Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla will have to be careful of losing reservations if they raise the price too much. Most people are already paying more than they can afford or ever paid for a vehicle. I know this is the most for me by a lot. Yes it has unique features that other trucks and EV trucks don’t have, but with more choices and possibly lower prices to choose from equals lost customers.

If they raise the prices from $5k-$10 max for Tri motor to quad motor they would keep the majority in that segment. Remember most people after June 2020 are paying more than $7k for FSD up to $10. The more Cybertrucks they put in customers hands because of price the better for future revenue in subscription FSD and other products built for CT. Tesla really should keep the prices lower than the competition, because of their giga press, batteries, lack of paint makes it cheaper.

This will be many buyers first EV and Tesla should WOW them. It’s all about choices. If Tesla makes the right choices they will have customers making their choices with Tesla instead of another OEM wowing them. Some people just don’t know how great Tesla innovates.
I mostly agree.

My big concern is that they are inserting a more expensive option in front of the queue so those of us with earlier orders will get pushed back unless we upgrade.

I’m quite curious if they do decide to ditch the single motor config if they will offer some other choice in its place.

If the incentive passes, the dual motor truck is suddenly in a similar price range to what the single motor was at launch.
Sponsored

Lekrow

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid CyberTruck
Country flag
Unfortunately Elon no longer has a seat on the Tesla Board of Directors (that whole 420 thing) even though he still retains the CEO title, we do have to remember even Elon has to answer to a Boss(s) now.

While I fully believe Elon has good intentions the whole publicly traded company thing does come into play when money really matters.
He is no longer chair of the board, but he absolutely is still on the board.
(Edit: Robyn Denholm is the current chair btw)

Tesla Cybertruck ? Quad Motor Cybertruck and Crab Walk (Independent Front & Rear Wheel Steering) Confirmed!! Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 6.45.16 PM

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nothing is stopping you from collecting your whopping $100 and leaving. It's a miniscule drop in the bucket compared to the $100 million of his own money and nearly 20 years of hard work Elon used to make this happen. No one is forcing you to remain interested.

Maybe you could run a transformative EV auto/truck manufacturing outfit more effectively. Let me know when you have product ready.
my $100 has nothing to do with his 100 million.....they have pro baby been designing this for a very long time....to sell CT1's and CT3's and then say, oops, we just decided 2 yrs later not to make them is pretty sickening......I can tell by your snotty attitude that you are probably a bait and switch guy too

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You should sell your Tesla and boycott them. Resale prices are through the roof and you could replace both those Tesla with something superior!

/s
oh....you must be one of those

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Well that escalated quickly…..

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Be prepared to be pleasantly surprised. No way would Tesla mark it over $100K. This just shows how little you understand Tesla.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the four wheel motor version is priced like the model S plaid. It will be loaded…it will be expensive and the large profit margin will be used to help keep the prices on the other model down.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
It's called inflation. When the CT was introduced and people put their orders in prices of just about everything has increased because of inflation. There was no way that Tesla could keep the prices the same when it was introduced and when it will be released about 4 1/2 years later given the current inflation.
Yes, there has been inflation, in general. But it is not unexpected inflation. While it's true that Tesla has the legal right to raise the asking prices, I think it prudent and wise to with hold all the moaning and groaning about higher prices unless Tesla actually announces higher prices!

I mean, are you the kind of person who moans and groans about how bad your restaurant meal is going to be before the waiter even brings the plate to the table?

Lekrow

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid CyberTruck
Country flag
I wouldn’t be surprised if the four wheel motor version is priced like the model S plaid. It will be loaded…it will be expensive and the large profit margin will be used to help keep the prices on the other model down.
This would be problematic imo. Model S Plaid demand is weak compared to the rest of the Tesla lineup (You can take delivery same month vs. 6+ months later on other models) and has nowhere near as much volume of production as a result. If Tesla is in fact trying to accelerate adoption of sustainable transportation they really should not be moving back up the price-band.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The CT will be used for hauling larger loads in the bed and with a trailer. Much different than the other Tesla models. The need for more range is greater in the CT.
Tesla peeps are not dumb, that's why they offer the most range of any of their current vehicles in the Cybertuck. But my original point, that Tesla will accommodate the range needs of the bulk of the market but they are still only serving a tiny portion of the overall market and are not trying to be everything to everyone, still stands. They don't need to be everything to everybody in order to sell all they can make. And since their production is currently limited by battery supply, they would rather make more vehicles with moderate battery sizes than fewer vehicles with huge batteries.

It's their choice and it's a very logical choice. If you need more range than they offer you will need to chose another solution. Tesla will take care of that portion of the market when it's the best way for them to continue to expand their market share. At less than 2% global market share they are nowhere near the point where they have to cater to people who need even more range.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
my $100 has nothing to do with his 100 million.....they have pro baby been designing this for a very long time....to sell CT1's and CT3's and then say, oops, we just decided 2 yrs later not to make them is pretty sickening......I can tell by your snotty attitude that you are probably a bait and switch guy too
Bait and switch is when a company advertises goods at an incredibly low price with the aim of substituting for them with inferior or pricier alternatives at the time of purchase. therefore by definition this is not bait and switch.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sheesh! Your comments tell me you don't understand the situation. The Cybertruck will be so much better (and so much better of a value) than any of the other offerings, that losing a few poser sales matters to Tesla not one bit. Tesla will not have a demand problem for years to come. They are not worried about losing sales even if they total tens of thousands. Because most buyers will be smart enough to see which truck offers them the best value and serves their needs the best. And this will ensure there will be no shortage of buyers for the kind of value Cybertruck will represent. That is Tesla's formula and they have no worries about lost sales. They are professionals.

Tesla always moves at impressive speed, much, much faster than the legacy manufacturers. No comparison. If it doesn't look that way to an outside observer, it's because they live in their own little world and have no experience in auto manufacturing.

Elon Musk is very experienced in auto manufacturing. He has the longest tenure as CEO of an automaker vs. any of the other CEO's. He knows how expensive it is to have to shut down production lines to re-tool for major changes and he wants to avoid that. Because that expense makes it more difficult for him to offer people like you and me the best value for their money. That's why he's going to make sure they have the right formula before they flip the switch and start cranking them out. Someone with more knowledge of auto manufacturing would understand this. He's saving us money by getting it right the first time. Customers ultimately end up paying for inefficiencies, mistakes and recalls because it makes it cost more to make the cars.

That's why old, outdated tech like ICE cars are so expensive, the makers have become fat and bloated. They brag about how good they are at what they do but nothing could be further from the truth. Who do you think will pay for GM having to recall every Bolt EV they ever built? That's right, ultimately it's GM customers. Sure, LG might be paying for the batteries but the recall is much more expensive than that. The piece of crap Hummer is going to cost double the Cybertruck even though it won't even be in the same league. GM is a bloated inefficient mess compared to Tesla.

I get tired of people moaning and groaning that they can't get exactly what they want, exactly when they want it. Especially when someone is bringing it to them at what amounts to lightspeed. Ford unveiled their EV F-150 at the 2008 SEMA show and they still haven't delivered a single one to a single customer! 13 years later! Tesla has already delivered 4 major EV models that sell in high volume since 2012.

Tesla: 4 major EV's in 9 years
Ford: 1 EV ever!

I would rather see the people who are currently bellyaching about a relatively minor delay start their own auto company and show us how you would do it! People are so spoiled! We are in the middle of a global pandemic causing major supply disruptions in everything from raw materials to finished goods and we have adults acting like little kids moaning and groaning like a fleet of 747's taking off simultaneously all because their personal truck has been delayed a few months later than originally projected!

Frickin' unreal!

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your comment makes me think it's time to take off your tin foil hat. Elon doesn't care about your $100, they have billions sitting in the bank, even without any reservation deposits. The conspiracy theories about Tesla just wanting an interest free loan are out of hand. If they wanted the cash the deposit would be one or two thousand, not a measly $100 bucks. If you have that low of an opinion, cancel your order and get your $100 back. Why would you do business with someone you think is screwing you over? Get out now!

It really is that simple. Why would you complain about such a misguided thing?

Last edited:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tesla sold $35K Model 3's to anyone who had a pre-order and was willing to wait a year and a half or so from the initial customer deliveries of the Long Range Model 3. The media gets this wrong all the time.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
They haven't said that they are not producing CT1 or CT3 and you certainly didn't buy either of them for $100. You purchased a spot in a line.
I think you know that and are trolling and as a famous internet psychologist I am here to help you. Let me start by acknowledging that you are a victim and you have been wronged. You deserve to be respected. R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Hey, what you want
(Oo) Baby, I got
(Oo) What you need
(Oo) Do you know I got it?
(Oo) All I'm askin'
(Oo) Is for a little respect when you come home (just a little bit)
Hey baby (just a little bit) when you get home
(Just a little bit) mister (just a little bit)
Sponsored