Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Well Yeah, but where's the attachment points for the racking?
I'm very surprised there's not much discussion of that, around here.
But seriously, with stainless that thick... just get a skilled welder and put the racks... where's the attachment points?
The glass occupies a lot of area... you got doors that open in the wings (is that still a thing?) Then the vault door and switches to operate the vault on the rear corner...
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If nobody is putting ladders or other 12 foot long materials on it buy the time my number comes up, no sale.
It has been discussed, if the bed rails make it, there will be mounts usable there.

And new beta looks to have points along the top glass.

But honestly, if you're ahead of me in the waitlist. There will never be support for 12 ft long things. Might as well cancel
Sponsored

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
It has been discussed, if the bed rails make it, there will be mounts usable there.
And new beta looks to have points along the top glass.
These bed rail mounts you speak of... wouldn't putting a rack there disable the vault door? Sounds like it
I saw a photo of some "mounting points" awhile back. Seemed kinda small and nobody was sure that's what they really were.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
These bed rail mounts you speak of... wouldn't putting a rack there disable the vault door? Sounds like it
I saw a photo of some "mounting points" awhile back. Seemed kinda small and nobody was sure that's what they really were.
Yea it might limit vault closure if you used those rails but a typical truck doesn't even come with a vault. And if they can figure out racks on model y and model3 I'm sure CT will have good mounting

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I think there will be a piece of timber running under the sides of the vault, we can just nail in anything we want. :D

JCERRN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Country flag
I owned my 01 Silverado for the last 11 years! Now that the Cybertruck is feeling closer (and im not really using it) I decided to get rid of it. We are down to 1 gas car and an MYP. When the CT actually comes out, we plan on poofing the Civic too!

Who else is already making moves?

RIP Silveraydo.

1676169546594.png
Ive got a 2014 Subaru Forester with 192k miles on it that i bought used and is paid off. Im hoping it lasts until my ct is ready. In the meantime I'm saving $1000/month. Once the truck is ready, ill put down my savings and sell the bru and see where that leaves me.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Ive got a 2014 Subaru Forester with 192k miles on it that i bought used and is paid off. Im hoping it lasts until my ct is ready. In the meantime I'm saving $1000/month. Once the truck is ready, ill put down my savings and sell the bru and see where that leaves me.
Nice! With this month I should be paid off on all debt besides MYP and mortgage so my $1000 a month savings can begin too

Space monkey

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fat Cat
Occupation
Philosopher
Country flag
Since my 98 Ram 2500 (gas) with 200k miles had almost no value, I decided to turn it into a dump truck. As much as I love the CT, it hardly looks like she’s designed for hard labor, or even long distance towing for that matter. I imagine many of us will be keeping an old truck as a beater/hauler. By driving the CT the other %90 of the time, maybe I can get another 20 years out of this old truck.
Tesla Cybertruck I sold my truck to make way for the Cybertruck! Who else is making moves? CA173F91-1BF7-49CB-AAF8-56E63B8BBD7A

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Since my 98 Ram 2500 (gas) with 200k miles had almost no value, I decided to turn it into a dump truck. As much as I love the CT, it hardly looks like she’s designed for hard labor, or even long distance towing for that matter. I imagine many of us will be keeping an old truck as a beater/hauler. By driving the CT the other %90 of the time, maybe I can get another 20 years out of this old truck.
CA173F91-1BF7-49CB-AAF8-56E63B8BBD7A.jpeg
That's a reasonable plan. I don't tow stuff so I can't really give an opinion on cybertruck towing but 500 mile battery (if we go with towing chopping half the range off) would still likely give like 250 miles depending on what you're hauling. That might not be enough though and it's not gonna be that high in the cold lol

Jow

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser, '94 Bronco
Occupation
Biz Owner
Country flag
got my 95k mile 2007 FJ presold to my brother's buddy who has another one. told him i gotta wait for the CT and make sure there's no immediate recall, been there/done that before with a few toys.