Tracker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Dreamer
Country flag
If someone in his inner circle could throw some god damn blinders on him so he can focus and stay focused and maybe then all those shmucks like you & me that have already put money down to buy what seems to become more & more unlikely as preorders grow everyday, so Does the likelihood he will not come to find the same motivation & excitement that sold me on buying one in the first place but never to follow through the finish.
Sponsored

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I can agree with most of your sentiments except that I don't think it encompasses the root cause.

Free speech is not the same as free, mass, real time, worldwide publishing.

When those "rights" or "common values" were established they did not have the the capacity to foresee the consequences and scope of reach of mass, real time, global publishing through the internet. In fact many in that day and age didn't have the capacity to read themselves, let alone owned a book to read, and went to news readings to get an update, sometimes months after it happened, of any notable and world news events.

At that point in time free speech meant your audience was predominantly limited to anybody else that was in earshot of your voice and actually wanted to hear it. Let alone spoke your language or understood you accent.

Those limitations have now been removed, you can reach nearly anyone with a mobile phone, from anywhere on the planet, in real time, with no publishing editor or fact checker, all at the mercy of an algorithm that promotes profitable advertising.

And therin lies the problem, that individuals opinions, "alternative facts" or probable facts, science (which in itself is not in agreement many times- otherwise it wouldn't be science) and individual "realities" all get to express themselves and are published to a huge audience, that then exponentially amplify even the most trivial thing, to something meaningful, all in an effort to advertise products and services that are for sale for currency.

If we insist on having "free" speech it would therefore seem logical that it shouldn't be debased and devalued by the afflictions and affairs of trading coin, and it would be apparent that in it's the current form, we can no longer afford to have free speech at all, because no one is willing to concede its true cost, or accept what it's true value even is.

Although technology has provided us all with this publishing might, which power is akin to a god, in that you can share your thoughts with anyone on the planet, we as a society have yet to fully comprehend the fundamental restructuring that we need, to intentionally promote our combined well being using these tools, instead of being subdued and disoriented by the cresendo of biased noise created for the sake of making money.

As for your concerns as to if buying Twitter is the right way to "engineer" social change, I'm also not sure. I would have thought there might be a better and easier path. But we also don't know what EM knows, or what his ultimate plans are.
Exactly, the only way to get attention in real time free worldwide publishing is through combative exaggerated language. No body gets passionate about the boring middle ground hardworking science based truth.

I often display my delusions of grandeur in which my poignantly carefully worded posts will convince the masses and save the world of my right thing to do. I am just a boring middle income middle age dude from Utah. Who cares what I say. My post would just sit there with a couple likes.

Social media is the root of our division. Were things this bad pre 2008? Just boycott it.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Any society that can’t survive lies and conspiracy theories, (who decides what is true, anyway?) doesn’t deserve to survive anyway.
Pay attention please, we still have gullible people and had a recent insurrection based on narcissism, lies and conspiracy theories.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Musk cannot buy more than 15% of Twitter at any price without triggering the Poison Pill. That would massively dilute Musks Twitter position so he would have to pay $80 billion.

Plan B almost certainly involves something other than brute force acquiring the company.

Also, I seriously doubt Musk liquidates Tesla to buy Twitter.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
From afar, I always found it interesting that the Russian Hoax had in its core support for the Republicans. And it grew legs !! That was the amazing part.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
From afar, I always found it interesting that the Russian Hoax had in its core support for the Republicans. And it grew legs !! That was the amazing part.
Russian stoke each side. They want a house divided.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Russian stoke each side. They want a house divided.
ohhh Tinker71 Tailor Soldier Spy

You are enlightened.

Democracy's very openness and freedoms have has been used to try to destroy it.

It takes a Musk

OP
OP
JBee

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

Wow, like literally

infographic-attack-Pearl-Harbor-December-7-1941.jpg
First EM test of if you can accept free speech from "somebody you don't like, about something you don't like."

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
Looks like EM has gone nuclear and has filed to the SEC to buy all of Twitter’s shares for $54.20 each – a total of $41.4bn based on 763.58m shares outstanding.

EM said:

“I invested in Twitter as I believe in its potential to be the platform for free speech around the globe, and I believe free speech is a societal imperative for a functioning democracy,” Musk wrote in the letter to Taylor.

“However, since making my investment I now realise the company will neither thrive nor serve this societal imperative in its current form. Twitter needs to be transformed as a private company.

“As a result, I am offering to buy 100% of Twitter for $54.20 per share in cash, a 54% premium over the day before I began investing in Twitter and a 38% premium over the day before my investment was publicly announced.

“My offer is my best and final offer and if it is not accepted, I would need to reconsider my position as a shareholder. Twitter has extraordinary potential. I will unlock it.”

As previously discussed it seems EM is serious about taking free speech to the next level, and will not back down and be muted by the media. The question is just how far this will open up the next wave of fundemental changes in information exchange and cultural progress, without the powers that be, interfering with his vision and goals.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/technology/2022/apr/14/elon-musk-buy-twitter-share
I thought this is Cybertruck owners club, I don’t care what Elon does outside of Cybertruck he needs to put all focus on the CYBERTRUCK because at this point he is looking bad every other mfg is going to beat him out of the box. Teslas are top of the line or are they?

OP
OP
JBee

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Not sure why you addressing me as If I had any influence over what EM does, although I'd probably be over the moon if I would. (Hopefully in a Starship!) ;-)

But as you rightly pointed out to yourself, this thread is directly related to Cybertruck, in that what EM does impacts when and how the CT is produced. But in saying that I am also pretty confident that EM has mastered multitasking and currently there are hundreds of engineers and technicians busy making the CT a reality.

And to be honest, first to market is pretty meaningless if you can't sustain production and deliver product to a million preorders. If they were as fast as Rivian is atm, my 40minute after release order would only be delivered in 2035.

So, as per his Ted talk and in Cyber Rodeo (also posted on this thread) he is well aware this, and is working on the "scaling up" problem, to get lots of potential customers into their cars before any other manufacturer can.

As for his twitter moves, I fully support his free speech dance, although personally I would have thought there is a better way. But I don't know what he knows.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Not sure why you addressing me as If I had any influence over what EM does, although I'd probably be over the moon if I would. (Hopefully in a Starship!) ;-)

But as you rightly pointed out to yourself, this thread is directly related to Cybertruck, in that what EM does impacts when and how the CT is produced. But in saying that I am also pretty confident that EM has mastered multitasking and currently there are hundreds of engineers and technicians busy making the CT a reality.

And to be honest, first to market is pretty meaningless if you can't sustain production and deliver product to a million preorders. If they were as fast as Rivian is atm, my 40minute after release order would only be delivered in 2035.

So, as per his Ted talk and in Cyber Rodeo (also posted on this thread) he is well aware this, and is working on the "scaling up" problem, to get lots of potential customers into their cars before any other manufacturer can.

As for his twitter moves, I fully support his free speech dance, although personally I would have thought there is a better way. But I don't know what he knows.
I agree there are many talented people working on the CT and Tesla. Telsa would live on without Elon and the CT will probably come out when it comes out regardless as to this Twitter BS.

That said on a macro level it is a distraction and potentially a drain on Elon's capital. As I understand it Tesla probably hasn't spent $3B on Giga Austin to date. That is 3 years of spending and planning and careful engineering and developing 1000s of employees. He dropped $3B on software, some user base (active???) and rented servers over a couple months. It just does not compute.

I have always liked Tesla because it is a physical product and a physical factory. While a company's worth is usually way more than it's assets at least there is a physical asset that would have to be recreated in order for competition to take over. Not so with Facebook and Twitter. (servers not with standing)

Status
Not open for further replies.