Tesla itself probably only exists because taxpayers provided loans etc. I am not taking away from Elon and his genius at getting people to work together toward noble goals and his obvious brilliance as an engineer. But why does every sucessful person always start thinking that they built everything by themselves? Yes he is brilliant, yes he works very hard, yes he got lucky but he didn't do it in Haiti so if he wants to compete where there are no subsidies why isn't he there?
The purpose of government is the business of the people. It does that business by levying taxes and purchasing services.
So is Elon wrong for saying no to subsidies? No. For Tesla and his other businesses it is a wonderful and trolling thing to say! Is it right for the people of the country for government to not subsidize oil? Not at all. Without it US energy would not exist and the middle east would have us sitting in lines as long as the gas lines in the 70s. I trust Biden much more at doing government than I trust Elon and I would never get in a car Biden engineered. I do want to live.
The point is simple, current government is way to inefficient at capital reallocation.

Fiat money is an illusion, MMT economics means tax revenue is irrelevant except for throttling inflation, and government by itself never produced anything by itself, that people didn't do, or could not do through other artificial entities.

This is what Elon says, worth a watch:

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.