Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
Huge Tesla nerd here, but messed up and somehow my reservation was not processed by Tesla on the unveiling night. I didn't figure that out for months, so my reservation slot is 432000!

If anyone has a slot in the first, say, 50,000 for a Tri-Motor version, I would love to talk with you about working something out. I live in Atlanta, but I'd go anywhere to pick it up. Considering the reservation slot cannot be transferred (as far as I can tell that is), this would mean someone would have to complete the purchase AND then sell the vehicle to me. Yes, that is painful, and yes, I'm willing to pay for that pain.... and for my screwup on making my reservation successfully.

While not likely, if someone wanted my 432,000 vehicle spot in return, then naturally, that is fine.

Please DM preferably.
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Huge Tesla nerd here, but messed up and somehow my reservation was not processed by Tesla on the unveiling night. I didn't figure that out for months, so my reservation slot is 432000!

If anyone has a slot in the first, say, 50,000 for a Tri-Motor version, I would love to talk with you about working something out. I live in Atlanta, but I'd go anywhere to pick it up. Considering the reservation slot cannot be transferred (as far as I can tell that is), this would mean someone would have to complete the purchase AND then sell the vehicle to me. Yes, that is painful, and yes, I'm willing to pay for that pain.... and for my screwup on making my reservation successfully.

While not likely, if someone wanted my 432,000 vehicle spot in return, then naturally, that is fine.

Please DM preferably.
There is always another way...

Assuming there is a person willing to give up a position, (maybe they just got wowed by the fake Hummer reveal), one could potentially do this:

1. Find someone willing to part with their position.
  2. Instead of reselling the CT, have them change the contact info on their Tesla account. They probably won’t do this if they have more than one order in the same account.
  3. They then “give” you the credentials to their account.
  4. You then change the credentials on the account to something private for yourself.
  5. When Tesla contacts “them” to finalize the deal, it’s you being contacted so you finalize with your info and delivery location.

Now this assumes that Tesla is not reading this and doing checks for name changes etc. But people have valid name changes for a variety of reasons so I doubt they are checking for this.

If that is too risky, there is another way.

1. You make a new LLC (or if you already have one use that).
  2. The person taking possession of the vehicle takes possession as a business and uses the details of your LLC.
  3. At this point your business owns the vehicle so you can sell the LLC to anyone you want and the vehicle is automagically transferred also.
But hey, I’m not a lawyer and non of the above is legal or financial advice.

If you go through with this, I am not responsible for anything good or bad that comes from it. Including acts of god, karmic recompense, or jealous mobs.

OP
OP

TimetoEscape

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
There is always another way...

Assuming there is a person willing to give up a position, (maybe they just got wowed by the fake Hummer reveal), one could potentially do this:

1. Find someone willing to part with their position.
  2. Instead of reselling the CT, have them change the contact info on their Tesla account. They probably won’t do this if they have more than one order in the same account.
  3. They then “give” you the credentials to their account.
  4. You then change the credentials on the account to something private for yourself.
  5. When Tesla contacts “them” to finalize the deal, it’s you being contacted so you finalize with your info and delivery location.

Now this assumes that Tesla is not reading this and doing checks for name changes etc. But people have valid name changes for a variety of reasons so I doubt they are checking for this.

If that is too risky, there is another way.

1. You make a new LLC (or if you already have one use that).
  2. The person taking possession of the vehicle takes possession as a business and uses the details of your LLC.
  3. At this point your business owns the vehicle so you can sell the LLC to anyone you want and the vehicle is automagically transferred also.
But hey, I’m not a lawyer and non of the above is legal or financial advice.

If you go through with this, I am not responsible for anything good or bad that comes from it. Including acts of god, karmic recompense, or jealous mobs.
AMAZING reply, FutureBoy! Thank you so much, that is really a much better way... potentially. I'll clearly have to do further research!

Bankercobb

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, M3P, MY, MS Plaid, i7, CT day 1 FS ordered
Occupation
Marine
Country flag

Please DM preferably.
How do we know what spot we are? I. 112776118. I bought the night for reveal.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
im sittin at about #52000,
and yet im getting the base model so my position is actually about 2500 for the base
but of course thats after all those hundreds of thousands of tri and duel motors, so more like 600,000 :{

How do we know what spot we are? I. 112776118. I bought the night for reveal.
https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...er-number-how-to-tell-your-place-in-line.251/

Your order numbers is just a sequential number, starting at about 112744100 (the number that reservations began). So subtract that from your number for your (approximate) place in line. Keeping in mind the rollout will be regional, so your position in line is only good for your rollout region.

its not exact but expected to be pretty close. your at about 32000

Bankercobb

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Marine
Country flag
im sittin at about #52000,
and yet im getting the base model so my position is actually about 2500 for the base
but of course thats after all those hundreds of thousands of tri and duel motors, so more like 600,000 :{

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...er-number-how-to-tell-your-place-in-line.251/

Your order numbers is just a sequential number, starting at about 112744100 (the number that reservations began). So subtract that from your number for your (approximate) place in line. Keeping in mind the rollout will be regional, so your position in line is only good for your rollout region.

its not exact but expected to be pretty close. your at about 32000
Thats cool. Website suggests March 2022 delivery. And 9000ish spot because I'm tri motor. Fingers crossed. This post has me tempted. How much do you think my spot is worth ? ?

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i think when the model 3 or y 1st came out people were selling them on ebay for like 5-10% more than purchase price, but this was probably the 1st 500-1000 cars.

i wonder what your spot is worth too, probably not much honestly maybe 300$ is my guess

Bankercobb

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Marine
Country flag
i think when the model 3 or y 1st came out people were selling them on ebay for like 5-10% more than purchase price, but this was probably the 1st 500-1000 cars.

i wonder what your spot is worth too, probably not much honestly maybe 300$ is my guess
People were selling the Corvette C8 for $50k mark up. And still a 10k to 20k markup. I would say this is a more anticipated vehicle and will take years before inventory can meet demand.

Also only about 90k model Ys were pre-ordered.

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Newton or anyone else with a low number single who wants to help out poor ☹ TimetoEscape. This might ? work for you (single dudes). Change your order to a tri (and add the FSD if Time guy wants it), then you will have a low position (first to be built) tri cybertruck. Now comes the best :sneaky: part for single guy. You agree on the swap plus $10,000 so single guy can have a free upgrade to a dually (y) after down sizing Time guys tri! P.S. If anyone is interested I have a very nice parcel of land just west of Miami for sale, you just have to drain the swamp and relocate the ?? alligators.

Last edited:

Bankercobb

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Marine
Country flag
I hope to have that kind of money one day lol

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
if i wasnt financing for the base CT, I would get the tri and try to sell it. But I dont have the means to put up 80k$ with no guarantee of getting more back asap.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag

Please DM preferably.
I'm 112890192.... wherever that puts me for a Trimotor.