Product Roadmap to be announced at the earnings call.

What details will be revealed on the earnings call as part of the product road map?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Elon Musk said there would be an updated Product Roadmap at the 4th quarter earnings call on the 26th (or so).

What do you think will be announced during the product roadmap (Cybertruck specific)
Sponsored

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Pure speculation. I'm not an insider, but I heard through valid sources that an update on the timeline for an additional gigapress used to stamp out the windshield wiper would be provided.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Pure speculation. I'm not an insider, but I heard through valid sources that on update on the timeline for an additional gigapress used to stamp out the windshield wiper would be provided.
I knew I should have had wiper specs as a poll choice. Lost opportunity.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I'm just sure that Tesla would be reporting good financial results because Elon will be there himself.

If it's bad, he will be throwing his CFO to be eaten by the wolves.

Delivery numbers? Good too.

Cybertruck production timeline and deliveries. Just hold your breath while I'm waiting for their call and keeping my calendar open so I can promptly be there, Austin or Fremont, I won't mind.

Last edited:

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
The fly in the ointment is going to be the supply chain once Cybertruck production starts up. 2022 will be no different from 2021 according to the experts.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The fly in the ointment is going to be the supply chain once Cybertruck production starts up. 2022 will be no different from 2021 according to the experts.
We’ll see. Hopefully get some ideas on how that will play out on the earnings call.

I suspect Tesla will have work-arounds or consistent sources to manage their supply chain woes by 2023 when CT production is kicking into high gear. Whatever the noise is about the industry, Musk has said that Tesla should be through with it by middle of this year.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
A bit of second hand confirmation that there will be an update on the timing of the Cybertruck launch on the earnings call on the 26th.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Probably the same experts that have underestimated Tesla's ability to adapt and overcome consistently.
I watch a couple of the drone flyover channels on YouTube. Today one of them was highlighting equipment for plastic injection molding.
There is a huge storage yard of those components and they are humping to get the machines and raw material storage silos installed.
This tells me that they will be making a lot of trim components in house.
The supply chain is going to be a short one at that plant.
It would not surprise me that at some point Tesla puts a tire plant adjacent to Giga Austin or has a third party do it.
There seems to be a lot of clearing and filling on land around the plant.
An optimist might conclude there will be several manufacturing concerns on Tesla property in Austin in the future.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A bit of second hand confirmation that there will be an update on the timing of the Cybertruck launch on the earnings call on the 26th.

yea....no nothing from Tesla on CT.....we will see on the 26th....but still have no indication of 8-ton press....thats the long pole in the tent and nobody speaks to it.....just wait and see what happens to stock on the 27th

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
yea....no nothing from Tesla on CT.....we will see on the 26th....but still have no indication of 8-ton press....thats the long pole in the tent and nobody speaks to it.....just wait and see what happens to stock on the 27th
I try not to speak to either Gigapresses or tent poles myself.

You are correct though, the BiggaGiga is one of the hard stops. Still lots of time left, but it’s on the critical path.

* 4680 cells — Seems like we have much progress and serious potential for them to be ready
* 8KT Giga — After another likely false alarm seems like not yet.
* Cybertruck parts in the dumpsters in Texas
* Steel rolls and folded steel bits.
* Beta trucks driving on public roads?

Those are the big things I think. Maybe I missed something. We know production won’t start for at least 3-4 months after the Gigapress is in place so that’s a pretty obvious thing.

Still time for EOY launch. Just gets less likely by the day.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
As for the stock. The macro conditions are wonky right now. Hard to say how much any earnings will matter. Might just be one of those times when you have to sit back and wait for the reset breaker to trigger.
Sponsored