CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I think the wipers will become much more reliable and "super good" in the near future. Elon made a post about them today:
wipers.JPG
Totally agree! I was giving one of the posters aiming at us “fan boys” the benefit of the doubt
Sponsored

CyberJustice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
Welp, I'm hoping there is a six seater option now as my wife will give birth to another child. If not, then I'll have to stick with the Model X for a while.

Bigfoot DeLorean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
not sure if this has been discussed - with the single plane window/frunk, do “we” think there would be an issue knowing where the front ends (for avoiding clipping something)? Or will there presumable be front cameras to help with that? Tyty.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
not sure if this has been discussed - with the single plane window/frunk, do “we” think there would be an issue knowing where the front ends (for avoiding clipping something)? Or will there presumable be front cameras to help with that? Tyty.
conventional pickups all have a “nose” that slopes downward, out of driver’s view, too. Depending on whether you’re talking F150, Silverado, ETC., more or less that sloping nose begins right about where the CT windshield meets the hood. Meaning that, as with conventional pickups, knowing where your bumper is won’t be terribly different in a CT.

and just like with conventional pickups, front cameras are nearly obligatory on all but the lower trims - I’d expect CT to not skip them on any trims.

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
Since tesla is relying on robo taxi becoming a thing for pretty much EVERY tesla ... i can't imagine them making any production vehicle anymore WITHOUT a front cam.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
You can't see the bumper on any production car in the last forty years. Have you had trouble knowing where it was?

-Crissa

Bigfoot DeLorean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
You can't see the bumper on any production car in the last forty years. Have you had trouble knowing where it was?

-Crissa
Wow, your posts are usually pretty good - not sure where the semi-snark is coming from, nor why it was your go-to before actually trying to understand my question. Did you actually think I meant (or implied) that I could directly see my own front bumper while driving??? Cmon man…smh. Relax, drop the assumption I’m here to stir things up, and take 30 secs to understand the question. Or condescend again -ladies choice. All good.

On my range rover , the left and right sides of the hood are slightly raised, and that combined with the high and upright seat position gives the driver a better visual cue on where the nose of the vehicle actually is…much better than on our q7. Same concept as the poles on the ends of a snowplow. On the CT, the farthest point you’ll see is the bottom of the windshield.

unlike “most vehicles built over the past 40 years”, you wont be able to see any part of your hood on the CT, much less the front corners. This is the impetus of the question.
Even on my RR that has the best visibility of any car I’ve owned, it can still be difficult to judge where the nose is exactly - for example, backing into your garage far enough to where the door won’t come down on your vehicle.

I have never driven a vehicle with a single-plane front, and this thread made me think of that - your head always being below the plane of the hood/nose (thanks to the guys posting diagrams). So I asked the question - thought it to be innocent enough. Will it be annoying or worse? Just looking for some constructive opinions on why it wouldn’t matter - and thank you to the prior replies re cameras. It could certainly be an obvious solution that makes this little issue non-existent, particularly with audible sensors.

Cheers. M

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Welp, I'm hoping there is a six seater option now as my wife will give birth to another child. If not, then I'll have to stick with the Model X for a while.
I am in the same boat. I really need that 6 seater for this to be out tow vehicle for camping.

ScoobyDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/ F150
Country flag
Somehow just noticed these profiles on the doors and wonder what people think they are?
On a rolls Royce they release the custom color matching umbrella….. somehow I don’t think Rolls Royce and cyber truck will have too much in common. Hahaha
Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! IMG_0665
Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! IMG_0664