Is factory pick-up a no-go for 2 more years?

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
I'm pretty sure Texas just collects it when you register.

-Crissa
Arkansas too. When you plate your vehicle upon purchase you pay their sales tax. Oklahoma has humongous registration and annual fees.
Sponsored

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Do you let your kids play outside where there's a chance of rattlesnakes? Children can also not give consent.

I consider hiking in the woods child endangerment.

:sneaky:
Didn't you train your kids to look both ways before crossing the street? Likewise, I taught my son to identify potential hazards in the bush and how to handle them and keep moving, and not let the small things worry him. Why just this past week on an outing we encountered gators just a few feet away and venomous snakes (juvenile water moccasins) and thought nothing of it, just other critters out and about on a nice day. No problem.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Ha! That wasn't proof that Rattlesnakes WON'T bite, it was just proof that the Rattlesnake DIDN't bite one scared shittless unlucky guy! Be my guest! My query was for the benefit of the many children accompanying Texas wildlife-naive individuals who may enter "the sanctuary". You know, sort of akin to putting little ones in car seats in Teslas as well. That's all. Anyone who wants to stomp around in the brush barefoot and blindfolded listening to Tesla podcasts with their earbuds are welcome to do so.
Rattlesnakes don't bite unless threatened. If you see a rattlesnake, walk away. They won't chase you. Don't step on them, don't pick them up, your chance of getting bit is near zero. It's more dangerous walking across the street.

Last edited:

Bluechip506

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Mazda CX9, Mazda Miata
Country flag
Texas Delivery- Currently you buy online from Tesla in CA and take delivery in TX. It's a little bit of a hassle with some extra paperwork but all new auto sales from dealers have some of that too. When you register the car you pay the sales tax and get your plates. It's a separate process with buying a Tesla that a normal dealership usually handles. I seriously doubt the Cybertruck or any Tesla produced in Austin will have any issues with delivery. You will still purchase from Tesla CA.

Rattlesnakes- Yes, there are rattlesnakes in TX and most southern states too. It's not like we don't go outside because of that. We camp, hike, swim and just plain exist outside without much of an issue. I play disc golf from time to time and retrieving discs that go off course into the wooded areas can be an adventure. Where I am (Houston area) copperheads are more of an issue. Just make plenty of noise to let them know you are around and most will scamper off before you get there. If not give them plenty of space.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I was thinking of all the families who may think they are coming for a Disney styled natureland without considering the potential danger that lurks in the Texas scrubland.
Even at Disney World they eventually needed to install signs everywhere near every body of water accessible to visitors to remind them that alligators are basically in every single body of water. One would think its common knowledge, but unfortunately some didn't realize Disney World is still in the middle of a swamp.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
One would think its common knowledge, but unfortunately some didn't realize Disney World is still in the middle of a swamp.
It's in the middle of Florida!

...but that's just repeating what you said ^-^

You know what camping trip my spouse wants to do first with the Cybertruck? Go to the Disneyworld camp ground like she did as a kid. Tho on second thought, she was like 'that's 42 hours on the freeway one-way...' and I said, 'but we'll have a robot to drive with us!'

I have never driven East of Austin in the South; I have driven from NYC to Chicago but never the gulf states.

-Crissa

Last edited:

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
It's in the middle of Florida!

...but that's just repeating what you said ^-^

You know what camping trip my spouse wants to do first with the Cybertruck? Go to the Disneyworld camp ground like she did as a kid. Tho on second thought, she was like 'that's 42 hours on the freeway on-way...' and I said, 'but we'll have a robot to drive with us!'

I have never driven East of Austin in the South; I have driven from NYC to Chicago but never the gulf states.

-Crissa
I stayed at the Wilderness Lodge Campground cabins like two weeks ago. The campground is the least camping you could possibly do within the definition of camping.

I've driven Maine to Florida 25+ times, most by myself straight shot. But never further west than NYC to Chicago. I want to do a loop of the whole country at some point in the next 10 years, northern route from nyc west, down the west coast, southern route east to Florida. Was thinking about doing it when I pick up the CT, but just realized I was planning on trading in my ridgeline. This would require driving it to Austin if I do pick up, unless they take trade ins in NYC and allow separate pickup in Texas.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I stayed at the Wilderness Lodge Campground cabins like two weeks ago. The campground is the least camping you could possibly do within the definition of camping.
Well, this weekend she's going back-country camping in Big Sur, where one has to entrench and hike to a spring (or carry water) and fire of any sort, even in a grill, is forbidden.

So she knows how to camp ^-^

-Crissa

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I know for a fact that I am safer :p in the woods than in some metropolitan areas.
yea, there are a lot of real snakes in the metro ares, like used car salesman and insurance salesman......oh, dont forget, for to door vacuum guys.....hehehehe

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
There are a few rattlesnakes in LA, they are hunted quickly. I only came across a dead one, a sighting was all the rage in a field we shortcut across to and from school.

Never would I get a thought, hey, let me sit beside this wild, venomous snake and frighten it with my presence.

Healthy respect, they do their thing, I do mine.

I see a wild Crissa sitting on her bike. Do I approach and say hi? You see, me showing up out of nowhere, scary.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm pretty sure Texas just collects it when you register.

-Crissa
I think they do also, but be sure they document it correctly or California will make you pay again and it will be your problem to get it figured out......ask me how I know

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Didn't you train your kids to look both ways before crossing the street? Likewise, I taught my son to identify potential hazards in the bush and how to handle them and keep moving, and not let the small things worry him. Why just this past week on an outing we encountered gators just a few feet away and venomous snakes (juvenile water moccasins) and thought nothing of it, just other critters out and about on a nice day. No problem.
young water moccasins are deadly.....havn't used their venom so it is very concentrated

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think they do also, but be sure they document it correctly or California will make you pay again and it will be your problem to get it figured out......ask me how I know
Yep!

Although right now the sale would be online and your California temp plate would be printed out and handed to you with the truck so it'd be dealt with.

young water moccasins are deadly.....havn't used their venom so it is very concentrated
Spouse has a story of being bitten. Apparently they know they're scary little snakes and so charge to defend their territory.

-Crissa
Sponsored