Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Even the Company That Shall Not Be Named copied you, Hummer.

You led, Mary Barra, That Hummer is one hell of a vehicle, 0 to 60 in 3 seconds! You led and that matters.

I'm serious....I'm not kidding
Since you're in here Mr. President , how about dropping the charges against Julian Assange?
Sponsored

RedCoast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Country flag
Is there any indication as to when or if anyone will be able to change their order to the 4 motor truck?

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Will The Quad Motor Cybertruck torque be better than the newest large diesel trucks? The 2022 Ram 3500 Cummins diesel up to 1,075 ft-lbs.

I'm thinking the CT4 will beat that.

Not sure what the configuration of the motors will be, all AC permanent magnet synchronous motor or mix of AC permanent magnet synchronous motor and AC induction motor.

This is from the new 2021-32 Model S North America owners manual:
Tesla Cybertruck ? Quad Motor Cybertruck and Crab Walk (Independent Front & Rear Wheel Steering) Confirmed!! Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 7.41.36 AM

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Sheesh! Your comments tell me you don't understand the situation. The Cybertruck will be so much better (and so much better of a value) than any of the other offerings, that losing a few poser sales matters to Tesla not one bit. Tesla will not have a demand problem for years to come. They are not worried about losing sales even if they total tens of thousands. Because most buyers will be smart enough to see which truck offers them the best value and serves their needs the best. And this will ensure there will be no shortage of buyers for the kind of value Cybertruck will represent. That is Tesla's formula and they have no worries about lost sales. They are professionals.

Tesla always moves at impressive speed, much, much faster than the legacy manufacturers. No comparison. If it doesn't look that way to an outside observer, it's because they live in their own little world and have no experience in auto manufacturing.

Elon Musk is very experienced in auto manufacturing. He has the longest tenure as CEO of an automaker vs. any of the other CEO's. He knows how expensive it is to have to shut down production lines to re-tool for major changes and he wants to avoid that. Because that expense makes it more difficult for him to offer people like you and me the best value for their money. That's why he's going to make sure they have the right formula before they flip the switch and start cranking them out. Someone with more knowledge of auto manufacturing would understand this. He's saving us money by getting it right the first time. Customers ultimately end up paying for inefficiencies, mistakes and recalls because it makes it cost more to make the cars.

That's why old, outdated tech like ICE cars are so expensive, the makers have become fat and bloated. They brag about how good they are at what they do but nothing could be further from the truth. Who do you think will pay for GM having to recall every Bolt EV they ever built? That's right, ultimately it's GM customers. Sure, LG might be paying for the batteries but the recall is much more expensive than that. The piece of crap Hummer is going to cost double the Cybertruck even though it won't even be in the same league. GM is a bloated inefficient mess compared to Tesla.

I get tired of people moaning and groaning that they can't get exactly what they want, exactly when they want it. Especially when someone is bringing it to them at what amounts to lightspeed. Ford unveiled their EV F-150 at the 2008 SEMA show and they still haven't delivered a single one to a single customer! 13 years later! Tesla has already delivered 4 major EV models that sell in high volume since 2012.

Tesla: 4 major EV's in 9 years
Ford: 1 EV ever!

I would rather see the people who are currently bellyaching about a relatively minor delay start their own auto company and show us how you would do it! People are so spoiled! We are in the middle of a global pandemic causing major supply disruptions in everything from raw materials to finished goods and we have adults acting like little kids moaning and groaning like a fleet of 747's taking off simultaneously all because their personal truck has been delayed a few months later than originally projected!

Frickin' unreal!
don't underestimate the culture of entitlement.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Is there any indication as to when or if anyone will be able to change their order to the 4 motor truck?
Nobody has a Cybertruck order yet, only reservations. This is relevant because some people are inexplicably bent out of shape that Tesla has changed some of the configuration specifics. We will find out the details before we need to know but since Tesla will be confirming the desired configuration of each reservation, before it's time to actually place the order, I can't figure out why this upsets some people. Nobody is losing their place in line.

But, yes, we do know when you will be able to update your reservation to another configuration:

Before production starts and after Tesla has released details and pricing for the different configurations.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
What will these go for on a secondary market, what is your guess? If it’s 99K off the line, will they sell on the secondary market for 125,000?
It won't be $99K "off the line", I've only heard people who don't understand how Tesla brings value to the table make silly assumptions like that.

As to how much premium someone would be willing to pay to take an early reservationists Cybertruck off their hands as these amazing trucks start rolling off the production line in the flesh, that's something only the market can determine. I'm sure some of the earliest ones will get flipped for a sizeable profit (at least $5-$10K if not a lot more) but there is no way I will be giving mine up for a cash gain of less than $70-80K. Which is just another way of saying I won't be flipping mine for a profit. I'll be so glad to finally be rid of my F-150 and it's 36 gallon gasoline tank and there is no way I'm gonna wait another year or two to get another Cybertruck. You only live once!

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Will The Quad Motor Cybertruck torque be better than the newest large diesel trucks? The 2022 Ram 3500 Cummins diesel up to 1,075 ft-lbs.

I'm thinking the CT4 will beat that.

Not sure what the configuration of the motors will be, all AC permanent magnet synchronous motor or mix of AC permanent magnet synchronous motor and AC induction motor.

This is from the new 2021-32 Model S North America owners manual:
Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 7.41.36 AM.png
Don't think Tesla will use the Plaid carbon-wrapped rotor motor in the CT. Not necessary and just adds expense.

But who knows......I could be wrong on that.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Don't think Tesla will use the Plaid carbon-wrapped rotor motor in the CT. Not necessary and just adds expense.

But who knows......I could be wrong on that.
Maybe only the best for Elon’s trophy truck.