Keep me excited...

exdxgxe4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm on the list for a dual motor cybertruck and a Ford lighting. I just got an email saying starting Thursday I build and order a ford lighting.

Long story short... Convince me to NOT buy a Ford Lighting.... Here's what's currently swaying me... More predictable delivery date, and $20k less (I only want the pro model) with the tax incentives.

I am REALLY excited for the stainless body, possible fold down rear seats and camp mode. But I'm starting to lose my faith
Tesla Cybertruck Keep me excited... PXL_20220104_210649104
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
I say get the F150 and tells us about your experience and how you feel at each point in the process, all the way up to when the first CTs are delivered.

DO IT!

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
If you can get a Lightning for under $50k, I would say jump all over that. I would be leery of the price, including dealer markup, as well as the number of Pro models they will sell to non-Fleet customers. Good luck.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
That $7500 tax credit may no longer exist by the time the F150 of his choosing is available depending on how many Mustang Mach E's and F150L's in line sold before the OP. I think somewhere around 50k Mustang Mach E's have been sold and an announcement to produce triple the volume next year of it. If the F150L's doesn't start rolling off of the floor until late 2022 there may be very few if any tax incentives left for Ford to apply to the F150L.

Last edited:

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
If I wanted a boring, cookie cutter truck I'd buy the Ford.
And the CT will smoke it like a cheap cigar.

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Personally I wouldn't buy an EV from anybody but Tesla due to unknown battery reliability. For example, Nissan Leaf is a total POS due to battery degradation. The vehicle must be thrown away due to dead battery after 6 years. Imagine buying a car that only lasts 6 years! Ford has a nice design but their EVs are unproven.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I'm on the list for a dual motor cybertruck and a Ford lighting. I just got an email saying starting Thursday I build and order a ford lighting.

Long story short... Convince me to NOT buy a Ford Lighting.... Here's what's currently swaying me... More predictable delivery date, and $20k less (I only want the pro model) with the tax incentives.

I am REALLY excited for the stainless body, possible fold down rear seats and camp mode. But I'm starting to lose my faith
PXL_20220104_210649104.jpg
hey if you want to pay more for an inferior product go ahead.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
That $7500 tax credit may no longer exist by the time the F150 of his choosing is available depending on how many Mustang Mach E's and F150L's in line sold before the OP. I think somewhere around 50k Mustang Mach E's have been sold and an announcement to produce triple the volume next year of it. If the F150L's doesn't start rolling off of the floor until late 2022 there may be very few if any tax incentives left for Ford to apply to the F150L.
The tax credit is neither here nor there. Because the Ford dealer will make sure the "dealer markup" negates whatever tax credit is still available by the time your number comes up.