mattb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning - Future Cybertruck
Country flag
I just got the Foundation email, and it's back in my app. Don't have the xtra 20k though.
Sponsored

BlueStreak91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Former owner of three Bolts
Occupation
mech designer
Country flag
Foundation order confirmed, but I can't figure out an estimated delivery date.

Dink_waccc

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Fire
Country flag
Got the invite email for a Foundation Series but I just want the $79k priced AWD version. Do I just ignore the email or is there an option for the $79k version?

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Just received invitation and placed order. RN1127579xx. COLORADO - Denver / Littleton Delivery center
I'm 12793xxx in CO. Hmu when you get yours so I can check it out plz

ninja6r

First Name
Ninja6r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, nissan leaf
Occupation
pass
Country flag
Just got the email. Don't plan on paying $100k for this thing. Currently trying to find someone to buy it from me. I'm in WA state. Shows estimated delivery between Jan-March 2024

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
they have one on display at the littleton showroom,. i dont expect delivery before February
Yea that's not the same lol I saw that already.

You'll still get yours way before me

DavidL

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I really think they won't start scheduling deliveries until January 1. Maybe some of the earliest numbers will get delivery notifications around Christmas or NYE so they can pickup early January, but I think they're not actually delivering any yet. If the CT and Cyberbeast (somehow) qualify for the tax incentive, then they are probably holding off the 2 weeks until January 1 to start doing the tax rebate at point of sale.
That could be true, but I thought that TSLA would want to maximize their year end numbers. I mean they are a public company that exists for their shareholders. Why would they hold off on deliveries for the benefit of their customers? Every public company I have dealt with in the past has tried to ship everything they can to meet their quarter and year end numbers, and get the inventory off their balance sheet.

vertigo3pc

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
turo.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD FS, Model X, Model Y
Country flag
That could be true, but I thought that TSLA would want to maximize their year end numbers. I mean they are a public company that exists for their shareholders. Why would they hold off on deliveries for the benefit of their customers? Every public company I have dealt with in the past has tried to ship everything they can to meet their quarter and year end numbers, and get the inventory off their balance sheet.
You are correct in your thinking, but there are some caveats that, I think, make holding off until January 1 make sense. The first is that the cash burn is on-going with the Cybertruck, so introducing sales means shifting potential cost of goods sold against whatever their trax strategy was this year. The decision may have simply been to wait until Q1 2024.

Also, I will maintain my footing on this hill that I think Tesla will introduce some fancy footwork that retains the Founder's Series Cybertruck under the IRS max, and in line with what they require. Since the AWD CT base will technically qualify for the $7,500 incentive, I think Tesla is spending this time trying to find loopholes in the incentive that lets them claim it.

The purchase order we get when we ordered the Founders Series separates the two: $79k CT and $20k "Founder's Edition". So the tinfoil math is: $79k CT + $12k FSD (until Tesla OFFICIALLY acknowledges the 2019 reservation price, I don't think it comes to play as far as the IRS is concerned) + $5k Powershare (it's standard later, but if they call it software, since that's what it is, they can sneak it by; Energy Gateway costs $5,000) + $3k "Founder's Edition" software (premium connectivity is $99/yr, so 30+ years of premium connectivity, whatever else) = $99k AWD FS CT.

Powershare also comes with hardware, but it's not for your car. It's at the house on the breaker panel. So it doesn't count, so long as you don't pay for the Energy Gateway; you pay for Powershare. You just happen to get an Energy Gateway as a gift if you don't already have it (existing Tesla Solar owners have one).

January 1, the $7,500 rebate can be taken at the point of sale by the vendor; in this case, Tesla. Very much in their interest to spend these weeks trying to exploit any loophole they can find.

akdave8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck
Country flag
ordered one from Michigan. awd version , RN11275XXXX.. said best jan-march 2024 delivery on order page but nothing listed in email confirmation so lets see

dandor

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, and Cybertruck
Country flag
Also, I will maintain my footing on this hill that I think Tesla will introduce some fancy footwork that retains the Founder's Series Cybertruck under the IRS max, and in line with what they require. Since the AWD CT base will technically qualify for the $7,500 incentive, I think Tesla is spending this time trying to find loopholes in the incentive that lets them claim it.

January 1, the $7,500 rebate can be taken at the point of sale by the vendor; in this case, Tesla. Very much in their interest to spend these weeks trying to exploit any loophole they can find.
I hope you are right, but I doubt this will happen. The issue is they are including things like different tires and items on the truck. If they just did accessories, it would have qualified. Tesla could have given use the ability to get a tax credit, but they decided to just have additions to the truck to not qualify the vehicle.

DavidL

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
You are correct in your thinking, but there are some caveats that, I think, make holding off until January 1 make sense. The first is that the cash burn is on-going with the Cybertruck, so introducing sales means shifting potential cost of goods sold against whatever their trax strategy was this year. The decision may have simply been to wait until Q1 2024.

The purchase order we get when we ordered the Founders Series separates the two: $79k CT and $20k "Founder's Edition". So the tinfoil math is: $79k CT + $12k FSD (until Tesla OFFICIALLY acknowledges the 2019 reservation price, I don't think it comes to play as far as the IRS is concerned) + $5k Powershare (it's standard later, but if they call it software, since that's what it is, they can sneak it by; Energy Gateway costs $5,000) + $3k "Founder's Edition" software (premium connectivity is $99/yr, so 30+ years of premium connectivity, whatever else) = $99k AWD FS CT.

Powershare also comes with hardware, but it's not for your car. It's at the house on the breaker panel. So it doesn't count, so long as you don't pay for the Energy Gateway; you pay for Powershare. You just happen to get an Energy Gateway as a gift if you don't already have it (existing Tesla Solar owners have one).

Yes 100% with you on the rationale to be eligible for the $7.5k tax rebate, I had the same discussion with a buddy. I didn’t know about the change in IRS rules so definitely more at play here than just a P&L / Cash angle, but question, if Tesla apply the $7.5k at point of sale, do we get the customer get the rebate or does Tesla take it?
Sponsored