Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
If you´ve been in a crash often it can be seconds between life and death some doors maybe able to open others not, a bit of force in the right place might make a difference. I think the removing of door handles and the door handles in all teslas for that matter are the biggest problem that tesla have with regards to safety. There have been instances of people dying as a result.
…instances…. Without a source reference this statement has no weight. Provide a link or other verifiable reference.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
A laminate is a permanent layered structure, not two structures glued together. Plywood and laminated glass are laminates; they are an independent part. The gigacastings is an independent part. The exterior panel is an independent part. The two glued together are not.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamination
thank you for linking to a description of what a structured part is.

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
The image of the backseat has me wondering if there will be any storage in the doors themselves. It is tough to see if there is any usable storage below the armrest area of the door. I use the heck out of the door storage in my current SUV, so here's to hoping that there is something there. As to the condition of the CT post-rollover, it looks pretty darn good IMHO. The chances that you will get that beast on its back are slim and it would take something catastrophic to get it there and it looks like the CT (and the BAW) can handle it.
There's a better shot of the backseat door in this thread: https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...nterior-exterior-pics.9007/page-7#post-170270. It does appear that there is some storage below the door. I hope I can fit a water bottle in there, my kids seem to use every available cupholder in the back when they ride long distance.

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Wait ... AFAIK we have seen zero proof or any recent leaks that the Cybertruck has anything besides normal glass making up the windshield. Did I miss something?
I think a lot of us are just assuming it will be armor glass since that is what was stated in the initial release and advertised on the Cybertruck website. But who knows what we will actually get... 🤷‍♂️

Tesla Cybertruck Rollover Crash Tested Cybertruck w/ airbags deployed & smashed interior (back seat look)! 1694180338453

Barb

First Name
Barb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Model S
Occupation
retired teacher
Country flag
Looking at the picture showing the driver's seat, I am wondering how good the visibility will be. The pillar between the windshield and driver's side window seems to block quite a bit of real estate. I know that this will be argued, because heaven forbid anything negative is said, but it is concerning.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Where's the midgate? Looks like someone punched through the liner behind the middle seat arm rest (you can see the hole in both pictures and light coming through in the interior shot). That's not an intended feature to allow for lumber to pass through.

The tonneau cover is also not visible, although the holding tank to hold the coiled cover can be seen under the truck bed floor. Unless the tonneau cover was removed or not installed in this test truck, it seems it can be fully retracted into the floor, contrary to the patent application.

It also looks like the tonneau cover is visible in the picture sitting flush along the floor of truck bed (easier to see in this slightly clearer image), between the light (stainless steel?) bed edge and the dark angled piece attached to the seat backing (which looks to fold down and cover the gap between the seat back and the truck bed).

As there's no indication that the midgate has been folded down, perhaps it can be manually removed (although you wouldn't want to remove/reinstall often due to its size and weight). Previous photos don't show a visible seam between the midgate and the inner truck bed wall, and the patent application indicates the midgate protects the retracted tonneau cover from loose items in the truck bed. However, if the tonneau cover has a second, lower retracted mode that can sit flush to the floor, the midgate is no longer needed to protect the tonneau cover (a snap in cover or perhaps just a padded mover's blanket would be sufficient to protect the retracted tonneau cover, but ideally you'd keep the cover closed to for security purposes). Only other issue I could foresee is junk falling into the tonneau cover holding tank, so it would definitely need some sort of cover. Perhaps the dark angled piece actually folds rearward to cover the retracted tonneau cover (or the hole left behind if the tonneau cover is deployed)?

I can imagine keeping the tonneau cover closed and the midgate removed would turn the CT into something like a wagon. Wagon mode would be great for car camping - especially if you fold down the rear seats to enjoy more head room - and allows for stargazing.

There is no midgate (100%).

There is no rolling-down rear window (100%).

There is no pass-trough (100%).

There is no access between cabin and vault (100%).

There is no climate control of vault (95%).

Let’s move on

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Looking at the picture showing the driver's seat, I am wondering how good the visibility will be.
‘natural’ visibility in the CT is
bad, forward, backward, and side-to-side

the make-good will come from cameras and screens

Which will be fine, unless maybe you’re terribly farsighted

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Country flag
Looking at the picture showing the driver's seat, I am wondering how good the visibility will be. The pillar between the windshield and driver's side window seems to block quite a bit of real estate. I know that this will be argued, because heaven forbid anything negative is said, but it is concerning.
We had a deep conversation about this pillar and creating a potential blind spot. It starts on around page 32 of this thread:
Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! | Page 32 | Tesla Cybertruck Forum - News, Discussions, Community - Cybertruckownersclub.com

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Epic photos! I'm trying to understand what we see in the bed. Is the midgate area NOT steel as we have seen in frames? It looks ripped apart.
That's the black composite bed wall, the steel bulkhead is behind it with the tonneau cover between the two. You can also see black tape covering some parts, including the armrest hole that can be seen from the interior shot.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
A few things I see RE the crashed unit:

1. Front door windows made it (with laminated-style crackling), while rear door windows are smashed and rear floorboard littered with the usual tempered glass confetti: ~induction = front door windows 'laminated/armored' (like a windshield) while rear windows are not [note also the forward triangle windows are also tempered, not laminated)

2. Rear bulkhead has been cut through (behind fold-down armrest), likely for passing equipment/cabling from cabin through to bed (see e.g., the april fool's crash test video where bed is packed with various onboard sensors for data collection) - looking at the bed, around 0:09, can be seen non-OEM drill/screw holes in a line across the bed - presumably from attaching equipment/sensor sleds

3. The rear seats are at a nice reclined angle (consistent with angle of rear bulkhead) compared to any traditional truck's rear seats, which is a welcome bit of ergonomics (I'd likely trade 1.5" of additional rear recline for 1.5" of legroom - which legroom in these photos and others is materially less than competitor's quad-cabs)

4. Rear lower aero valence is removed, showing no room there for a spare (not that it should have been in doubt at this point) - but something else interesting will likely go there as an option

5. The bed floor material appears different from eg the Beta units seen at investor day; more glossy/smooth, like the composite found in Toyota's (which also would explain the cracks, which the Toyota composites are known for) - Sandy Munro vouches for these composites as superior to any other bed option, including SS

6. Speaking of the bed, but looking at the side-walls, the rollover was to the passenger side, and at 0:09 in the video it appears that shards of casting are punctured through the bedside

7. Still in the bed, the hardware for the tie-downs has changed; they're now rectangular (unlike the more angled-arch shape seen in Betas)

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, model 3
Occupation
Techno hippie apptrepenuer
Country flag
I still really don´t like the fact that there are no door handles from a safety perspective. Someone trying to open from the outside in a rescue situation needs to have something to grip on to open the door.
Then learn tesla

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Country flag

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
Yea updated first post with evidence that this is from a Ditch Rollover crash test!

F5ds2ulbIAAhpKx.jpeg
This is NOT a normal ditch rollover crash test.

This is a ditch rollover crash test in which the Cybertruck entered a ditch and the ditch proceeded to roll over and all the way around the Cybertruck.

The Cybertruck proceeded back to the highway and down the road.

RyanJBuell

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertrucks
Occupation
Demolition
Country flag
I think it should be called the Tesla panel truck. Those stainless steel panels are awesome, don't get me wrong....but they look like they are ready to be popped off.
Sponsored