If you could request three factory add-ons, what would they be?

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
...less ambitious than many requests but, a 3.5mm AUX jack input...
...my Hi-Res DAP is better quality than the in car system and i would like to jack it into the speakers...
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
...less ambitious than many requests but, a 3.5mm AUX jack input...
...my Hi-Res DAP is better quality than the in car system and i would like to jack it into the speakers...
Out of curiosity, why would you want to push the output of a
Hi-Res DAP
that is
better quality than the in car system
through a 3.5mm AUX jack? Seems like you might want something like a mini-TosLink connector instead.

Also curious what specifically your Hi-Res DAP is. Are you recording hi-resolution wildlife sounds or something?

Deleted member 3316

I got one I haven't seen...... Its potentially just software update if they don't have it already in mind...

1) Use back EMF vs power input to calculate torsion/ stress on CV joints for options where an individual wheel is controlled by a single motor. I.E tri-motor rear wheels or every wheel for quad motor plaid. When doing heavy 4x4 tracks, a wheel might lose and regain complete traction instantly and snapping CV joints etc... is a common outcome of those situations. Using back EMF to sense that spike in traction, the car could instantly dial back power to that one wheel briefly to prevent damage.

2) 600+ mi trimotor

3)waterproof door seals at least up to the window sills for getting bogged in mud/water crossings. prevent water from getting to that oh so expensive computer and electronics inside.

4) the seats fold up in back, but also all seats fold to create an entire sleeping area in the cab. one big bed.

5) tesla winch
O
M
G

Number one would be an amazing factory option... does any other manufacturer do this? I would doubt it considering the millisecond reaction time required.

Number 3 has had positive comments from Elon Musk and is all but confirmed.
Number 4 is going to be difficult considering current design but l’m sure you could get a custom one made.

Number 5 has its own thread!

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberOwl

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Series AWD, Model 3 RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Foul Owl
Country flag
4) the seats fold up in back, but also all seats fold to create an entire sleeping area in the cab. one big bed.
I bet if the back seats could fold up, and the front row of seats could slide forward against the wheel, there would be enough room for sleeping in the cab. Maybe not fully stretched out tho.

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
If they are T - slots they are going to be a bit of a mission to keep free from gunk, - also depending on what you regularly load. I tend to often carry sand and such like, so I would probably have to source some thick rubber matting similar to conveyor belt material, which I would chuck into the bin before loading sand etc. Not perfect as some sand would still sneak in at the edges.
Alternatively, and a nicer/neater option would be if some after-market crowd made rubber/neoprene strips which you could temporarily insert to keep the grooves clean. They would also double as a non skid surface.
Keep in mind there is an air hose back there to help blowing out sand. You could hook up a pressurewasher and really give it a good cleaning. :)

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Out of curiosity, why would you want to push the output of a that is through a 3.5mm AUX jack? Seems like you might want something like a mini-TosLink connector instead.

Also curious what specifically your Hi-Res DAP is. Are you recording hi-resolution wildlife sounds or something?
...3.5mm is an analogue jack, so my DAP would do the conversion to analogue...
...it would then send the already processed audio straight to the speakers...
...a Toslink or Digital Coax would send the digital data, unprocessed, to the cars system...
...and have the DAC in the MCU do the conversion to analogue...
...essentially that would be the same as playing my files on USB drive through the car...
...the D.A.C. in my D.A.P. is a better quality D.A.C., very likely...
...([D]igital to [A]nalogue [C]onverter in my [D]igital [A]udio [P]layer for the uninitiated)...
...I would prefer it to give me a cleaner processing from digital to analogue...
...and go via the 3.5mm to the very good speakers, via an analogue line...
...sorry for the word salad...
...my player is a Hiby R6Pro, Stainless Steel edition(hehe)...
...the DAC in the Tesla is the weak link in the chain here...
...it is designed for streaming and bluetooth, which both have compromised bitrates...
...the speakers can provide a greater dynamic range than most options in the car even provide...
...FLAC files via USB is better, though my R6 analogue directly to speakers would be best...
...the audio manufacturer who makes the sound system also does post processing on music...
...altering the EQ to make it audible in different situations, higher acceleration, freeway driving etc...
...I would like to avoid any post processing of my lossless files...
...I know I'm a niche case, and I can always hack it in myself if I need to...
...but if i'm paying this much for a vehicle, it would be nice if they ponied up the extra 17 cents...
...even if it's hidden in the glovebox or something...

Last edited:

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
1) Use back EMF vs power input to calculate torsion/ stress on CV joints for options where an individual wheel is controlled by a single motor.
That's a given. These motors use vector space control and so know at every instant of time how much torque is being produced.

Deleted member 3316

Having an electronic diff lock would be beneficial, possibly integrating all sensors available; if a wheel is off the ground or has less traction there’s a chance air pressure is also lower than the tyres with grip.

The best solution is the Rivian idea with individual wheel motors. Quite easy to have an electronic/software diff lock with four motors.

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Toslink isn't digital.

-Crissa
TOSLINK (from Toshiba Link[2]) is a standardized optical fiber connector system.[3] Also known generically as optical audio, its most common use is in consumer audio equipment (via a "digital optical" socket), where it carries a digital audio stream from components such as CD and DVD players, DAT recorders, computers, and modern video game consoles, to an AV receiver that can decode two channels of uncompressed lossless PCM audio or compressed 5.1/7.1 surround sound such as Dolby Digital or DTS Surround System. Unlike HDMI, TOSLINK does not have the bandwidth to carry the lossless versions of Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, or more than two channels of PCM audio.

...i am forced to relate that it is...

Last edited: