Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
Lockhart, Texas … just down the road a piece. BBQ Capital… Black’s, Smitty’s or Kreuz’s (pronounced “Kritzes”) and you’ll be just fine and meat sweating all the way home…

Come and Take It.

ß
Sponsored

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Lockhart, Texas … just down the road a piece. BBQ Capital… Black’s, Smitty’s or Kreuz’s (pronounced “Kritzes”) and you’ll be just fine and meat sweating all the way home…

Come and Take It.

ß
Been to a few of them a decade ago and i can't wait to go back to pick up my truck. Although the best was the most unassuming.. Rudy's gas station and bbq. No joke, best bbq I've ever had!

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
Franklins is supposed to be the best in town currently. The line forms hours before they actually open, and they do not let you cut in line, just ask Yeezy :)

The Salt Lick was my favorite when I lived in Austin, but it is a fierce BBQ market and the best is always changing.

https://firstwefeast.com/eat/2016/01/kanye-franklin-bbq-shutdown

Klaatu

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Health Care Provider
Country flag
I want to take time off and enjoy a road trip with my new CT. I want to see the factory where it was built. And conveniently, I have family near Austin that I can show off and offer rides in my new CT.

To my knowledge, Tesla hasn't done factory pick-up since they started high volume mass production. But Elon did say that Terafactory Austin is going to be a destination site earlier, around July or so...

"It’s about 2,000 acres and we’re going to make it a factory that is going to be stunning. It’s right on the Colorado River. So we’re actually going to have a boardwalk, where there’ll be a hiking/biking trail. It’s going to basically be an ecological paradise, birds in the trees, butterflies, fish in the stream, and it’ll be open to the public as well. So not closed and only Tesla."

Elon please make it so! I want to fly into Austin-Bergstrom and hop over to Terafactory Texas to pick up my CT. I feel like posting this somehow might make it more likely to happen. Anybody else on board?
I want to take time off and enjoy a road trip with my new CT. I want to see the factory where it was built. And conveniently, I have family near Austin that I can show off and offer rides in my new CT.

To my knowledge, Tesla hasn't done factory pick-up since they started high volume mass production. But Elon did say that Terafactory Austin is going to be a destination site earlier, around July or so...

"It’s about 2,000 acres and we’re going to make it a factory that is going to be stunning. It’s right on the Colorado River. So we’re actually going to have a boardwalk, where there’ll be a hiking/biking trail. It’s going to basically be an ecological paradise, birds in the trees, butterflies, fish in the stream, and it’ll be open to the public as well. So not closed and only Tesla."

Elon please make it so! I want to fly into Austin-Bergstrom and hop over to Terafactory Texas to pick up my CT. I feel like posting this somehow might make it more likely to happen. Anybody else on board?
Great Plan "KID". Many of us would like to do this with a factory tour. Hitch in giddy-up as you have no doubt heard is dealer requirements to make final delivery in Texas. But E & Tesla said they would be working on this. Hope something can be worked out prior to my pickup of...pick-up. Or at least prior to picking up my Tesla aircraft. Happy Landings!

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Maybe Tesla can hire us to transport the Cybertruck back to our home of origin for the tidy sum of $1.00 where we can "take delivery" of said goods. And that would mean we all get a company ball cap and t-shirt to make it all official in the eyes of the law.

AlexD

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 460LS, Model 3 dm, Mustang Boss 302, F150,
Occupation
retired Building Contractor
Country flag

Austin to Virginia is my plan. Hope they allow factory pick-up.

AlexD

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 460LS, Model 3 dm, Mustang Boss 302, F150,
Occupation
retired Building Contractor
Country flag
Factory pick up is definitely something I want to do.
Slow road trip Austin to Virginia.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
I would love this!

If factory pickup is a thing, I would really like to coordinate with folks here to do a pickup as club members! What would everyone think of having a sort of "pickup calendar" on the club website? Members could submit their personal pickup date, time, location, and organize a meet-up to share in their excitement of delivery day.

I know when I picked up my Model 3, I was ESTATIC. I would love to share that excitement with someone rather than going the roller-coaster solo--again.

I mean, we're all stoked about the CT, common interest == friends, usually. haha.

Cheers!

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Mr. Administrator:

OK, no politics, just a totally neutral, apolitical question.

Please tell us why you consider Canada's proposed-for-the-next-budget 20% "luxury surtax" on most vehicles listing over six figures to be a "political" discussion -- and therefore forbidden on this site.

Not trying to argue, but to understand.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Please tell us why you consider Canada's proposed-for-the-next-budget 20% "luxury surtax" on most vehicles listing over six figures to be a "political" discussion -- and therefore forbidden on this site.
Arguing about it is political, talking about it isn't.

The cut off does seem arbitrary and designed to help ICE sales, since it doesn't consider TCO and only sticker price.

-Crissa

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Arguing about it is political, talking about it isn't.

The cut off does seem arbitrary and designed to help ICE sales, since it doesn't consider TCO and only sticker price.

-Crissa
Let me expand Crissa's point.

"Here's how to defeat that no-good political party in the next election." That's political, and I agree that such comment does not belong on this site.

"How to ensure that the Canadian list price of the Tesla you buy does not exceed C$100,000." That's not political, so I respectfully ask the site administrator why it's censored.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Remember also that moderation is a blunt tool, and sometimes bits get cut that needn't have been. But, the moderator only has so much time to devote to these things.

So don't take it personal, and if something got trimmed that didn't seem to be - and wasn't possibly illegal or unethical or overly political - try rephrasing it so it fits. If you can't, well, that's okay, too. It happens.

I still see most of the posts about how the luxury tax may be avoided, so I'd say that most of that remained?

-Crissa

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
I would like to do a factory pickup as well. I'm in New york I would love to make a little vacation out of it and meet other cybertruck owners at the factory I think it would be awesome.
This is in our plans too. We are planning on friends from Texas visiting us, visit a while and then hitching a ride with them back to Texas and picking up our CTTM. WITH….
our Cyberlandr in vault? .YES!!!!!
Then go and visit some family as well as old friends in Texas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Ohio? super super excited! My wife and I cannot wait for this and to meet fellow CT owners as well. We have never put in to find out where we stand with the estimated date in regards to the reservation tracker, but I understand the importance for the early birds more so than my wife and I. Having a lower vin has always been more appealing to me. ? So, I’m excited for those who got theirs in early. ?. Ours went through on 11/27/19 . We are happy though. Very happy. Gives us a weeee bit more time to prepare for this big trip. The CT vibe is real! More than any Tesla vehicle in my opinion. This vehicle is going to positively change our lives like many others all around the world. My wife and I have been Highway 1 brats here in California since forever ! ? We have been making this run since we were dating. I was 17 and she was 16. We love this drive very much! CT TM and CL will be all we need for comfort during our travels. What I use to do in a VW beetle as a boy years and years ago MADE me the man I am today. IF I ever wanted to go anywhere, I HAD To learn to fix. Thanks pops! I love you! RIP. I’ve put in my time and Now, I can relax and enjoy the memories of my wife, GF at the time, looking at me when broke down. She knew when something happened, I had what I needed to get her home. Her daddy sure appreciated me?ALWAYS.
Old Bubble gum wrappers came in handy for those weird electrical moments where I blew a fuse and an extra generator with pulley belt etc behind my Vdubs seat with tool box.? . I still have that old tool box. I opened it the other day and I had a brand new filter with xtra throttle cable with old bubble gum with the original aluminum foil? Shhhh. I had some tears ok. I did. Anyways, I love Tesla’s approach in life for ALL of us. Times have changed to say the least. We made it?!
TY Elon. TY lance King ? Also Bill French!
We get a bit excited talking about these “ideas” that will be very real very soon!
Have a wonderful day.
Sponsored