Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Do you understand the difference between spot prices and future contracts? It doesn't seem so.

Prices I showed were LME Nickel futures ccontracts.

I guarantee Tesla prices will increase. CT prices will SHOCK YOU! You seem oblivious to economic reality.

Nickel stocks in LME-registered warehouses have dropped almost 70% since April last year to 83,328 tonnes.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Do you understand the difference between spot prices and future contracts? It doesn't seem so.

Prices I showed were LME Nickel futures ccontracts.

I guarantee Tesla prices will increase. CT prices will SHOCK YOU! You seem oblivious to economic reality.
:rolleyes:

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My how things have changed since December..........

Stainless Steel Prices Are Expected to Keep Falling
Tesla Cybertruck Elon Musk replies to a Tweet about Pricing on the Cybertruck icon_time
Dec 13, 2021 00:58
Tesla Cybertruck Elon Musk replies to a Tweet about Pricing on the Cybertruck icon_timezone
CST

Source:SMM
The futures prices of stainless steel kept falling by more than 1,000 yuan/mt last week, and the spot prices remained in a downward trend.
SHANGHAI, Dec 13 (SMM) - The futures prices of stainless steel kept falling by more than 1,000 yuan/mt last week, and the spot prices remained in a downward trend.
The January spot and futures prices released by steel mills further dampened the market transactions. The stainless steel spot prices fell significantly last week. The stainless steel is expected to decline further due to the traditional off season and low exports.
On the supply side, many stainless steel plants will reduce the production for annual maintenance or saving costs. The total stainless steel output is expected to drop by 97,000 mt in December and fall by 290,000 mt in January. However, the production reduction will provide little support to the prices. It may only slow down the price decline amid the weak demand. The prices of raw materials are expected to fall, but the stainless steel mills have already suffered losses.
The SHFE SS2201 is expected to trade between 15,100-16,600 yuan/mt.
Tesla Cybertruck Elon Musk replies to a Tweet about Pricing on the Cybertruck 800

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My how things have changed since December..........

Stainless Steel Prices Are Expected to Keep Falling
icon_time.png
Dec 13, 2021 00:58
icon_timezone.png
CST

Source:SMM
The futures prices of stainless steel kept falling by more than 1,000 yuan/mt last week, and the spot prices remained in a downward trend.
SHANGHAI, Dec 13 (SMM) - The futures prices of stainless steel kept falling by more than 1,000 yuan/mt last week, and the spot prices remained in a downward trend.
The January spot and futures prices released by steel mills further dampened the market transactions. The stainless steel spot prices fell significantly last week. The stainless steel is expected to decline further due to the traditional off season and low exports.
On the supply side, many stainless steel plants will reduce the production for annual maintenance or saving costs. The total stainless steel output is expected to drop by 97,000 mt in December and fall by 290,000 mt in January. However, the production reduction will provide little support to the prices. It may only slow down the price decline amid the weak demand. The prices of raw materials are expected to fall, but the stainless steel mills have already suffered losses.
The SHFE SS2201 is expected to trade between 15,100-16,600 yuan/mt.
800.png

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Reality check (from the Tesla 10K)

Tesla Cybertruck Elon Musk replies to a Tweet about Pricing on the Cybertruck 1646763224486

I know it’s “SHOCKING” to some, but Tesla is ahead of this.

Literally years ahead.

Last edited:

Ed Harris

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
I seriously doubt Tesla is going to launch any low volume vehicles other than the Roadster and the Semi any time soon. If they do a van, it’s likely going to be designed to sell 250,000 units per year. Roughly the capacity of 1 Giga Press per year.

Unless you were thinking of first year’s production, even that is low.
I am just reading the spreadsheets. I also believe what you are saying that it will be slow but the ramp-up will happen. It's just is there going to be enough batteries?

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I am just reading the spreadsheets. I also believe what you are saying that it will be slow but the ramp-up will happen. It's just is there going to be enough batteries?
I’d have to go back and listen to the earnings call, but I seem to recall they said batteries were not going to be a constraint for the Cybertruck. I know they said they wouldn’t be a constraint for the Model Y.

I don’t think the ramp up will be slow.

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Reality check (from the Tesla 10K)

1646763224486.png

I know it’s “SHOCKING” to some, but Tesla is ahead of this.

Literally years ahead.

Agree that Tesla is years ahead of its competitors. BUT, unfortunately Tesla has no control of commodity prices, which includes nickel AND OIL. The increase in oil prices(who knows how much the increase will be) will inflate the price of virtually everything! Nickel will increase the cost of CT batteries and its Stainless Steel exoskeleton.

Clustertruck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Models X, 3, and X, Roadster and Cybertruck res.
Country flag
I have been following Elon Musk since he first started producing electric cars. I have never thought he was a greedy SOB and still don't . I believe what he says ,why not? Elon isn't going to get to be the richest man , he already is. No need to lie to us.
So the 7 price increases of the Y in '21 were not greed, just good business and supply-and-demand? : )

You've not been following closely. Good grief, this is a Cybertruck forum – along with the Roadster and his claims for FSD and AI, the Powerwall and Solar roof tiles, Supercharging, Boring … hard to find a topic where Musk is a slave to the facts.
If you're not familiar with his history, just google it. From his days before Tesla to taking Tesla from its founders, the employee suits against Tesla, his and his family appearing in court cases … he's not in court for good conduct awards. Musk and Tesla have an unbroken record of breaking promises, promises which were apparently known to be false at the time and proved false over time, to stock price manipulation, union busting, and more moral and ethical matters of how much the board pays him (the single biggest burden on Tesla is Musk's equity and misconduct costs.) He's also not the richest man, never had access to the capital, and was only fleetingly on paper last year.
A tougher question is to fine-tooth comb through his tweets and public statements and find something he said that proved true. Two I can think of are giga-China#1 went well, and the Solar-wind-battery grid in South Australia.

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
So the 7 price increases of the Y in '21 were not greed, just good business and supply-and-demand? : )

You've not been following closely. Good grief, this is a Cybertruck forum – along with the Roadster and his claims for FSD and AI, the Powerwall and Solar roof tiles, Supercharging, Boring … hard to find a topic where Musk is a slave to the facts.
If you're not familiar with his history, just google it. From his days before Tesla to taking Tesla from its founders, the employee suits against Tesla, his and his family appearing in court cases … he's not in court for good conduct awards. Musk and Tesla have an unbroken record of breaking promises, promises which were apparently known to be false at the time and proved false over time, to stock price manipulation, union busting, and more moral and ethical matters of how much the board pays him (the single biggest burden on Tesla is Musk's equity and misconduct costs.) He's also not the richest man, never had access to the capital, and was only fleetingly on paper last year.
A tougher question is to fine-tooth comb through his tweets and public statements and find something he said that proved true. Two I can think of are giga-China#1 went well, and the Solar-wind-battery grid in South Australia.
Sounds like the head of every company in Silicon Valley...?

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’d love to see some examples here.

Musk has slipped on deadlines **A LOT**.

But aside from that he tends to be a straight shooter in my experience.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Tesla can't keep customers happy if they end up with long waiting lists. It also gives them long liabilities to have long waiting lists.

Can't dissuade us (without egg on their face) because we already jumped.

-Crissa

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
There is a saying, "prices are based on what people will pay".

An example would be, when you have a house for sale. Doesn't everybody look at what other houses are selling for, and set their price accordingly?
Tesla raises and lowers their prices based on demand, and how much they think people will pay. The waiting list keeps going up. It's common sense that the price would go up. Why would you leave the price lower? To make the waiting list even longer? That would go over real well, with the investors.
Sponsored