Droxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic to Cybertruck
Occupation
2nd infantry of Tesla's Quality Division
Country flag
Seeing as how the BAW was the only concept I saw on display at the Cyber Rodeo, I think we need to send Elon some wiper ideas. It's a shot in the dark that he'll see it, but all employees can email Elon directly. If anyone has a good video or a well thought out engineering blueprint for their wiper design, I can try emailing it to him. It would be completely pro-bono, but you'd be making a direct effect on the truck you are planning to buy. It's either that, or the BAW. Hopefully, they'll find this thread. Post a video of your 3D model.

Here is mine, ignore all the DIY in the background, that was my cheeky attempt at a design studio promotion, haha. It's not ready to be scrutinized yet, mostly just vault layouts. Mine is an Maglev squeegee that houses all the electronics under the gaps at both edges of the windshield.

Sponsored

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
I am for the dual wipers hidden in a recess between the frunk lid and windscreen.
I know this will change the pitch of the front slope but it is the most elegant for me. Well, until we get lasers....

Tesla Cybertruck Let's come up with an alternative Beautiful Awesome Wiper for Elon Opposed Dual WIper

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
I haven't minded the BAW when we first saw it. After CyberRodeo, more people seem to have accepted it; along with the overall look and size of the CT.

Nonetheless there's always room for improvement. One good realization of BAW is that it is actually comprised of 2 shorter off-the-shelf wipers to keep maintenance costs low.

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
Normal wipers would be twice as complicated as the current BAW design.

Current design might have better aerodynamics, cover the same total windshield area, and there is a big advantage: The BAW can push heavy snow down the windshield and off the hood without catching on anything, which will be awesome for parking the CT on winter nights...it could wipe the snow off once an hour, and it will slide right down and off.

Standard car wipers aren't strong enough to lift the snow up to clear the windshield. You have to dig the snow off the windshield, then prop up the wipers, de-ice them, laboriously dig out the wiper stow area nooks and crannies, then pop the wipers back down. Terrible system IMO.

I feel like the BAW design solves those problems.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I think any design that tucks the wiper under or in a recess at the bottom of the windshield would be not given any consideration at Tesla whatsoever as it would totally destroy the aesthetics and only further reduce the frunk lid dimensions. I absolutely thought the BAW design was awful looking but it has grown on me at this point. I like the idea of smart wiper system though that periodically clears the window of snow when detected even when the vehicle is off just to maintain it clean when ready to drive. I cannot imagine this would require much battery drain. Plus in the event the rubber blade has ice caked on it while driving, I can much easier reach out the window and bang on it easier in its current stowed location. LOL

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Like everything else on the Cybertruck it should be durable, inexpensive, reliable, and add the least amount of drag to the truck (for range).

Most alternative ideas I’ve heard are more complicated, more expensive, likely less reliable, and often add drag.

The current incarnation is fine. If I cared about “Pretty” I’d get a Rivian.

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
I am for the dual wipers hidden in a recess between the frunk lid and windscreen.
I know this will change the pitch of the front slope but it is the most elegant for me. Well, until we get lasers....

Opposed Dual WIper.jpg
This would not clear in front of the cameras, which will become more important than in front of the driver as FSD improves
Sponsored