Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Nah

There might be 10 million ford f150's driving around the US right now.

Ask me if I'm sick of the CT in 10 years, 1 million is nothing. But maybe in 10 years, I will get used to the 1000 different wrap options around the place.

I'm thinking of camo wrap already.

But then again, I want to be very visible when in Texas to deliberately invite rolling coals and then showing them what a 0 to 60 in 2.9 seconds can do and exacerbate their issues of inadequate manhood.

May even have to borrow California license plate, get a liberal sticker and a rainbow sticker (although I'm not) for more provocations.
Sponsored

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
  1. Utility - Ability to Haul and Tow - I need a truck for home-improvement and other projects. I don't currently have a truck and it makes it so I can't do so many things I want to do without getting assistance from friends with trucks or renting a vehicle, often leading to me putting off those projects.
  2. Ride Height - I have always owned cars, but have regularly rented SUVs while traveling, and one thing I really want in my next vehicle is a higher ride height. The adaptive air suspension is a bonus.
  3. Durability - I generally love my 2018 Model 3. Except for the paint. The paint is soft and can get damage easily. It mostly looks fine, but is my least favorite thing about the car. I try to park away from other vehicles to prevent door dings and minor damage. I really look forward to not caring about the paint on my car, having a vehicle that is more resistant to minor damage, and the car's aesthetic being one that lends itself to embracing visual flaws instead of being irritated by a minor scratch in the paint.
  4. Electric - I never want to purchase a non-electric car again. I love the driving dynamics, torque, one peddle driving, and home charging advantages offered by EVs.
  5. Size - I like that it has comfortable seating for 5 to 6. The design is a perfect marriage between a truck and an SUV imo.

Extra. Tonneu Cover - I really like the Tonneau cover design.

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
1. Load height. Its enough of a factor that I considered tearing the frontier down to the frame and completely rebuilding it into something much more capable because of its size and load height.
2. No paint Every truck I have owned for the last 30 years has gotten "New Mexico pinstripes" from the thorn bushes and such.
3. Dent resistant Almost every truck I have had has had multiple dents from being used like a truck.
4. Electric I was already looking to electric to avoid troubles with gas prices in the foreseeable future.
5. Luxury We are finally financially capable of getting our first luxury vehicle.
6. Adjustable ride height It should be easy to get in and out of as I get older.

Concerns
1. under bed storage lid durability I have seen panels buckle under heavy use.
2. Long range towing (minor keeping F-150 for that)
3. Size The Frontier is so capable largely because it is small enough to fit into tight spaces.

NJturtlePower

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3 Stealth Performance
Country flag
  1. Performance EV by Tesla 🔋
  2. Unique Non-typical Truck Design
  3. Cargo Utility (Vault) and Passenger Capacity
  4. Durable Bad-Ass Stainless Body
  5. Air-Ride Suspention for On/OFF Road Adventures

NJturtlePower

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3 Stealth Performance
Country flag

Cherokee180C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Cybertruck
Country flag
1. Towing rating 14,000 lbs
2. Range 180 to 200 towing (needs to be confirmed)
3. Best in Class Charging Speed (needs to be confirmed)
4. Electric so no emissions / Def fluid system
5. Auto pilot / FSD
Bonus Reason: Overall financial analysis. Minimal Tesla Depreciation compared to traditional trucks.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
in order
40k$
Teslas charging network
vault
towing capacity
hugely adjustable air suspension, ez to load motorycles

that fact thats its an Ev is obviously #1 though

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
1) Electric
2) 3mm Stainless Steel / No Paint
3) Can replace my Subaru Outback in all categories (comfort, adult seating, cargo capacity, towing, AWD/4WD, etc)
4) Solar Vault cover might just cover my weekly driving (less than 60 miles excluding trips)
5) Supercharger Network!

futureproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
1) an all EV I can actually fit comfortably in (I'm 6'7")
2) stainless steel / no paint (I'm lazy and unlikely to take care of the outside / I dont have a garage)
3) FSD (having no spouse/kids, I need a way to get around when I'm old/blind/having a heart attack)
4) I expect it will outlive me / last vehicle I'll ever need to buy + low cost of ownership
5) solar panels! (here's hoping!)

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
1. Really cool tech
2. Really cool tech
3. Really cool tech
4. Really cool tech
5. Really cool tech
Because I want a Tesla, but am in no rush. Why do I want a Tesla? Apart from the obvious, that everybody knows about, there are two other reasons:

1. No stealership pressures and hassles -- which can be so annoying that if I had to buy from a dealer, I'd hire a professional to negotiate for me.

2. To not pay for the promotion (by both the maker and the dealer) that brought me in. To explain: Companies like GM and Toyota spend BILLIONS per year on ads. Who pays for these ads? The people that the ads bring in! Divide the amount spent by dealers and makers by the number of vehicles sold, and that's how much buyers are paying -- from a few hundred to a few thousand bucks to buy their car. Tesla doesn't spend exactly zero on promotion, but only a negligible amount, probably totaling pocket-change per vehicle sold.

DrShah

First Name
Samir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
1. Hopefully the 500 mile range which means real world 400 miles (without towing, I’ll never be using that feature). Fast acceleration is a bonus but not needed.
2. More space interiorly( was hoping to seat 6 but will be ok with 5).
3. Way way way more storage space than my Model Y.
4. Better tech, hoping for V2H and faster DC charging/V4 super charging to make road-trips faster.
5. Extreme durability.

anything else is a pure bonus like powered frunk/tailgate.

I’m mainly using it as a daily driver to commute to work.

I definitely want the huge truck bed to haul my larger scale RC planes because my Model Y is way too small!

Last edited:

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
1 - Substance (Advanced Tech, Performance, and Materials Durability)
2 - Safety (Tesla's Crash Test Results provide Peace of Mind)
3 - Value (Much Lower Cost of Ownership over Time)
4 - Zero Emissions (Which If Widely Adopted will reduce incidence of Cancers and Rampant Brain Disorders)

5 - Direct Sales Model (Knowing that Stealerships aren't parasitically leeching Revenue and Stifling Innovation)

- ÆCIII
Sponsored

Last edited: