MilliVanilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S Plaid, F430
Country flag
I've grown to like Kyle's videos. There's just so much info to digest. He really knows his stuff and his enthusiasm is refreshing. The videos are usually long and unpolished (no special effects or drama), but I think that's a good niche in a world of soundbites and clickbait.

OP
OP
FirstRLast

FirstRLast

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Tesla model 3s and 2 Cybertruck reservations
Occupation
Smart Home Integration
Country flag
I've grown to like Kyle's videos. There's just so much info to digest. He really knows his stuff and his enthusiasm is refreshing. The videos are usually long and unpolished (no special effects or drama), but I think that's a good niche in a world of soundbites and clickbait.
Yup agreed. Super honest and down to earth impressions and has a lot of driving and EV specific experience. The only problem is the length, but I feel like you do get a more real impression that way

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Yup agreed. Super honest and down to earth impressions and has a lot of driving and EV specific experience. The only problem is the length, but I feel like you do get a more real impression that way
It is very rare for me to watch youtube videos longer than 15 minutes but generally his are non-stop information. This one did seem to go on a bit but it was nice to get the other great drivers impressions.

I watch almost all YT vids on x1.75 (gear icon). Helps me focus as well as get thru them quicker. Slow down or repeated in a few short segments as necessary.

Last edited:

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
It is very rare for me to watch youtube videos longer than 15 minutes but generally his on non-stop information. This one did seem to go on a bit but it was nice to get the other great drivers impressions.

I watch almost all YT vids on x1.75 (gear icon). Helps me focus as well as get thru them quicker. Slow down or repeated in a few short segments as necessary.
Jump over the first 5 or 10 minutes of any of his videos because Kyle loves to go on and on about what he's going to tell you later in the video. He's like a PowerPoint presenter who reads every slide in the presentation. 🙄

But, his videos do answer almost every question you might have. 👍

OP
OP
FirstRLast

FirstRLast

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Tesla model 3s and 2 Cybertruck reservations
Occupation
Smart Home Integration
Country flag
I mean the Rivians have great interiors and they really get the whole adventure vibe right.

That grinding issue doesn’t seem great. But also seems like something they could sort out with a service visit like a lot of noise issues. Hopefully it isn’t an issue with all the early models

heems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y AWD, 2024 Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
My take is he/they loved the drive. “Unlike anything else”. His nit picks were so edge case. “It is not as fun”. The lady asks for clarification. They said well you can’t slide the back. Which in the next sentence even the driver said for most people that’s not even a thing. I feel they were pushing seriously out there edge cases. Or turning the swuirkle abruptly full lock. He couldn’t literally stop himself doing it like 20 times. Full on obsession. Just drive it for the 99.9% of us.

Anyhow seemed to confirm it’s a blast to drive. “Not like any other truck. “. Full stop.

Diveflyfish

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 BMW 335d
Country flag
It will be fascinating to suss out the source of the vibration…… any guesses? Perhaps strictly electric feedback into the system or strictly mechanical?

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I mean the Rivians have great interiors and they really get the whole adventure vibe right.
If we are judging the suitability for adventure on the current situation, the Cybertruck still wins by a mile, due to the Supercharger availability (Rivian Adventure Network is not growing quickly enough). It's pretty hard to have a good adventure if you can't get a fast, convenient and reliable charge. Plus, the Cybertruck has more room for adventure gear without resorting to range robbing crossbars and racks.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
It will be fascinating to suss out the source of the vibration…… any guesses? Perhaps strictly electric feedback into the system or strictly mechanical?
It's more than apparent that whatever vibration they are talking about is so subtle as to be the kind of thing that less perceptive people probably wouldn't even notice. It might be a wheel or tire that is slightly out of balance or maybe a wheel weight fell off. Tires that big have manufacturing challenges that can make them difficult to balance as perfectly as we expect in an electric truck that is otherwise so smooth.

Diveflyfish

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 BMW 335d
Country flag
It's more than apparent that whatever vibration they are talking about is so subtle as to be the kind of thing that less perceptive people probably wouldn't even notice. It might be a wheel or tire that is slightly out of balance or maybe a wheel weight fell off. Tires that big have manufacturing challenges that can make them difficult to balance as perfectly as we expect in an electric truck that is otherwise so smooth.
Very true. That is a LOT of inertial mass to have in perfect balance!

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
Yeah. Hope the vibration thing is an anomaly.
Anyone that has ever been in a top tier Rivian would agree. It is like a high tech version of a ram limited edition. Very high quality.

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
I never heard of this guy a few days ago, but now I am his #1 fan. Love his honesty!
Sponsored