Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m still DIYing my current vehicle right up to the delivery date of my Cybertruck. I don’t want to be stranded in the middle of nowhere nowadays. Repairing my own vehicle saves me money and keeps me busy in my retirement years. It also kicks in the Murphy’s Law rule that will speed up the delivery date of my Cybertruck.
Sponsored

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I owned my 01 Silverado for the last 11 years! Now that the Cybertruck is feeling closer (and im not really using it) I decided to get rid of it. We are down to 1 gas car and an MYP. When the CT actually comes out, we plan on poofing the Civic too!

Who else is already making moves?

RIP Silveraydo.
I want to sell the F-150 really bad. But there is no way we can sell it before we get our Cybertruck because we need a truck capable of towing and hauling.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Certain accessories, such as racks or whatever are customized for a particular truck.

To say CT has to have this or that, is fait accompli .. bound to let anyone down.

CT will have everything other trucks have, and be able to cater for all reasonable expectations. 3rd party will come up with all sort of solutions, just as they do now for other brands.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I’m still DIYing my current vehicle right up to the delivery date of my Cybertruck. I don’t want to be stranded in the middle of nowhere nowadays. Repairing my own vehicle saves me money and keeps me busy in my retirement years. It also kicks in the Murphy’s Law rule that will speed up the delivery date of my Cybertruck.
Nice, I had to do a radiator swap and a window track and motor swap on my truck before I sold it.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sold my 2017 F-150 limited with 32K on it last November and picked up a 2011 MKS in the meantime to prepare for the CT (may use it as a trade in when ready), and since the big dip in MY, sold my wife's 2017 Edge sport last month for a MY to be delivered between 20 Feb - 20 March.... Just got the Powerwall installed 2 days ago.... this sh*t is getting real!!!!

So short answer is yes... sold to prepare for CT... BRING IT ON!!!!!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Let me reality adjust your thoughts here.

Six months ago when used vehicle prices were ridiculously high across the board and used electric vehicle were selling for more than new, you got a quote for your 5 year old Tesla. That quote was likely barely less than you paid for it in spite of 50,000 miles or more.

Now, post bubble, your Model 3 is selling for what most people would expect a decent condition 5 year old car to sell for.

Didn’t it occur to you after watching the price of your 4+ year old car rising for the 6th month in a row that there was a pricing bubble? Also, the cost of the replacement is now $18,000 less than previously. You are in the same boat, the water level is just a bit lower.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I just pulled an offer for my 21 myp, 38k.

Pretty sad out there.

But seems back to normalish

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Let me reality adjust your thoughts here.
poor guy didn't need his whole career ended like Supa hot fire. But yes I agree with this mostly.

Lower prices mean cheaper cybertruck then we woulda got peak bubble.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
If I can't get some kind of ladder rack onto a CT, I might NEVER sell my old truck.
You would have to be Delusional to believe a bunch of companies aren't going to be climbing the walls to build aftermarket shit for the Cybertruck.

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Well Yeah, but where's the attachment points for the racking?
I'm very surprised there's not much discussion of that, around here.
But seriously, with stainless that thick... just get a skilled welder and put the racks... where's the attachment points?
The glass occupies a lot of area... you got doors that open in the wings (is that still a thing?) Then the vault door and switches to operate the vault on the rear corner...
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If nobody is putting ladders or other 12 foot long materials on it buy the time my number comes up, no sale.
Sponsored

Last edited: