HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Sad that will leave so many out of the pot including myself and 30 others I know. That could me a lot more. it was our retirement gift, that we could afford at $46k tops. with 15% down. Without hurting our retirement balance. Ok ladies and gentlemen lest say goodbye to our "could" be Sunday slow single motor Sunday drives, say goodbye to towing our Elderly RV, say goodbye to the last dream of us old boys and girls.

I pray that Elon Comes with Elderly Pricing and if this Democrats government where so much for the people, they do become less of a cytopathy and grow compassion to gives 65 and over like us an Electric car incentive for those years of service Domestic and as Veterans too.
Why are you retiring, you should keep your nose to the grindstone like Elon and bring us a dream truck at a dream price. Show us how to do that better than Elon rather than acting all butt hurt that you think it's going to be too expensive (when the final pricing hasn't even been released yet).

Considering this is your first post ever, I don't think too many people are going to take your sob story too seriously. I have to laugh at what some try to pass off as the truth here sometimes.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have seen pictures of people holding the Monroney stickers. So sure, real people bought them.

But you or I can't get them.

I like that, too. But he and all the engineers at Tesla still have to pull it off. And I hope they do, too. I expect they will. No advertisement needed.

-Crissa
OK, so Ford did a photo-op while losing tens of thousands of dollars on all five of them. Other buyers have to cover the difference or Ford will go bankrupt. They have already admitted they lose money on every EV they sell so we know it's just a stunt to create a false narrative.

If it's "unobtanium", does it really exist?

When I bought my 2010 F-150 in December 2009, they were advertised as "starting at" $17,995. But you couldn't find one anywhere at that price and if you went into a Ford dealership and tried to order one, they were unresponsive. They literally did not want to write up an order and take a deposit. I even tried to order a $30K 4x4 F-150 at three different dealerships but I couldn't get any of them to take my order. After 9 months of looking, I finally found one that met my minimum specs for $37,000 MSRP or so and was able to buy it for $34K and change. It's a game no one wants to play.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah, I keep getting told the Lightning is more affordable while these people I watch spend twice as much as they planned on their truck. "But it's not expensive! It starts at $40k!"

uh-huh. Is that why you paid $80k for your truck?

-Crissa

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you're out of your 20's and still needing to finance your next vehicle you're spending more than you should if you ever want to get ahead in life. But yes many undisciplined people feel making it in life is financing the pickup of their dreams. Some of us have bigger goals in life and sacrificed to get there.
yea, it's called differed gratification.......most millennials dont understand that concept......they want everything now.......houses, cars travel.....things that it took their parents a lifetime to obtain......nothing like being entitled......just wait to see what happens in the next 20 years......we will probably all be eating with something other than a fork and spoon

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This forum is feeling more and more like an advertisement every day.
You would probably be much happier buying a truck that requires multi-million dollar Superbowl ads to get you to buy it. And of course unlike Superbowl ads, you don't have to pay a penny for the organic enthusiasm you see displayed here.

I think you need to look up the definition of "advertisement". Some people love to fund expensive ads because they can't think for themselves.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yea, it's called differed gratification.......most millennials dont understand that concept......they want everything now.......houses, cars travel.....things that it took their parents a lifetime to obtain......nothing like being entitled......just wait to see what happens in the next 20 years......we will probably all be eating with something other than a fork and spoon
I think you're talking about a spork. And it's already happening! ;)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Bullshit.

Millennials are making less money and spending more money on the same basic things and getting less.

I am flat tired of the lying about this.
https://www.pewresearch.org/social-trends/2011/11/07/chapter-1-wealth-gaps-by-age/

-Crissa

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think Tesla needs to expect their margins to come down as the competition improves and copies stuff that Tesla is doing. I would bet that the CT was figured at 20% or less. Again already baked in.
Tesla sells every new vehicle with negative margins until they ramp that vehicle to high enough margins to be sustainable. In otherwords, Cybertruck will have very low margins for at least the first year or so. It's only the success of each vehicle, the sales volume that results in, and Tesla's ability to continually improve manufacturing processes, that eventually results in profits for Tesla. They will be quick to lower pricing too, if they see demand cannot sustain the current pricing.

The reason most Tesla models right now are priced so high is because pre-orders with locked in prices extend out to 6 months or a year or more in some cases and so Tesla has to set pricing that will still be viable if the required parts and materials they buy from others continue to inflate rapidly. The Cybertruck pricing will have to consider this too because it's not a good idea for Tesla to fill the reservations in chronological order while constantly making those whose turn comes later, pay higher prices.

Heck, Tesla customers even become outraged when Tesla lowers pricing after they make a purchase. They claim it was unfair that later buyers paid less than they did! Tesla really does have a demand problem because they don't know how much it's going to cost them to make them a year out when inflation has been growing as fast as it has. They have to guess when they let you lock in a price a year in advance.

Morning Star

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2077 Tesla Cybertruck
I think you need to look up the definition of "advertisement". Some people love to fund expensive ads because they can't think for themselves.
While the dictionary's open, look up what a "shill" is, and then "astroturfing." Why pay for commercials when you can pay trolls to hype your junk on the internet?

you still wont convince me........
You should probably learn how to change your mind when presented with facts that contradict your viewpoint. It's one of humanity's greatest survival tools.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
While the dictionary's open, look up what a "shill" is, and then "astroturfing." Why pay for commercials when you can pay trolls to hype your junk on the internet?

You should probably learn how to change your mind when presented with facts that contradict your viewpoint. It's one of humanity's greatest survival tools.
believe me I do and I have......I have survived more than you can imagine in my 73 yrs

OP
OP
Alpine

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Rule is if you want to give something life, talk about it, if you want something killed off and forgotten, stop talking about it.

In a forum like this where all you're expected to do is talk about the forum subject, whether its positive or negative, it gives more and more life to the subject. The natural progression is it can turn some casual fans overly enthusiastic almost fanatical.

I see it on team forums, car forums, you name it. Corvette guys, ferrari guys, porsche forums, all think they have found the holy grail.

Even in the QnA, you could see some of the audience in utter awe of elon, overwhelmed with his presence.

Its easy to lose perspective in single subject forums. This forum is conditioning me to pay way more for the CT than i would otherwise. My enthusiasm has kicked up a notch too 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.