O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope that we can see the CT out and about hitting hard trails, and showing us what our money will be getting.
yea....not like the Rivian.......no rollovers.....
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Still seems like crumbs. The whole loaf would be one of the giant press plates!
When there were fuzzy pictures of major GP components in the distance and under plastic, I was like “That’s most likely the Gigapress” but there was room for a tiny bit of doubt.

This picture leaves zero doubt you can clearly see the red components which were quite obvious in the images of the assembled press previously. There is no uncertainty left. Most likely the press plates are one of those plastic wrapped packages behind, but the red armatures are extremely conspicuous. Particularly stacked next to boxes with IDRA which are the perfect shape for holding the huge piston shafts.

Tesla Cybertruck IDRA 9K Giga Press Parts Spotted inside Giga Texas! [Updated 1/11/23 with new pics] 1671656209375

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
When there were fuzzy pictures of major GP components in the distance and under plastic, I was like “That’s most likely the Gigapress” but there was room for a tiny bit of doubt.

This picture leaves zero doubt you can clearly see the red components which were quite obvious in the images of the assembled press previously. There is no uncertainty left. Most likely the press plates are one of those plastic wrapped packages behind, but the red armatures are extremely conspicuous. Particularly stacked next to boxes with IDRA which are the perfect shape for holding the huge piston shafts.

1671656209375.png
What do you think of that huge robot? For removing a huge die cast rear-end?

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
Just watched Joe's 12/21 video. I have to say I'm absolutely blown away by the scale of Giga Texas and the sheer volume of parts they are storing all over the place. Sure looks like they are preparing for massive ramping. Not to mention four foundations for additional giga presses. This factory is incredible.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Just watched Joe's 12/21 video. I have to say I'm absolutely blown away by the scale of Giga Texas and the sheer volume of parts they are storing all over the place. Sure looks like they are preparing for massive ramping. Not to mention four foundations for additional giga presses. This factory is incredible.
Did you see that IDRA posted an updated breakdown of the 9K ton gigapress and that it is 85’ long? I am not convinced that there is 85’ between those columns so maybe they intend to orient the press the other way and cover 2 of those foundations somehow.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The casting floor area is 300 feet across.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Did you see that IDRA posted an updated breakdown of the 9K ton gigapress and that it is 85’ long? I am not convinced that there is 85’ between those columns so maybe they intend to orient the press the other way and cover 2 of those foundations somehow.
IIRC, it's about 40' pillar to pillar.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
This is exactly what I've expected. Those things are huge. The two foundations are one press.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Inreaaaally really hate to be that guy, but guys I’m about 60% sure I saw the Cybertruck pass me opposite way on the freeway tonight

IF my dash am caught it(was driving Tacoma) I’ll be checking the memory card tomorrow and will report back. I’m trying so hard to not post this but I’m so stoked

no ears on the front light disc like the Lightning. No Pixar eyes like the Rivian…….. the rearlight wa as pure line. I’m 60%.
Sponsored