First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
will we see 50% of the OEMs disappear?
I really am not sure who CT buyers are. If they are coming from another EV and normally would not buy a truck if it was not a CT, it would not have as much impact. You may need (you guessed it) a poll ;). I am thinking if someone held off buying an ICE truck in the past 4 years for CT, the impact of it is already in. 23 full size truck sales are fairly healthy so far in 23. The real impact on ICE truck sales will be when dual motor is on the road with a competitive price. If people see their neighbors are driving a better truck at lower cost, they will start converting and if by then OEMs have not figured out how to produce EV trucks at competitive prices profitably, they may start making a U-turn and fight back to sell more ICE. Hopefully success of CT will not result anyone else going out of business. I am hoping instead it will expedite their transition. As a consumer, I always want more competition, not less.
Sponsored

Jow

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser, '94 Bronco
Occupation
Biz Owner
Country flag
NEED MORE VIOLIN

ZAKEEUS

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S, X, Cybertruck
Country flag
But why are they taping the Frunk.. ?????
The same reason some semi trailers have plastic security seals on them. So they know if anyone opened it during delivery. Also, you don’t start producing and shipping vehicles in these numbers if you have that little confidence in the hood latch.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I really am not sure who CT buyers are. If they are coming from another EV and normally would not buy a truck if it was not a CT, it would not have as much impact. You may need (you guessed it) a poll ;). I am thinking if someone held off buying an ICE truck in the past 4 years for CT, the impact of it is already in. 23 full size truck sales are fairly healthy so far in 23. The real impact on ICE truck sales will be when dual motor is on the road with a competitive price. If people see their neighbors are driving a better truck at lower cost, they will start converting and if by then OEMs have not figured out how to produce EV trucks at competitive prices profitably, they may start making a U-turn and fight back to sell more ICE. Hopefully success of CT will not result anyone else going out of business. I am hoping instead it will expedite their transition. As a consumer, I always want more competition, not less.
You took the Thanos joke a little too seriously lol

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I think I maybe this answer to my question :

They dont want anyone else to peer into the Frunk to see what's in there... must be interesting enough to hide.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I was looking for an electric truck in 2015. Ford screwed the pooch and did almost nothing while GM, etc did totally nothing..... so I'll buy the CT. Legacy lost my truck business.

Azorian1

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, ChevyVolt, Porsche 914, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineering Program Manager
Country flag
That frunk looks powered!
Watching them "push" it down, wasn't that convincing too me. The rate of closure looked perfectly linear. I wonder if that's part of the process they have the workers trained to do. To make it look like they are "pushing" the frunk closed manually when it's outside even though its powered, so as to not give away the detail that it's powered.
Im thinking that because the head lights depend on the trunk being fully seated/closed for beam alignment, there is a powered latching mechanism to produce a significant amount of force to overcome a large area of gasketing. Also if it's going to float that drunk needs to be water tight.

Azorian1

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, ChevyVolt, Porsche 914, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineering Program Manager
Country flag
Im thinking that because the head lights depend on the trunk being fully seated/closed for beam alignment, there is a powered latching mechanism to produce a significant amount of force to overcome a large area of gasketing. Also if it's going to float that drunk needs to be water tight.
Did I say "drunk"?? Ughhh fruuunk
Sponsored