Giga Texas employee: Cybertruck deliveries should start Jan 2023 with crash/test vehicles produced later this year.

PAPAB

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota Highlander 2022 Model Y LR
Country flag
From Giga Texas employee:

Cybertruck deliveries should start 01 23' with crash/test vehicles being produced later this
year.

Tesla truly is taking this time (2022) to absolutely crush
everyone on software. We should significant improvements in all possible software areas for all
vehicles/users.

In addition, Tesla employees get ESD for free and they are now launching a program (starting in Austin) where coworkers can get together to give other Tesla employees educational tips on FSD so that more of them opt into FSD beta for free.
Sponsored

Clustertruck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Models X, 3, and X, Roadster and Cybertruck res.
Country flag
Here's hoping, but … c'mon … did this "employee" mention his name is Bullwinkle or Charlie Brown? : )

p.s. I can't figure out what this means, please elaborate:
"In addition, Tesla employees get ESD for free and they are now launching a program (starting in Austin) where coworkers can get together to give other Tesla employees educational tips on FSD so that more of them opt into FSD beta for free."

ESD is a typo for FSD
a program in Austin for "educational tips" to opt in to FSD beta for free … you mean there are Tesla employees who own or drive Teslas and they choose to not use FSD for free?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Rumors are cheap.

At this point until I see the Gigapress stamping out Cybertruck bodies and a few beta trucks charging on the San Jose or LA streets, I’m skeptical.

Not panning the top poster here.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Would be amazing if this were true. Even just the crash test vehicles would give us so much more to talk about. I can't wait to see how it holds up.

Bkent100

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
It manager
Country flag
Not believing any of this crap until someone takes delivery… if you fall for this, I have land to sell you!!!!

TAP1A

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
if this is true i would be hyped. but honestly sounds too good to be true. but if its january get ready boys 10 month countdown begins.

nomadmusk

First Name
Droxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic to Cybertruck
Occupation
2nd infantry of Tesla's Quality Division
Country flag
It's a little confusing, because there are multiple word of mouth versions that have floated for a few years, but FSD for employees isn't "free" outta the gate. It's more of a full rebate over time, so while you will get refunded the full amount, the avg turnover at Fremont is like under 6 months or something; its honestly a really tough job at first but its great pay. It's a couple of years before its "free-free", I forget how long actually. Way way better then nothing tho, especially with the rising FSD prices, but employees also get the best rates for leasing vehicles.

I crossed the country to work at Fremont for that and the stock options while I wait for the truck, then I'm heading home, but then I got a clearer explanation from someone that did it. So, unfortunately its not very free for me QQ. Great plan if you want a Tesla career tho.

Last edited:

Toonces

First Name
Meow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model Y
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Country flag
From Giga Texas employee:

Cybertruck deliveries should start 01 23' with crash/test vehicles being produced later this
year.

Tesla truly is taking this time (2022) to absolutely crush
everyone on software. We should significant improvements in all possible software areas for all
vehicles/users.

In addition, Tesla employees get ESD for free and they are now launching a program (starting in Austin) where coworkers can get together to give other Tesla employees educational tips on FSD so that more of them opt into FSD beta for free.
You spelled former Tesla employee wrong…I’m so far down the reservation list I’ll probably be getting the refreshed version of CT with new updated interior, square steering wheel and neuro-link blue tooth compatible…