John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I love the look and the capabilities of this vehicle. I will enjoy driving and promoting my business with it, but most of the SS will be exposed. Here's a pic, but this is't the final look. So, please feel free to make suggestions.
valleycpap.com.png
Design wise, personal preference plays heavily, desired effect is to lead the viewers eye.

The size of the vehicle and distanced viewed, eyes like to rest at a portion of the design. Next is to lead the eye where you wish.

in the design, my eye immediately rests between the first P and A, along the door line just above the letters.

My eyes rest there due to all the object are bold and ”in my face” so I rest there and do not have design elements to lead my eye from there.

I must make effort, however slight, to read the advertisement.

The area code crossing the centerline will bug some viewers who will not be able to see past the crossover to retain the information.

From a further distance, I will not be able to read stop snoring and the phone number

The .com is a bit lost and takes more focus to see. Your avatar conveys a message clearly to me.

There is an old saying about opinions and backsides.

Th CT makes a great canvas. You can also play an advertisement on the external speaker. Keep it classy like, “Buy my products or die of asphyxiation!”

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I would like a WWII era battle ship camo scheme... the ones that make it hard to tell which direction you're going?

Here's the one my gramps served on (USS Lyman)

Tesla Cybertruck Rumor: Tesla working with 3M to custom wrap Cybertruck from the factory USS_Lyman_(DE-302)_underway_in_San_Francisco_Bay_on_23_April_1944

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
I would like a WWII era battle ship camo scheme... the ones that make it hard to tell which direction you're going?

Here's the one my gramps served on (USS Lyman)

USS_Lyman_(DE-302)_underway_in_San_Francisco_Bay_on_23_April_1944.jpg
I guess the camo is not the best scheme if you prefer to avoid accidents. I would not try to mislead other drivers about direction where I'm going.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I guess the camo is not the best scheme if you prefer to avoid accidents. I would not try to mislead other drivers about direction where I'm going.
Think of ticket avoidance?

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Think of ticket avoidance?
Police radar will ignore any camo.

Please understand, I would be happy to drive on the roads as wide as a sea. But in my world so many cars around. It is better when they see me.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I doubt it actually fool drivers. I'm not even convinced it was all that effective on ships.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I doubt it actually fool drivers. I'm not even convinced it was all that effective on ships.
Camo’s intent was also to break up the silhouette. Prevent perceiving the ship by the watch and made more difficult to identify ship type.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Police radar will ignore any camo.

Please understand, I would be happy to drive on the roads as wide as a sea. But in my world so many cars around. It is better when they see me.
let me fix my tongue in cheek ?

Tesla Cybertruck Rumor: Tesla working with 3M to custom wrap Cybertruck from the factory E3DFAB11-726F-4BD8-8E45-F8508CBAEEA9

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
https://engage.tesla.com/articles/1...wrap-service-smaller-cybertruck-highly-likely

found this article regarding inhouse wrapping services in china....i now bet its definitely possible for tesla to have in house wrapping in texas. With most panels completely flat wrapping pre-installation would be pretty easy i would imagine.
Digging up an oldish post there, but I'm really hoping Tesla offer factory wrap options because although I like the idea of wraps, they tend to be quite pricey. I'm already spending $79K (including FSD) on a trimotor, plus tax, fees etc. Here's hoping there is the $10K rebate by then, but still. Then add on another $4K or so for a wrap... I can't justify that. My hope that if Tesla scaled it as part of their manufacturing process the cost could be more like $1500. Not sure how realistic that is, but I would consider it at that price. Especially in a black, F117A-esq color... oooh yeah.

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Design wise, personal preference plays heavily, desired effect is to lead the viewers eye.

The size of the vehicle and distanced viewed, eyes like to rest at a portion of the design. Next is to lead the eye where you wish.

in the design, my eye immediately rests between the first P and A, along the door line just above the letters.

My eyes rest there due to all the object are bold and ”in my face” so I rest there and do not have design elements to lead my eye from there.

The area code crossing the centerline will bug some viewers who will not be able to see past the crossover to retain the information.

From a further distance, I will not be able to read stop snoring and the phone number

The .com is a bit lost and takes more focus to see. Your avatar conveys a message clearly to me.

Th CT makes a great canvas. You can also play an advertisement on the external speaker. Keep it classy like, “Buy my products or die of asphyxiation!”
I like the Keep it classy part. Well stated and get's the attention. Bravo.

valleyCPAP

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hayabusa
Occupation
CPAP store
Country flag

Some things to consider. Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
After a little research, I have learned that 3M makes a wrap specifically for Stainless Steel.

Wrap Material: I J 180 MC - 10

The surface must be cleaned with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol prior to application

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I am using digital display material linked to all cameras. The opposing panel will show the camera’s footage. Mode engaged when speeding as to have a visual cloaking device.

What could go wrong if I cannot be seen?
Sponsored