Inflation & preorders final purchase price.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The reservation on their website does not state what your FSD price is, it just says that you reserved FSD.
1627086822873.png

The order agreement wording states that the vehicle price may vary. While Model Y's reservations had the same verbage, they did honor the original reserved price of the vehicle for reservation holders even though they did not have to.

It says directly on their website, and still does today:
1627086967272.png

Meaning if you reserved at $7k, your FSD will be $7k.

If what you're saying is that there is no "Full Self-Driving Capability" listed on your reservation, then I would check your email for the original order. It will look like this:
1627087068938.png
If it is not listed on the email, then you thought you ordered FSD, but did not; which would be a real bummer. :eek:

Also, if you modified your order, which I did do early on, you will also get an email that states what you've reserved. Again, it will confirm that you selected FSD:
1627087318931.png
I understand all that you are saying....what is am trying to say is that I did order the FSD option and it was on my account online for many months, then it has disappeared.....I know it was on the email, but my email crashed and I lost all of my saved email folders and their contents.....I cant find anyone at Tesla that can or is willing to help me....cant even get sales to look it up....thats what is bugging me
Sponsored

Halemarine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.halemarine.com
Vehicles
Model Y, Ford F150, Chevrolet Equinox
Country flag
The Cybertruck pre-order price is an ā€œestimateā€ only (read Teslaā€™s fine print). I can almost guarantee that all reservation holders are going to see a price increase when production starts.

For example, the Model Y has jumped from $48,990 in early 2021 to $53,990 as of today. Thatā€™s a $5k price increase. The LR Model S and X have also received a $5k price increase recently. The Model S Plaid recently received a $10k price increase.

MY CRYTAL BALL PREDICTION: Cybertruck prices will jump to $44,990 for the Single Motor, $54,990 for the Dual Motor and $74,990 for the Tri-Motor model. Donā€™t forget to add a $1200 destination fee and those ā€must haveā€ options. I predict a lightly loaded Tri Motor model will be north of $80k.

Higher MSRPā€˜s will be the #1 reason that some reservation holders will not purchase and request a refund. I predict it will be around 30-40% of reservation holders.
It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I am sure they will have a carefully worded reservation price order sheet that probably states all prices are subject to change.....thats what really pisses me off...I ordered my CT3 for $69k + FSD for $10k = $79k......I will not be a happy camper if prices change..... in addition, they have convienently deleted my FSD order from my account and no one at Tesla can seem to get me to someone that can discuss this issue....I am not holding my breath for $69k and for them finding my elusive 10K FSD order.....
I wouldnā€™t expect the FSD is going to go up. It hasnā€™t really had a great rolling out or thrilling reviews. So I wouldnt worry too much and as long as you have the email confirmation of your order with FSD donā€™t worry. They will honor your order with FSD. Now if the CT goes up in price I wouldnā€™t be surprised and Tesla has so much demand that they could raise each option by $10k and still be comparable to all the other EV trucks coming out. And they would still sell as many as they can make for the next 5 years. Letā€™s just hope for the best and make the best decision when the time comes. One positive thing is that if the cost goes up so does the resale value to some degree.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Commodity prices are starting to come back down from the crazy ness driven by the pandemic. I think Elon really does want to make the cars affordable as possible to entice as many as possible to buy EVs. If they raise the cost I trust itā€™s for good reason to maintain their profitability where it needs to be. I donā€™t think they are being greedy. Look their solar roof program. They tried to go low on it and help it gain momentum and they learned the real cost and adjusted. I do think early adopters will be rewarded with the CT and I wouldnā€™t wait a year to get it if possible

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Commodity prices are starting to come back down from the crazy ness driven by the pandemic. I think Elon really does want to make the cars affordable as possible to entice as many as possible to buy EVs. If they raise the cost I trust itā€™s for good reason to maintain their profitability where it needs to be. I donā€™t think they are being greedy. Look their solar roof program. They tried to go low on it and help it gain momentum and they learned the real cost and adjusted. I do think early adopters will be rewarded with the CT and I wouldnā€™t wait a year to get it if possible
Elon is an ambitious man that is good at math. As long as there is more demand than he can satisfy with production capacity, it makes no sense to lower prices.

He always want to expand and do more and higher profit margin helps with that by pushing up revenue and stock price. So there are always other factors fighting his goal of lowering prices.

Once capacity overwhelms the demand, things may change.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
This comes up every month.

For everyone that is worried about pricing and FSD disappearing, the price of the vehicle may change, and if you fiddle with your order you may well increase the FSD price. Leave it alone. Paranoia wonā€™t make it better and a law suit would fail and then you would lose more money. When the price is announced, if you donā€™t like it, then you can buy one of the many other trucks that will come out.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Model Y deliveries now say November of this year. Demand must be crazy right now. I think buyers are pre-ordering now and hoping that another BEV tax incentive will be passed by Congress as part of the Infrastructure Act.

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
What is with all this FUD? Man... You guys need to chill and quit taking counsel of your fears. Can you control any of this? No. So f it and just wait and see...

Tesla knows they will sell more at a cheaper price. They'll make more money in the end by doing so. They have never increased prices for existing reservations. Ever. Chill...

And they always play up/down games with prices once production has started and to influence new orders. That's how they game things. Not by changing things (beyond delivery times/estimates) midstream. Chill...

Wow...

įŗž

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
well a lot has been blamed on the cargo ship that was stranded in the Suez Canal ....like chip shortages.....but that only lasted 3 weeks and everything went back to normal.....so the chip shortage was a fart in the wind as far as I am concerned....I agree that as long as there is more demand Elon will not lower prices.....but remember, he has not built the truck yet so the demand keeps raising....

also, if it keeps raining in Texas, they will have a hard time catching up but most of the work is inside in drier conditions now

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
My wife ordered a Y a month ago and the current order price, is 2k more. By delivery in September it will undoubtedly be more.
At what point would taking the PR hit and settling any lawsuits be more cost efficient than a loss on each pre-ordered CT to roll off the line?
Are you saying they are charging her something other than what the price was when she ordered the car?

If so, this is the first Iā€™ve heard of Tesla changing the price between the initial exchange of cash and the purchase of the vehicle.

The Cybertruck pre-order price is an ā€œestimateā€ only (read Teslaā€™s fine print). I can almost guarantee that all reservation holders are going to see a price increase when production starts.

For example, the Model Y has jumped from $48,990 in early 2021 to $53,990 as of today. Thatā€™s a $5k price increase. The LR Model S and X have also received a $5k price increase recently. The Model S Plaid recently received a $10k price increase.
The pre order agreement is not a pricing guarantee, but it is something which Tesla has honored to date as far as I know.

Tesla has increased the price of the Model Yā€”after preorders were complete. I purchased my Model Y. Have they ever increased the price of a vehicle someone already ordered?

I fully expect Tesla will be selling the tri-motor Cybertruck for $69k at launch. There may be some options which people feel are mandatory (mid gate & solar being the biggies), but I find it extremely unlikely they will change the base offer.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
...so the chip shortage was a fart in the wind as far as I am concerned....
Chip shortage is ongoing. The drop in production at the Shanghai Gigafactory this month is said to be due to it, Ford and GM still have lots of cars sitting waiting for parts, and Tesla keeps having these 'holds' where they line up cars but don't ship them right away...

There isn't enough fabs to produce all the orders. I just had to drive two hours to a specific store and stand in line for two hours just to buy a single video card that was supposed to come out nine months ago. And about 10% of those in the line four hours before the store opened were turned away.

-Crissa

Nomader

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
I order on reveal night...number is 46,160....CT3 for 69k and FSD for 7k.....then my FSD disappeared on the order page and I can't get anywhere to talk to anyone
Most Tesla employees who handle phone calls are terribly untrained and clueless, based on my experience.
In a sample of 19 calls over 3 years, I have only come across one customer service employee out of Denver who knew with clarity the answers to my questions and who was not afraid of answering them showing no fear of suddenly being canceled out by those who oversee them.
Tesla certainly needs to improve and upgrade their telephone worker drones who interface with customers.
Best of luck and keep trying to get your answers as I can attest that there is at least one intelligent, knowledgeable, and well-trained customer service representative in the Tesla World.

OP
OP
MoonBuggy

MoonBuggy

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porshe Tesla Escalade
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I just had to drive two hours to a specific store and stand in line for two hours just to buy a single video card that was supposed to come out nine months ago. And about 10% of those in the line four hours before the store opened were turned away.

-Crissa
[/QUOTE]

Tried newegg shuffle? Itā€™s a daily lotto and if you get enough friends together to bid to buy the same item, it will increase your chances. Been trying for an Xbox for 2 months now...

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Tried newegg shuffle? Itā€™s a daily lotto and if you get enough friends together to bid to buy the same item, it will increase your chances. Been trying for an Xbox for 2 months now...
Technically I'm on their wait list, but they never email me.

I'm on the wait list of another system manufacturer but I have gotten an email every month this year 'I'm sorry, they're not available. Next month for sure. Also, we've raised the price by $100.'

-Crissa
Sponsored