HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Will Tesla do the same thing Chevrolet did with the Corvette Z06 and not allow people to flip them until 6 months? Also, who wants to be the first group of owners of a totally new vehicle? It is not like there is a Tesla repair station in every large city and we all know Tesla's track record for customer service.
We have three Tesla, all over 5 years old. They almost never need service, one has 92K miles on it, one has 71K miles on it and the other has 28K miles. When one of them has needed something, they will come right to our driveway, we don't even have to leave home.

We have received better service experiences from Tesla than any of our previous ICE cars, going back many decades. I look forward to a visit from a Mobile Service Tech or a visit to a Service Center. I know it sounds odd but I don't get to do it often enough and the service techs and advisors are always super pleasant, knowledgable and fun to talk with. I have experience with two different Service Centers (about 50 minutes and 1 hour and 20 minutes from home) and two different Mobile Service Techs.

Oh, and they always have reasonable rates with no BS stories trying to squeeze more money out of the customer. They are more likely to tell me something I've requested is not necessary than they are to recommend something extra. I never feel like they are treating me like a mark. Most of our encounters have been 100% free, either under warranty or a goodwill repair.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Will Tesla do the same thing Chevrolet did with the Corvette Z06 and not allow people to flip them until 6 months? Also, who wants to be the first group of owners of a totally new vehicle? It is not like there is a Tesla repair station in every large city and we all know Tesla's track record for customer service.
Personally I hope that they don't 'allow' people to 'flip' their cybertrucks until they get through the reservation list, whenever that happens. Flipping to me means that it was purchased solely as an investment with the intention of selling at a profit. Many of us want the cybertruck as a vehicle to own, drive, love, and I happen to believe that those people should come first. If you want to 'flip' your cybertruck, and given that you want to leapfrog in front of people that want to own the truck, there needs to be some mechanism to slow you down. That is my opinion.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ohhh wonderful, so >125K means I will take delivery some time in ...... ummm - 2028?
It looks like my reservation (placed online near the end of the reveal event) will probably get delivered to me sometime next summer. Super excited!

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Personally I hope that they don't 'allow' people to 'flip' their cybertrucks until they get through the reservation list, whenever that happens. Flipping to me means that it was purchased solely as an investment with the intention of selling at a profit. Many of us want the cybertruck as a vehicle to own, drive, love, and I happen to believe that those people should come first. If you want to 'flip' your cybertruck, and given that you want to leapfrog in front of people that want to own the truck, there needs to be some mechanism to slow you down. That is my opinion.
Anyone who wants to "flip" their Cybertruck will not be prevented from doing that. However, it could result in losing your ability to ever be a Tesla customer again! There are a few people with that unfortunate status, and I don't envy them (especially with the way Tesla looks to be evolving into the most dominant manufacturer of autos)!

Qishrink

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y. Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Pediatric Emergency Room Psychiatrist
Country flag
I am not sure where you are getting your info from??? I am a very early Y adopter. (VIN #8xxx). Not one issue and excellent service experience.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Ohhh wonderful, so >125K means I will take delivery some time in ...... ummm - 2028?
No. He didn't say they were stopping there, just that's the first year high end.

They're aiming for 250k/year (5k /week) sometime in 2025 and seeing if demand is still there when they get there.

That's five years to a million units, but if they still have a million reservations and no trouble moving them... why would they stop ramping?

-Crissa

jookyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24CTAWD 17MXP100D 23MX
Country flag
f you want to 'flip' your cybertruck, and given that you want to leapfrog in front of people that want to own the truck, there needs to be some mechanism to slow you down. That is my opinion.
There is a mechanism, it's called capitalism. Being wealthy or an insider has been the line skipper for the entirety of modern civilization. Ask the people taking deliveries on Nov 30th what their reservation number was. While I hate that people ordered 10 CTs in lots (will likely only get to build one) it is what it is. That being said the crowd-sourcinator puts me at 150 so hopefully be end of year. Fingers crossed!

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Although this is only a guess, it seems that it is low-volume production.
No, it means they will use initial production to tune and adjust the lines to increase poductivity over time, which will help them keep the prices low. This is a high-volume production ramp If you want to see what low volume production looks like, look no further than GMC EV truck production. I think they have delivered 18 Sierra EV's (that's eighteen, not 18,000) and only 371 Hummer EVs in 2022 and only 49 this year to date.

Ford did a bit better with 2,296 F-150 Lightning EVs in 2022 and roughly 10K in the first three quarters of 2023. They might finish out 2023 with 13,000 Lightnings, all year.

Tesla will be putting legacy auto to shame in terms of Cybertruck production volumes, even though the Cybertruck is a revolutionary new construction and The Sierra, the Hummer and the F-150 Lightning are merely evolutionary vehicles with EV powertrains, using most of the same chassis' technologies as their legacy products.

It looks like Tesla plans to actually devastate the ramp speed of their domestic EV truck competitors. You know, the guys from Detroit who supossedly only had to flip a switch to reach high-volume production of EV's, LOL!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
No, it means they will use initial production to tune and adjust the lines to increase poductivity over time, which will help them keep the prices low. This is a high-volume production ramp If you want to see what low volume production looks like, look no further than GMC EV truck production. I think they have delivered 18 Sierra EV's (that's eighteen, not 18,000) and only 371 Hummer EVs in 2022 and only 49 this year to date.

Ford did a bit better with 2,296 F-150 Lightning EVs in 2022 and roughly 10K in the first three quarters of 2023. They might finish out 2023 with 13,000 Lightnings, all year.

Tesla will be putting legacy auto to shame in terms of Cybertruck production volumes, even though the Cybertruck is a revolutionary new construction and The Sierra, the Hummer and the F-150 Lightning are merely evolutionary vehicles with EV powertrains, using most of the same chassis' technologies as their legacy products.

It looks like Tesla plans to actually devastate the ramp speed of their domestic EV truck competitors. You know, the guys from Detroit who supossedly only had to flip a switch to reach high-volume production of EV's, LOL!
that’s not what he was referring to

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Also, who wants to be the first group of owners of a totally new vehicle? It is not like there is a Tesla repair station in every large city and we all know Tesla's track record for customer service.

Me
Sponsored