Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Seriously doubt. The Cybertruck will appeal to people looking at a Model S Plaid or no.

People have some seriously oddball ideas of what Tesla is going to do with the Cybertruck.

Model S is a relatively low volume car. They sell 10s of thousands per year. No Gigapress, no structural pack, old 18650 cells.

Cybertruck is going to be a high volume vehicle. Everything they are doing with the Cybertruck is being designed around high volume production. The goal of the Cybertruck is to shoot them out of the factory as fast as possible. 250,000 - 750,000 per year within 3-4 years.

Thats not a vehicle which sells for six figures.
You are right. My guess is that this person has an axe to grind or is some kind of shill for GM, Ford, or VW Group. One could use his argument on any cheap car eating sales of any expensive car. Some people buy primarily at a price point. Some people buy primarily for functionality. Some people buy primarily for perceived status. Etc. most peopleā€™s decisions merge metrics. Very few who would buy a full-sized pickup would buy an expensive luxury sedan. Letā€™s ignore these rants.
Sponsored

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
an axe to grind? Ive ordered a dozen lol
If tesla hadnā€™t taken so long I wouldnā€™t have ordered a bunch of lightnings for my business as well but šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

It will be superior to both in every technical way. 4 motors, 4 wheel steering, 10x as durable, more range, more storage, ā€œbulletproofā€ and far more look at me factor.
its already been proven that any cost reductions in production are entirely for more profit not selling price reductions.

You are right. My guess is that this person has an axe to grind or is some kind of shill for GM, Ford, or VW Group. One could use his argument on any cheap car eating sales of any expensive car. Some people buy primarily at a price point. Some people buy primarily for functionality. Some people buy primarily for perceived status. Etc. most peopleā€™s decisions merge metrics. Very few who would buy a full-sized pickup would buy an expensive luxury sedan. Letā€™s ignore these rants.

OP
OP
Skidmarks68

Skidmarks68

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Radtech
Country flag
I totally agree with that. Never have I even looked at a Model 3 or S. I looked at a Y briefly, just long enough to see it for what it is. I have been an owner of a truck for 25 years now and have no interest in Tesla if they didnt tease the CT a few years ago.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I will still be a buyer if the Dual Motor MSRP's for $69,900.

The Cybertruck is unlike any retail vehicle ever built. Ever.

The stainless body ensures that the truck can be passed down through multiple generations. It's going to be a game changer in the pickup truck segment.

We have at LEAST another year of waiting. Any issues could easily delay production until 2024.

Last edited:

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
Of course they're not going to raise the price. The additional cost will be in the options, things not shown on the prototype.

More than half of Tesla's price increases were to keep demand low enough so the queue wouldn't be years long, and they'd have had to raise prices in the first week of reservations to do that for the Cybertruck.

-Crissa
Even though my family and I have 3 Cybertrucks preorders before 30,000 in line, I seriously hope they raise prices by at least 25%.. As a stockholder it would be tremendously disappointed and hurt financially if they didn't price the Cybertruck according to what the market will support. I guess if they honored the nonguaranteed prices previously listed for the first 50,000 vehicles I'd forgive them.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Even though my family and I have 3 Cybertrucks preorders before 30,000 in line, I seriously hope they raise prices by at least 25%.. As a stockholder it would be tremendously disappointed and hurt financially if they didn't price the Cybertruck according to what the market will support. I guess if they honored the nonguaranteed prices previously listed for the first 50,000 vehicles I'd forgive them.
As a stockholder, I would be disappointed if Tesla didnā€™t crank out as many Cybertrucks as humanly possible, cracking the truck industry wide open and making the entire concept of buying an ICE truck ridiculous.

An affordable Cybertruck is revolutionary and would change the auto industry forever. A high priced niche truck would be a footnote in the annuls of truckdom

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
an axe to grind? Ive ordered a dozen lol
If tesla hadnā€™t taken so long I wouldnā€™t have ordered a bunch of lightnings for my business as well but šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Seriously thought you were gonna say you had a full collection of sharp axes at this point. Through me for a loop when you went for the lightning.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I will still be a buyer if the Dual Motor MSRP's for $69,900.
You might get Elonā€™s attention if you lower that price by $480.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Posted in a separate thread about nickel prices, but aluminum and many other prices are coming down from highs earlier this year.

A lot of the ā€œinflationā€ has been ephemeral due to short term market conditions. Teslaā€™s long term contracts insulate them from much of this.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Posted in a separate thread about nickel prices, but aluminum and many other prices are coming down from highs earlier this year.

A lot of the ā€œinflationā€ has been ephemeral due to short term market conditions. Teslaā€™s long term contracts insulate them from much of this.
Seems the profiteering is slowing down.
Sponsored