MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
I believe the units on pallets have passed some initial phase of testing and are waiting on engineering pickup to make mould adjustments. The Cs are heading for recycling and probably stands for cracked

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
if design is frozen, and now we see castings, why do they not show a final design and give it to the public......I guess it's still a game of hide and seek except for some CT driving around.......it will be interesting to finally see design especially since they are on the website for reservations

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I believe the units on pallets have passed some initial phase of testing and are waiting on engineering pickup to make mould adjustments. The Cs are heading for recycling and probably stands for cracked
Or they could mean C for Cybertruck so workers don't get confused on what they're looking at...that's what i would do to specify which castings is which. Definitely looking forward to the prototypes out of Austin. Looks to be right on time for production timeline given.

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
So excited to see the progress for the CT coming along. What I see, these castings are test run casting for the CT. the pictures showed, there are no strut mount holes location. I think they are just preparing for the first production for the actual castings. the pallet which the casting sits on is also made of the aluminum, so it could be recycle into the production parts. This is great way of using your resource. So well thought out!

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
. . .why do they not show a final design and give it to the public. . .

There's no advantage to revealing the truck earlier, considering that people are never satisfied, particularly those on the internet. The demands won't stop at the a body reveal; people will want to know the specifications, pricing, and release dates. So, why showcase the look of the final truck when the details haven't been fully worked out yet?

Now, I'm not addressing this directly to "you," so please don't take it the wrong way. The world doesn't revolve around your schedule, what you want to see, or when you want to see it. Tesla will unveil the Cybertruck when they believe the timing is right for Tesla.

But know, when Tesla finally shares official details about the Cybertruck, that will be it. At that point, a few thousand of us will be just a few months away from having a CT parked in our driveways.

In the meantime, we're all in a holding pattern waiting for the next official update.

Regarding the castings:

Has anyone ever seen shock towers mounted the way it looks like they'll be mounted on the CT? There's no pass through unless it gets cut out later in the process, or maybe they get added to the casting mold later. Does the Y casting ever not have passthroughs? After looking at the assembly image it looks like they blacked out the top of the shock mounts. That shadow seems a little too aggressive in that area of the casting.

Last edited:

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
if design is frozen, and now we see castings, why do they not show a final design and give it to the public......I guess it's still a game of hide and seek except for some CT driving around.......it will be interesting to finally see design especially since they are on the website for reservations
They want to surprise me with a two door model.

Zapharus

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 '22, Element '11, DM Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
Back in my day we‘d go months without a sighting. @CyberGus went on a hunger strike. He said he wouldn’t eat until the next Cybertruck sighting. He’d have starved to death if we hadn’t been able to trick him with a cardboard Mock-up on a trailer.

Back them, people were limited to filming the truck on those Sony cameras that recorded to floppy disks. Then the images had to be printed out and faxed to the server. We’d have killed for a potato cam shot back then,
Thems were dark times indeed. I'm just glad @CyberGus won't die of starvation.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
What makes you think we haven’t seen the final design already?

I doubt there will be any major changes from the prototype units we are cruising around.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Or they could mean C for Cybertruck so workers don't get confused on what they're looking at...that's what i would do to specify which castings is which. Definitely looking forward to the prototypes out of Austin. Looks to be right on time for production timeline given.
You are right. All the other models are S3XY. So they probably do just use a "C"

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
The shear size of the wheel well cavity is incredible. I bet it has an echo. I think one of my first mods is going to be to put a operable church bell donger on one of the wheel wells so I can make a daunting "DONG" every time i pick up my kids from school. Just a thought. It probably wouldn't sound as cool as i am imagining it.