Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I have another picture where several panels come together that really shows how good they are aligned but just not here at work.
The picture is so good its NSFW?

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
The picture is so good its NSFW?
LOL... No, I just don't have it here and can't access my email or phone from work. But, now that you mention it, I'm sure there's some internet hottie looking for more exposure somewhere...

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
LOL... No, I just don't have it here and can't access my email or phone from work. But, now that you mention it, I'm sure there's some internet hottie looking for more exposure somewhere...
If they are looking for exposure, leave the shutter open long enough and all NSFW content will just get drowned out by the extra light.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
If they are looking for exposure, leave the shutter open long enough and all NSFW content will just get drowned out by the extra light.
But then I can't see them either!

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Let's say you get your CT and it has those major panel alignment issues. If it's the shape of the panel that is off, not the position, can they fix that at the service center or does it need to go back to the factory?
Service center can fix it
3mm SS in theory is not going to be "flexible" at all and the service center has a very hard time with the current vehicles. This is going to be an issue unless they get it nearly perfect. The castings doesn't seem like there will be much wiggle room.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
3mm SS in theory is not going to be "flexible" at all and the service center has a very hard time with the current vehicles. This is going to be an issue unless they get it nearly perfect. The castings doesn't seem like there will be much wiggle room.
Isn't rigidity an admirable quality in a truck? Between the SS, the castings, structural battery pack, etc this may be one of the most rigid vehicles ever built.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Isn't rigidity an admirable quality in a truck? Between the SS, the castings, structural battery pack, etc this may be one of the most rigid vehicles ever built.
It was in contexts of panel alignment issues and being able to adjust them though.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Glad l waited a few hours.... couldn't have gone the few days! Had to pull the trigger!!
By 75000, they'll be getting close to a finished Diamond. I'll take it in the rough if l have to!

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
In my MY experience, they don’t bend metal to fix door alignment issues they loosen bolts, move the part and then retighten bolts.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
In my MY experience, they don’t bend metal to fix door alignment issues they loosen bolts, move the part and then retighten bolts.
I hear what you are saying and have some familiarity with that. It is unclear how those thick SS panels are going to be attached AFAIK. Are there 'tabs' welded on? Are they using some automotive glue? It will be pretty cool to see it broken down by Munro and company.

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
I hear what you are saying and have some familiarity with that. It is unclear how those thick SS panels are going to be attached AFAIK. Are there 'tabs' welded on? Are they using some automotive glue? It will be pretty cool to see it broken down by Munro and company.
I think Stuck4ger is talking about loosening the bolts that attach the door hinge to the door to adjust the position of the door relative to the hinge.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
IMHO, I believe that the doors and the tailgate are not fully fastened/closed/secured.
If these are the same group of cars on three car haulers travelling from Austin to Fremont, then I think they are test mules, the one with the extremely poor fit was likely over-loaded and driven over severe terrain features to the point of failure. In other words, I think it's been purposefully totalled to verify the mechanism of failure. xThey are shipping them to Fremont so the structural team can analyze the mode of failure and determine if they need to adjust any of the structural components or attachment techniques to increase the robustness of the structure. With nine of them, it's likely they did extreme testing of each one using tests that focussed destructive forces on different parts of the chassis.

In short, I think all of those trucks might be purposefully totalled, not by crash testing (as others we have seen clearly were) but by load testing.
Sponsored