Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model X, 2017 GMC Yukon
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
They could still 20,001 of them if they’d just swing an invitation to configure over my way already. Did you hear me Tesla?
Tesla Cybertruck Rumor: Foundation Series Expanded to 20,000 Units (Claims Phone Customer Service Rep) IMG_1304
Sponsored

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I think this will be something we all look back at and laugh at in a few months.

Reps never know much more or less than you as the consumer, and for timing they are further off than a roll of the dice.

Service people are not the front end people at the desk. The people that actually do more than type. They know things. One never see them. They sure don't want to see you.
Not only do service people often not have any special insight, people on Reddit regularly lie and make stuff up to get attention or create viral "news".

Remember, the rumor starts with "Someone from Reddit claims".

*Yawn*

SanJoseNinjya

First Name
mikio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
If they plan to make 20,000, and lets say that many until March (AWD Foundation timeline), that means they will produce 1,538 CTs a Week
20000/40(current yield)=500days lets see how soon they can ramp up, but very little chance for non-foundation to become avail in 2024

MrTofuDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
Country flag
No, just no. (to this rumor) The reddit poster this rumor spread from confirmed in that same thread that by "Tesla rep," they were meaning "phone support rep".

There are multiple much more believable reports on social media of people calling the Tesla Support number with Cybertruck related questions, waiting on hold forever, and in the end the reps were totally clueless and uneducated on anything Cybertruck.

And suddenly there is this wizard-level phone rep that knows all this never-before heard info??

Okay, if someone else can corroborate this phone rep's info, then MAYBE...

matt1981m

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75D
Country flag
I'll be honest, this rumor has me pissed if it's true. I've bought 2 other Tesla's and had a tri motor CT reservation since day one. This is the first vehicle they're making that they are not honoring their release pricing (a 50k difference mind you from OG release pricing to foundation series), not nearing their initial release specs (shorter range), and now saying that they value customers with deeper pockets, over me, a very loyal customer. Don't get me wrong, I still want a CT, but it might be time for me to weigh other options in addition to the CT.
I 100% agree with your frustration regarding the bait & switch feeling. Part of me wants to think that Tesla went the FE series route as they knew they couldn't honor the original pricing outright, and know that with the astronomically limited number of vehicles they will be producing after launch they can recoup some of the initial costs as many will pay whatever is asked. It seems really strange that they would submit both the Dual & Beast models for approval for the subsidies though. I kinda wonder if they did it hoping once production ramps up and things are fine tuned, they could then realize some of the increased savings to lower the cost down below the limit.

RandyS

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 Performance, 2021 Model Y LR
Country flag
Maybe Tesla's idea about the early CT sales is sort of like concert ticket pricing today. In the "Old days", the tickets sold for a pretty reasonable price and then scalpers would buy up as many as they could and then they sold them for what turned out to be the approximate market value (much higher prices). Now, the bands / promoters / Ticketmaster price the tickets as high or higher than what the scalpers used to charge, and THEY get to keep the money...

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Someone do an income poll. How so many of you chomping at the bit to drop a cool 100 gs?

Wild.

This would be terrible news imo.

People are already skipping me. Don't need more

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
Someone do an income poll. How so many of you chomping at the bit to drop a cool 100 gs?

Wild.

This would be terrible news imo.

People are already skipping me. Don't need more
Myself for one! In 2019 I ordered an AWD and was very nervous as to whether I could afford it at $57k with full self drive. But life circumstances have changed a lot in four years, thanks to a lot of hustle and hard work on my end, and now spending even double that on a car is not even a concern. The American Dream is still alive

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Myself for one! In 2019 I ordered an AWD and was very nervous as to whether I could afford it at $57k with full self drive. But life circumstances have changed a lot in four years, thanks to a lot of hustle and hard work on my end, and now spending even double that on a car is not even a concern. The American Dream is still alive
Yea, my day one order dream was to scrape by to get a tri motor. But even with a 30k pay difference since then I can't imagine paying 100k+ for a single vehicle. That's 25% of what I paid for my house! Lol

I guess the American dream is much better to some lol.

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model s, model y , cybertruck
Occupation
Mechanic
Country flag
Tesla always gonna Tesla but…like others have said….Tesla CS reps prob know less then us on these forums 😂. There is also no way they make 20k by March. The daily run rate is no
Where near 1.5k yet. But let’s see what happens!
I called my local rep today with questions I've already paid over 15k down to tesla inc & you are correct they have no idea what's going on.

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
Yea, my day one order dream was to scrape by to get a tri motor. But even with a 30k pay difference since then I can't imagine paying 100k+ for a single vehicle. That's 25% of what I paid for my house! Lol

I guess the American dream is much better to some lol.
I truly do wish you a lot of luck that you get a chance to get your tri motor! Presumably the price will come down, and even if it doesn’t you never know, your ship might come in, just be ready if it does!

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
Man being a Tesla Customer Service phone rep would be a hilarious gig these days!

Can you imaging telling every person who called asking stupid questions about the CT random “facts” that are simply bullshit?

“How many FS trucks are being offered??”

-“2,000,000 plus or minus 500,000”

“When will I be able to order a regular AWD?”

-“All the invites for the regular AWD when out last night. You didn’t get one??? Well sorry. Must have been a glitch…”

“Why is the FS an extra $20k???”

-“Don’t you worry about that. Also don’t you listen to the handful of guys on cybertruckownersforum telling you not to order the FS. They’re onto something. Mr. Musk follows that MB religiously and emailed everyone at Tesla this morning that he was hella concerned that people would listen to those peeps and not order! I also personally saw him crying in his cyberbeer. WON’T YOU PLEASE THINK OF ELON??? He has kids to feed!!”

“Does Elon really care about me??”

-“Of course! He’ll be arrive by sleigh Monday morning and will shove a free FS Beast down your chimney!”

-“But I live in an apartment!!!

-“ Oh sorry. No truck for you then. Only rich people with fireplaces get them in 2024. Get the the back of the line, brokeass…”

Good times!

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model s, model y , cybertruck
Occupation
Mechanic
Country flag
I'm not really inclined to believe a rumor from a random person on reddit who talked to a random Tesla rep.

Even if the person from reddit is telling the truth. When do Tesla reps ever know anything? Last I checked, the average person waiting for their Tesla knows more than the average tesla rep.

But I doubt it's 20,000 for a limited edition at launch. Considering I don't think there are 20,000 people that will be dropping an extra 20k for their truck. I think they would sell the 1000, maybe even 5000, but 20000 is a stretch.
100% Tesla reps know nothing I called Dec8 after getting my email to order fs note day one minute 30 sec after announcement. He argued with me only fs version was trimotor after 5 minutes of telling him I'm looking at the email where the all wheel drive fs version was available to order he was speechless.

At this point only thing I'm certain is that we know more here in this forum than they do! Kinda bummed out if they are making 20k fs 2k or 5k is limited anything over that u might as well have waited for the trimotor in june.
Sponsored