Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Subaru Outback
Occupation
lawyer
Country flag
This is really too bad for me.

Without the midgate I seriously have to think twice about the CT. Not saying I wouldn't buy it. Most of the CT people are going to go to Home Depot once or twice a year in a busy year, so it seems like you should make the bed easily available for use for people who want to camp. But okay.

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
With no mid-gate, fingers crossed the rear glass rolls down.
I'm betting it does, however the rear window's height doesn't seem large enough to slide an average adult through. 🤷‍♂️

I am/was a huge supporter of the mid-gate/passthrough, as well.

ev4me

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (single motor)
Occupation
Construction Estimator
Country flag
I'm betting it does, however the rear window's height doesn't seem large enough to slide an average adult through. 🤷‍♂️

[/QUOTE

Small glass works for me. Once upon a time "camp mode" was part of the offering, so I'm assuming that means there is adequate cooling in the vault. I was hoping to let my Great Dane sit back there with the window down for additional cooling and access to treats/attention. A smaller widow could limit his ability to crawl through as well.

Not a deal breaker for me. Just a small part of the vision.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I think this is the singular datapoint substantiating any “camp mode” in the CT vault - and it was a question of whether the tent setup shown at the reveal would be an accessory. No explicit reference to HVAC in the vault?

I think HVAC in vault has been a fan wish-list item that took n a life of its own, along with midgate inferences, etc.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Well, a midgate was never promised as a feature in the reveal, or subsequently. I believe Elon only said they would look at it when asked.

To me, a midgate has the following negatives:
1) makes the rolling tonneau cover more complex or impossible
2) introduces a future leak point
3) makes the structure less rigid.

I bet with the roof attachment points, some aftermarket vendor will make a rack/holder that secures long items for those infrequent hardware store trips where one buys an item that is too big for a pickup truck (long lengths of lumber, etc.).

Camping in a CT is not one of my use cases.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
With the window down and "Extended Camp Mode" activated, you could still easily camp in the CT. You wouldn't be able to craw from the interior to the vault but that was always going to be one hell of a horrible crawl. At least if the rear window goes down, you'll have your HVAC for your tent/camper top already.

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra
Country flag
Well, a midgate was never promised as a feature in the reveal, or subsequently. I believe Elon only said they would look at it when asked.

To me, a midgate has the following negatives:
1) makes the rolling tonneau cover more complex or impossible
2) introduces a future leak point
3) makes the structure less rigid.

I bet with the roof attachment points, some aftermarket vendor will make a rack/holder that secures long items for those infrequent hardware store trips where one buys an item that is too big for a pickup truck (long lengths of lumber, etc.).

Camping in a CT is not one of my use cases.
#2 is why midgate is a hard no for me. We had lots of neighbors and family with Chevy Avalanche that had major leaks with the midgate, huge headache. Keep that sealed up please

fhteagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, CT Res x2
Country flag
Just because the avalanche leaked doesn't mean all midgates must leak.

I definitely would prefer if the CT had a midgate. So much more flexibility not having that hard partition there. Not a deal breaker, but definitely a utility reducer not having it.

Setok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Defender
Country flag
I think this is the singular datapoint substantiating any “camp mode” in the CT vault - and it was a question of whether the tent setup shown at the reveal would be an accessory. No explicit reference to HVAC in the vault?

I think HVAC in vault has been a fan wish-list item that took n a life of its own, along with midgate inferences, etc.

Elon did actually mention HVAC in the vault in some Tweet but I can’t be bothered digging it up right now so you just need to trust the memory of someone you don’t know on the Internet.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Elon did actually mention HVAC in the vault in some Tweet but I can’t be bothered digging it up right now so you just need to trust the memory of someone you don’t know on the Internet.
honestly, when you put it like that, I’m all in

Tesla Cybertruck No Midgate? C3C70784-A54A-48AB-8C27-CDC90D6061AB

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag

Who 'ya callin' ' average'(?)
Sponsored