HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm glad they are responsive. It's a Ford, you'll likely have lots of interaction with the dealer after delivery too..... :rimshot:
I have a Ford F-150. The dealer was pretty responsive until I drove it off the lot. I'm not sure what happened after that. :unsure:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If price was the same, I would take the mustang over bolt and Hummer over both F150 and CT (I know this is going to put me on the crap list of many members but I just like the damn thing, it does not have to make sense)
There is a great deal of overlap in price between the Hummer and the F150.

I just can’t get my head around the Hummer. Though it does have a spare tire which is something.

I’ve said it before and worth repeating. Value is the Cybertrucks secret weapon.

Assuming everything else is equal, the Cybertruck is best value in it’s price class. The only compare that’s close is the base F150 versus the base Cybertruck. I still think the Cybertruck is better, but I can see the argument for the F150 at $39,000.. particularly as long as the Ford gets the gubmint advantage.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Cybertruck has the most cargo space. (well, cargo space that doesn't block your view of the road, anyhow.)

So uhh... It kinda wins for me. That's what I want a truck for.
I much prefer the low hood of the Cybertruck, but I do like the fact that the F150’s Frunk wraps around so it opens nearly flush with the base of the frunk so you don’t have this big basin you have to lift things into and out of.

But the under the vault storage and the sail pillar storage is pretty awesome.

Of course any time I start thinking of value, the air suspension is top of my mind. Being able to raise and lower the bed is the killer feature of killer features in a truck. I just can’t believe the people covering these trucks don’t talk about that at all.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I much prefer the low hood of the Cybertruck, but I do like the fact that the F150’s Frunk wraps around so it opens nearly flush with the base of the frunk so you don’t have this big basin you have to lift things into and out of.

But the under the vault storage and the sail pillar storage is pretty awesome.

Of course any time I start thinking of value, the air suspension is top of my mind. Being able to raise and lower the bed is the killer feature of killer features in a truck. I just can’t believe the people covering these trucks don’t talk about that at all.
I do like the Hummer style frunk (F150 stole it from Hummer) but I don’t mind lifting stuff a bit for CT. People have been doing it for sedans for years and we have not lost anyone yet because of it.

Suspension was one of the reasons I doubted CT price would hold at production, especially for CT1. But if it does, people that are on the fence due to the looks will get over it. Just to be clear CT looks for me is the winner over all competition Even though I was shocked like many others at reveal.

Last edited:

X32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Audio Tech
Country flag
just curious how it would be dangerous? it seems like everything would be protected and as long as you shut off the main you wouldn't electrocute the utility workers, but even installing a basic transfer switch, which I don't think is illegal or out of code carries the same risk. Obviously an automatic transfer switch removes that risk.

For someone who didn't understand electricity it could be very dangerous. Imagine someone having a live cable with two male ends and didn't understand how important it was to kill power before unplugging it, like any other power cable. Or didn't understand the danger of not flipping the circuit breakers in the correct order. Most of the things covered in codes are there because some got killed, or killed someone, doing it.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
For someone who didn't understand electricity it could be very dangerous. Imagine someone having a live cable with two male ends and didn't understand how important it was to kill power before unplugging it, like any other power cable. Or didn't understand the danger of not flipping the circuit breakers in the correct order. Most of the things covered in codes are there because some got killed, or killed someone, doing it.
This is a manual transfer switch. It has a line in and a generator in via a plug in cord, the toggles between the two or turns it off.

The exposed male plug is inside the protected outlet box. The male plug is *never* live when it is exposed. When the switch is on line, there is no power to that plug. When the switch is on "GEN", the only power is coming from the power cord. If the power cord is plugged in, the male portion is covered and the live circuit is protected.

Tesla Cybertruck I Cancelled my Cybertruck for the F150 Lightning iu-2

There is no order to flip breakers in.

There is another style where each breaker is switched separately, but even with that order doesn't matter. Each circuit is either running from the generator (battery/ truck in this case) or main power from the utility.

X32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Audio Tech
Country flag
This is a manual transfer switch. It has a line in and a generator in via a plug in cord, the toggles between the two or turns it off.

The exposed male plug is inside the protected outlet box. The male plug is *never* live when it is exposed. When the switch is on line, there is no power to that plug. When the switch is on "GEN", the only power is coming from the power cord. If the power cord is plugged in, the male portion is covered and the live circuit is protected.

iu-2.jpeg

There is no order to flip breakers in.

There is another style where each breaker is switched separately, but even with that order doesn't matter. Each circuit is either running from the generator (battery/ truck in this case) or main power from the utility.
This would be the correct/legal way to do it, not the illegal shortcut we were discussing before.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I have reservations for both. I can be bought out for a premium on my F150 for a premium, lol..

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Just gonna put this out there:
Ford over the air updates require a service appointment at a Ford dealership that doesn't know how to fix EVs. No fleet will want this if a service appointment is required for simple software updates.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That's why I said an installed base of service centers isn't an advantage. There's no telling if they're going to be prepared or not.

And it's not like they haven't been performing software updates onFords for ten years. They have.

-Crissa

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Ford over the air updates require a service appointment at a Ford dealership