Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck RWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I've said it before, I think the price will be at least 20% increase across the board...and prob more like 25%.

Single 55k
Dual 65k
Tri 85k
Quad 100k
You say 20% to 25% and then go on to start off with almost 40% on the single.

25% should be plenty (50k) if it still is a thing by then. And I would be stoked if it's 20% only.
Sponsored

Rick b

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Founders roadster, trimotor cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That comment really takes the wind out of my 'excitement' sails. We expect it to be a great truck...thats the price of entry in the future market! Its like saying 'I know it hurts banging your head against the wall, but it feels much better when you stop'. Weak answer for Tesla isnt going to do jack squat for us when out orders go live. Let's not forget the pickup cap for tax credit thats being pushed...most ctrucks will miss it now.

Nidavellir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pre-Order CyberTruck
Country flag
Most likely the CT3 and CT4 will not be eligible for the $7,500 POS rebate due to their prices.
This could be a big enough incentive to push a lot of people to the CT2. Saving the price difference between the CT3 and CT2 plus the $7,500 POS rebate gives you a lot of money to use for addons
IE: wraps, winches, etc.....

Last edited:

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I've said it before, I think the price will be at least 20% increase across the board...and prob more like 25%.

Single 55k
Dual 65k
Tri 85k
Quad 100k
I have been saying for a year now prices would be much higher.

Those guesses you have suggested, seem to be reasonable.

Price of Lightning Lariat is about $80,000+.
Price of a Rivian with the 300 mile range battery Adventure package is $85,000+

So a Tri-Motor (which we are not even sure Tesla will build anytime soon) could be $85,000.

I think the Single is a mirage, but the Dual could be a possible version by 2024? And a price of $65,000 would be a bargain.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Two things:

1) Don't forget about FSD option when thinking about what will qualify for the rebate (perhaps Tesla can get around this with an "after sale" add in?).

2)Their profit margin is(Bernie Sanders style) Huuuuuuge... on the more complicated 3 and Y. Possibly could be better on the CT. And they are making so much mula on the cars, they could easily take a cut in margin to keep the price lower and compete with Ford, etc. Then you make up on volume.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Of course we have choice. The choice is not to buy the Cybertruck. It's not the end of the world for anyone if they can't afford their desired vehicle. Go spend a month in South Sudan to get some perspective about life and quit whining.. And serious if you didn't have the funds for the price increase that was 100% coming why didn't you dump the original cost into TSLA shares when it was at or below $700 recently. Now you could sell at about a 40% gain. Easy and extremely predictable way to cover the price increase. This isn't rocket science.
You do realize that most people finance vehicles to "afford" it at a certain monthly price. Most people do not buy outright. Your suggestion implies everyone can buy outright.. hence has the 40, 60, 80k lying around in wait for a dip in the market to dump it all into 1 stock. Not a realistic opinion of how to cover price increases.

But I agree in that when the price dips, dump what you can into the stock. For most, that is shockingly lower than the full cost of the vehicle suggested price at reveal.

`AquaWatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 RAM 1500,Tesla Model Y , !971SS Camaro,
Country flag
I am proposing to not make up things which have not been said.

Every time someone floats the idea that a price increase is inevitable, announced, or acceptable, it moves the Overton window.

Just... don't do it.

-Crissa
The CEO of Tesla said the prices will be higher. ( He said different. But he implied higher)
yet you ignore that and state " No price increases"

To think a vehicle with huge demand that comes to market 4 years after announced and after at least 2 years of close to double digit inflation seems to me wishful thinking

Last edited:

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I expected the “pricing update” so no surprise there especially when I drove by this the other day in my smallish town in Bellingham Washington.

what I am most concerned about are the “spec updates” if this means materially less than 500 mile range it would be a massive letdown.
Tesla Cybertruck Musk: "Cybertruck pricing and specs will be different, but it will be a damn fine product." E1663631-FFC1-4F91-9573-6ED4C4CC7500

evazquezcu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Silverado LT
Country flag
It was obvious to me that the 2019 pricing was out the window, long ago.
I'd pay 65 for the dual motor after 7500 rebate, which I think is realistic.
What 7500k rebate?? If you are counting on that you are about to be very disappointed lmao

Paul Marvin

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3 MY. Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Dr
Country flag

Single 55k
Dual 65k
Tri 85k
Quad 100k
I’m thinking the big boy quad will be just under 80k to qualify for the fed tax credit. That’s still Over 10k higher than announced in 2019
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.