OP
jf64k

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR, 2024 FSCT AWD on order
Country flag
WTF does " The Tesla Lightbar for Cybertruck is designed only for off road use. Tesla by law cannot install the lightbar electronics and configure the vehicle for lightbar control." mean?!?! Does this mean we will have to install it ourselves or take it to an aftermarket installer? Will we not be able to turn it on via the touchscreen which mean we wont be able to use the app to turn it on either? Or does that mean that Giga Tesla can install it at the manufacturing plant but service centers can install it?
The way I take it: They will install it on the windshield, but it's up to the customer to plug it into the 48v harness under the roof trim.

Maybe they'll call you back to the shop when they're about to button it up to have you plug it in, haha!!
Sponsored

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Telehealth Solutions Architect
Country flag
Do we think its still laser based? I really hope so.

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
This question might sound very silly, but is the lightbar going to impact the range? When I saw the Tunnel test done on CT, there was a nice airflow on top of the windshield. Is the light bar going to push all the air up vertically, causing more drag, or is it going to be a very minimal impact?

eousphoros

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Country flag
This question might sound very silly, but is the lightbar going to impact the range? When I saw the Tunnel test done on CT, there was a nice airflow on top of the windshield. Is the light bar going to push all the air up vertically, causing more drag, or is it going to be a very minimal impact?
It will probably add more road noise too

eousphoros

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Country flag
and sort of random, I don't get why they put it basically on the front side of the peak facing nearly perpendicular to the flow of air. Instead of mounting it behind the peak with a reverse 45 angle. (Since something prevented them from mounting it behind the wind shield)

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
and sort of random, I don't get why they put it basically on the front side of the peak facing nearly perpendicular to the flow of air. Instead of mounting it behind the peak with a reverse 45 angle. (Since something prevented them from mounting it behind the wind shield)
I agree! I think someone here mentioned that putting it behind the windshield might cause windshield heating issues, and some states don’t allow these accessories to be installed by the manufacturer, but I like your idea of putting it at an angle on top to reduce the drag. I think the current one is also at an angle, but I have no idea how much it impacts CD. Ideally, I need it to be flushed flat to the surface and be part of the windshield. Looks like it’s not possible for the above reasons.

CyberPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast
Country flag
Ooh, if it can’t be integrated to the central screen… that’ll be a bummer.
Sponsored