cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
i am curious about it, but the "extender" bit seems like something i could buy anytime.. like after getting my tax discount :p
If you donā€™t need a truck bed

it will leave less than 3ā€™ of bed space, and take only $16K for the trouble

MHBaker

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
470+ is pretty close, and I'm actually glad it doesn't require the crazy top end CYBERBEAST. I see no reason to pay a lot more for 130mph or 2.6 0-60 in a massive pickup truck, 112 and 3.9 is more than wild enough. I remember the days when under 4 seconds was FAST, and today 112 is still plenty illegal.
The beast is only showing a range of 320

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
The adjustable suspension and the powered tonneau cover you can stand on both have too much functionality for me to give up. The adjustable suspension height adds a considerable amount of range by allowing the truck to hunker down on the highway. It also makes loading/unloading of heavy items much easier.

Reactions: Jow

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
After 4 years waiting, I'm very disappointed with the price. Living in Canada, we need to add 35% exchange rate + 15% taxe. The Dual will cost me over $120K! Way too much.
Damn, you guys get screwed. Sorry to hear that.

batufrommongolia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw m235i
Country flag
I mean, if the tax credit stays at $7,500 for <80k vehicles, it's changing to a point of sale credit. so the 79,990 cybertruck would come down to 72 and some change. I'd take that for 3k more over a GLE
I'm not qualified for the tax credit in California. so I cannot get any credit, even it's < $80K.

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
Also what happened to the Ramp/Squat? The sail pillar storage? No faster charging than Model S/X like Elon said..... No built in air compressor for use and a spare that has to be stored in the bed. You want more range, $16k and a dealer required install to take up 2ft by 4 ft of your bed.

1701384671756.png

1701384771922.png

The prices going up is one thing, but we have to remember we were also promised a lot more functionality originally as well.

To end on a positive note I am happy they have the powershare function/ homeback up and the steer by wire will make it easier to drive.
Tesla Cybertruck OFFICIAL 2024 Cybertruck Pricing, Specs, Mileage/Range, Dimensions, Weight, Info 1701386006498
Tesla Cybertruck OFFICIAL 2024 Cybertruck Pricing, Specs, Mileage/Range, Dimensions, Weight, Info 1701386076306

If you squint it's the same thing

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck OFFICIAL 2024 Cybertruck Pricing, Specs, Mileage/Range, Dimensions, Weight, Info X5p2B1V

Text from image above for searching:
Learning more about Cybertruck drivetrain after some discussions with their drivetrain team ~800v with 3 motors in the top spec. On the trip-motor variant, the rear dual-motor unit is mechanically unlinked like most systems but itā€™s an induction system! Which makes sense why itā€™s so large Sounds like the front motor will be the efficient primary drive while cruising and the rear is there for hard power with minimal losses without the need for a clutch disconnect Also a mechanical locker on the front axle confirmed for at least the top spec

canyoncarver

First Name
Nunya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Sobering day for those who continued to cling to the idea that anything close to 2019 prices or capabilities were going to meet with reality after the massive inflation and huge development cost of this truck.

$80K is a hell of a lot of money but then again a buddy of mine just paid $68K for a gas F150 and he's putting $60 of gas in that thing WEEKLY.

I can afford the CT but I am going to have to consider just hanging onto my Model Y and buying a 2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD for a pickup truck since it will cost about 60% of what a CT is going to cost.

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, FS Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
All of you guys saying that we are crazy for not expecting a price hike. You guys are ridiculous. I could understand a 10% or even a 20% markup, and I would have been okay with that. But 40%! Forget it, only the very rich would be okay with that.

It has been 4 years not a freaking decade. a $30K increase from what they promised is absurd. Enjoy your overpriced polygon. It's a good product but dang $80k for a mid-model that can't get 350 miles of range is a flop . I don't give a crap if it is faster than a Porsche. This is not a utility truck anymore, this just became a luxury vehicle to flash around other trucks, and for that reason, I'm out.
In case you haven't noticed, it's been a freaking 4 years.
Sponsored