Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Hi all. Been a long time reader of this blog, never posted. But here goes.

Some things I noted from the recent video of the beta version are that you can see 2 breaks in the top surface of the side pilars as the truck turns. Look like attach points similar to those on the original prototype.

Second, there are what seem to be other breaks by the tailgate, both sides, presumably buttons.

exciting!
Joe
You should go see the original prototype in person at The Petersen Automobile Museum if you get a chance. You can see these buttons up close.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck alpha prototype carrying off-road tires in bed1.jpg

Hadn’t thought about this until now, but looking at the image makes me realize you cannot have a tire standing up on the side of the vault and close the cover. You’d have to lay it flat which kind of sucks because it would take up a ton of space.

It would be awesome if the area in front of the hitch mount would accommodate a spare. Not holding my breath.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
You should go see the original prototype in person at The Petersen Automobile Museum if you get a chance. You can see these buttons up close.
Knew I took this for a reason!

Tesla Cybertruck How many tires fit in Cybertruck bed? 8 according to new sighting photos (2/3/23)! 🛞 IMG_4149.JPG

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
What I want to know is this: can I transport my BMW R1200GS in the bed of the CYBRTRK with the tailgate up?
No. BMW says your bike is 87 inches long. 6 feet is 72 inches. Not going to fit with the tailgate up.

Neither will my bike. I am just hoping it will fit with the tailgate down.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Knew I took this for a reason!

IMG_4149.JPG
Yeah, I was trying to capture the lighter gage SS point of the sail door was damaged. Plus, check out the hinges on that tailgate!!
Also, the bottom triangular button is for tailgate release. While the other rectangular button is to operate the vault cover. I was also surprised that there weren't any anchor points for a rack. On the CGI images there were anchor points.

Tesla Cybertruck How many tires fit in Cybertruck bed? 8 according to new sighting photos (2/3/23)! 🛞 damage

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If 34 years of marriage have taught me ANYTHING, it's that the only correct answer is "NO, THAT TRUCK DOES NOT MAKE YOUR BUTT LOOK BIG".

Nowadays they appreciate if you tell them their butt looks big. Its the era of the donk

Bentlb3

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4 wheels
Occupation
Work
Country flag
If you look closely those tires are the off-road ones that will line up with the original og wheel covers. 😎
Good eye! Only 749,999 trips to go before you have all your tires to fill your orders Elon!

beeeasybro

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Avalon,Outback, and previously Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Boat Captain
Country flag
What I want to know is this: can I transport my BMW R1200GS in the bed of the CYBRTRK with the tailgate up?
That would be siiiiiiiiick

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
No. BMW says your bike is 87 inches long. 6 feet is 72 inches. Not going to fit with the tailgate up.

Neither will my bike. I am just hoping it will fit with the tailgate down.
Maybe diagonally?
Should be 'Snug as a Bug'

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
not a chance. Hypothesized 70" with gate up based on those tires which seems to confirm the announced bed size. Your bike length is 87".

They announced 78" bed length. Looking more and more like the actual usable bed length for anything other than a few sheets of plywood is closer to 70" due to the slope of the front bed wall. So it's kinda an exaggeration by the manufacturer saying it's a 6.5' bed with an asterisk for that extra half foot of space. Even the largest dimension won't fit your bike tailgate up.
Sponsored

Last edited: