Has anyone tried to use their Model X trailer hitch in the receiver on the Cybertruck? Will it work?

Jimbo Ringo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
Will Model X Tesla Hitch work on a Cybertruck?
Sponsored

Merle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MS, 4Runner, Tundra, Lexus, R1200GSA, KTM, etc.
Country flag
I thought the MX tow hitch was a hidden hitch design so that you have to insert it, and tighten a bolt to give you a 2” receiver. Came with its own nice case and you’d remove a cover.

Then the CT is actually a 2” receiver built into the frame of the truck. Remove the plastic cover and you can immediately start using it.

So you don’t need to use the MX “L” shaped hunk of metal to give you a tow hitch on the MX for the CT. Just a regular 2” hitch receiver (ball, bike, etc) to fit right on in.

OP
OP
Jimbo Ringo

Jimbo Ringo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
I thought the MX tow hitch was a hidden hitch design so that you have to insert it, and tighten a bolt to give you a 2” receiver. Came with its own nice case and you’d remove a cover.

Then the CT is actually a 2” receiver built into the frame of the truck. Remove the plastic cover and you can immediately start using it.

So you don’t need to use the MX “L” shaped hunk of metal to give you a tow hitch on the MX for the CT. Just a regular 2” hitch receiver (ball, bike, etc) to fit right on in.
Appreciate the feedback!

zeke

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, AWD Foundation Cybertruck
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
it should be a 2” receiver like the model x. The model y I believe is 1.5”. We use weigh safe tow hooks and stabilizer bars. They’re the ones with the scale gauge on the side to show you tongue weight.

https://www.weigh-safe.com/?affiliate=picklerick
Both my Model Y 2020 and Model X Plaid 2023 have 2'' receivers. I don't think Tesla installs 1.5'' receivers in the US

mbrockus

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Model X
Country flag
THe model X is removable. I would imagine the CT is a hard mount as pulling 11K lbs needs a really good connection to the frame.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag