Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I see evidence of the wiper, but no wiper... :unsure:

1643294234588.png
Given the hardness and smoothness of the glass (it's like it has a fresh coat of rain-x all the time), the wiper is a removable option, just like the mirrors. I base this on a video I saw from some expert on the glass who said it didn't need wipers.
Sponsored

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
So not sure if you remember Elon saying on the call that the factory IS finished and that the 4680 batteries/ M.Y. ARE being produced there now.... the only thing he didn't mention was the CT press, so.....
To provide a little clarity to your statement. Giga Austin is ready for the initial production of the Model Y only. Meaning the Stamping Press, Body in White, at least 2, maybe 3 6k Giga Presses, Paint Shop, and a small General Assembly area are ready for production. The 4680's are being imported from the Kato facility as well as many other in-house parts from Freemont and Giga Nevada. It will take the entirety of 2022 to fully ramp.

Cybertruck is a whole other beast for production. Yes, we know that the 8k Giga Presses are not on site but the whole south end of the GA section is rumored to be for the CT and they are just now moving equipment into it. With all of this alien technology going into the CT it will be a very slow ramp up compared to the Model Y, hence why Tesla is going all-in on ramping Model Y in Austin and Berlin at the same time. There is a ridiculous amount of profit to be made to meet the insane demand that exists.

marc.m3

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model 3, 2023 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Man, I am a Tesla fanatic and currently own a M3 and have a very early CT reservation, with in the first seconds of him announcing the URL to reserve, but some of the people on this site go way over board on the fanaticism. Elon can take a dump on the floor and say there is your CT and they will still come up with excuses. People sure do have reason to be mad the product was promised a while ago which wasn't met and there isn't even a timeline for it now. They were even told that it isn't even a priority this whole year some robot is.

Last edited:

QuanTim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Man, I am a Tesla fanatic and currently own a M3 and have a very early CT reservation, with in the first seconds of him announcing the URL to reserve, but some of the people on this site go way over board on the fanaticism. Elon can take a dump on the floor and say there is your CT and they will still come up with excuses. People sure do have reason to be mad the product was promised a while ago which wasn't met and there isn't even a timeline for it now. They were even told that it isn't even a priority this whole year some robot is.
It's clear to me that whoever truly gets mad about product delays (and I mean those that will actually spit hate and fire) doesn't fully grasp how hard it is, nor the complexities that are going on, not only from a design and production point of view, but from supply chain and political (to an extent) point of view too.

Rivian, Lucid, GM, Ford, Mercedes, BMW, Hyundai, Kia, Tesla... you name it - have all struggle to bring out products on time, or ramp up to volume production in a reasonable amount of time. Hell, most have struggled with both.

Bringing out a product is hard. Ramping is hard. Trying to do both, with new factories and multiple product lines, with parts constraints - is HARD.

It's fkn tough out there man - I think everyone needs to exude a bit more patience with ALL companies.

Beyond

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A lot of anger here and also some reasoned voices. We all want our Cybertrucks but it's clear that Tesla is supply constrained and is straining to produce the vehicles that are in such high demand (Model Y, 3, S and X). It's amazing that they increased production YOY by 87% in 2021 in this chip constrained environment. Hardly anyone else (outside of China) is realistically producing EVs in any number. On a personal note I'm glad I ordered a Model Y in October (due in September of this year). Will drive it until the Cybertruck arrives and then most likely sell it. Tesla demand is off the charts and they're doing everything they can to ramp production. Working on bots, FSD, grid energy, solar etc. are in no way limiting vehicle production. If you want to support the company driving innovation and making the world a cleaner and safer place, that's Tesla. They can and actually do many things at once. I'm in for the ride.

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
This is exciting time! The CT looks great when it dirty as well. I enjoy every CT news there are. CT fans/future owners who criticize the delivery timeline should think before post your crab. If this waisted your time, then go order other trucks. I been waiting since the unveil (2019) and will wait as long as it take to have my CT. I will drive the CT until I die and will keep it in my family forever per my will.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Overall very upset about the earnings call. I had been waiting on this call for a a month since I found out about it and was counting down the days. And even tho I want to say I waisted an hour of my life listening to it i enjoy the roadmap and answers Elon had being a stock hodler. But Damnn Atleast something about the Cybertruck. Eta, estimated price for quad, quad specs, he talked about the truck 2 times and it was a quick response. If you say product roadmap I sure as hell wasn’t expecting “no new vehicles this year”. Ughh the wait continues but it will be well worth it boys. Hang in there.
The whole thing felt like the worst possible troll in a way.

Weird leaks, Cybertruck photos leaked leading up into the event. Even the phrase “Product Roadmap”. All of it felt like there was going to some kind of solidification of the launch.

And the product roadmap was “No products this year, maybe next year”.

He could have tweeted that weeks ago and it would have been quite a bit less frustrating.

I have to admit to helping this narrative along. I was an accessory to trolling.

Guilty.

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
Yo... Where's the ramp?
That's literally my favorite feature. I hate lifting things to get them into my truck.

I'd love to just roll a hand trucks, bicycle or snowblower right into the back, especially if the back lowers with the gas suspension.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The deflation everyone seemed to have heard in the execs' tone of voices would easily be explained by having to crumple up their roadmap and admit they couldn't commit to it.

When you're planning, you don't always know before you finish the plan where it'll lead. Sometimes, that Disney reservation is full, or the resort you want to go to turns out to be closed for renovations when you can take your vacation time. And you don't find out until you take all the pieces and put them on the table.

A friend of mine was just doing that, and the estimate they got earlier was $800 for the hotel total. And then, when they made the call, it jumped to $3200. He was totally dashed.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The deflation everyone seemed to have heard in the execs' tone of voices would easily be explained by having to crumple up their roadmap and admit they couldn't commit to it.
Totally agree. I don’t think this is what Musk **wants** to do. I think he would vastly prefer to build the damned Cybertruck. Him driving it, it showing up today in pictures obviously dirty…

In any case… it could be worse.

Tesla Cybertruck Joe Rogan takes Cybertruck for a Spin! [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS] 1643308113870

uff_da

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The whole thing felt like the worst possible troll in a way.

Weird leaks, Cybertruck photos leaked leading up into the event. Even the phrase “Product Roadmap”. All of it felt like there was going to some kind of solidification of the launch.

And the product roadmap was “No products this year, maybe next year”.

He could have tweeted that weeks ago and it would have been quite a bit less frustrating.

I have to admit to helping this narrative along. I was an accessory to trolling.

Guilty.
This 100%. I have zero complaint about CT timeline getting moved out. This just felt like the biggest tease and that's what sticks in my craw. Why make all the fuss about coming back to earnings call, bringing a CT prototype to Texas, tweeting that you are driving it and that its awesome.... then basically nothing to update on.

Status
Not open for further replies.