William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Pianist
Country flag
Each person is different. I use our frunks all the time. I keep all of my Tesla-specific stuff and my first aid kit in the Model Y frunk. Yesterday I put both of my kiteboarding kites in the Model 3 frunk. I would use them more if they closed automatically like the Model Y tailgate. I love the idea that I can open the CT frunk and I can sit on the opening to put my wetsuit on or take it off.
Install a third-party notarizing kit works like a dream.
Sponsored

evazquezcu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Silverado LT
Country flag
They did it on the Ford and Chevy because they have box fronts. If you want any aerodynamic design you can't have a square box on the front
Thank You

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
They did it on the Ford Lighting and Chevrolet Silverado EV. Ton of space all around in those.
This is a Tesla fail and they will be raked over the coals for a long time.

The CT essentially has SS going for it and TBD larger windshield view. NACS used to be on the list.
Wow! Yeah, no. I have to disagree on many levels on this statement.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
The Hummer EV chose to increase range by putting in a huge battery, aerodynamics and price be damned, and look how popular of a truck it is! But, yeah, it has a huge frunk, so what?
Actually, that huge frunk is full of the roof panels so is essentially unusable space.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I will look into those. However, the key would be that I can give my phone a voice command to open the frunk.
You con give your phone any voice command you want. Doesn't mean it will do what you tell it to though.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Dunno, Would you prefer hardware volume in cabin be moved to frunk?
If we already have the entire 6' truck bed and air conditioned crew cab, why sacrifice either of those to have frunk space?
Nevermind the F150 crash tests. Start 0:56 ...
Take out the tall motor and ?
Im just think I want mass and hardware between me and whatever is slamming into me and family. Dunno? Maybe hollow frunk airspace better crash protection? Thoughts? Poll?
I don't follow. My post right above yours now shows when myths around the CT frunk vs cabin size.

I think you are forgetting about all the under the skin designs:
"Crumple zones, also known as deformation zones or crush zones, are structural areas in a vehicle designed to deform and absorb energy during a collision. They play a crucial role in reducing the impact forces transferred to the occupants of the vehicle, thereby enhancing passenger safety. "

CyberC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model X LR+, 2021 Model Y P
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
I had (and sold) a Lightning, and the one thing that surprised me about ownership was the usefulness of the frunk. Prior to that (and since), I've been in Teslas since 2015 and never used the frunk for anything besides emergency equipment. In the Lightning, I used it everyday for everything that didn't fit in the bed. It was fantastic.

I had hoped that the CT frunk would be equally useful, but it doesn't look like that's the case.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

CactusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, and Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
Too much focus on the frunk IMHO. My wife and I both own a Tesla. A M3P and a MY.

I have only used the frunk in the last 5 years maybe only a couple of times..just to store a car cover, tire plugs and an air pump. My wife has never opened her frunk..

I’m around 11k in line and will have better videos for you all ;)

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Too much focus on the frunk IMHO. My wife and I both own a Tesla. A M3P and a MY.

I have only used the frunk in the last 5 years maybe only a couple of times..just to store a car cover, tire plugs and an air pump. My wife has never opened her frunk..

I’m around 11k in line and will have better videos for you all ;)
I understand your point of view from a Y or 3 owner. My wife and I have never used her y frunk. Our Lightning frunk is used first over all other options. On a truck and they way Ford nailed the design and functionality it is wonderful. Better then storing in back seat or bed for most of what we do. It has to be experienced to understand it.

By the way I look forward to your early delivery and any post your share for us waiting in the wings

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Isn't that like saying that ICE cars have plenty of space for a big frunk, but they are using that space for other things like and engine, starter battery, and air intake/filtrations and fuel injection system?

I never understood the people who were hoping for a huge frunk when it was obvious due to the shape of the hood that the frunk could not be huge.

This is just good design to make the vehicle aerodynamic and increase its actual range while keeping the price affordable. The Hummer EV chose to increase range by putting in a huge battery, aerodynamics and price be damned, and look how popular of a truck it is! But, yeah, it has a huge frunk, so what?
No, because the stuff in the cybertruck is optional. They could produce an electric truck like the F150 and not have an air suspension, HEPA filter, 4WS, retractable bed cover, quad motor, etc. These components have to be located somewhere. Take them out/move them and there would be more space in the Frunk.

There is some frunk space compromise due to the shape of the car, for sure. And also due to the design decisions to maximize bed length while reducing overall length. But there's still a lot of space between the driver and the frunk. They just decided it was the best place to stick stuff.
Sponsored