Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Sorry, I got lost here. Was this list supposed to say Model Y, not CT?
My thinking there:

“What if the price of the Cybertruck increased roughly in line with the rate the MY has increased?”
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Here is how SpaceX handled the increase with Starlink terminals & monthly pricing:

Very similar kind of situation here. I would not be surprised to see some kind of compromise pricing coming out for the Cybertruck with the cutoff being the date they removed the prices from the site.

Tesla Cybertruck @SawyerMerrit discussed new CyberTruck model lineup: base, mid, tri, quad, plaid 1648068551175

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
4 Wheel Steering and Quad motors are not necessarily linked. In fact nothing which has been announced suggests they are.
Ahh my bad - sorry I don't have anything fancier to say; I'm simply a dumbass

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Anti gravity CT version will alleviate the need for many parts and keep the price low

2WD $40,000
AWD $50,000
NWD $25,000

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Here is how SpaceX handled the increase with Starlink terminals & monthly pricing:

Very similar kind of situation here. I would not be surprised to see some kind of compromise pricing coming out for the Cybertruck with the cutoff being the date they removed the prices from the site.

1648068551175.png
This is fair. The pandemic, rampant, inflation and shortages are not Tesla's fault. So if prices have gone up 15% since the early 2022 release date to actual release date and Tesla splits the difference.

CT1 = $43,000
CT2 = $53,750
CT3 = $75,250

4WS is a bit of a wild card. You might add between $2-4k on top, but that still puts the CT2 below the average cost of a ICE crew cab 4x4 pick up, but 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, SS bullet resistance, and amazing off-road performance. This is all Tesla needs to do to sell 250,000 units a year.

A 400 mile range AWD with 4ws would be the absolute sweet spot at $63,000.

Last edited:

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
The more I think about it, the more I lean towards believing that they will do some high end expensive CT option first. I know that Elon may have said this already and there is talk of the quad motor. I am just trying to pretend to be Tesla and thinking if I am diverting resources and batteries to this CT beast would I make thousands of lower priced lower range ones which will likely be at a lower profit margin and will definitely cannibalize my other profitable products. Or would I rather sell a higher priced version with less demand at much lower volume to minimize resources but still make good on a commitment to make the CT and work out the kinks. I think it’s the latter.

I really think Elon is struggling with the price point and that’s extending the delay. He has mentioned a couple times things that show he is struggling with making it affordable. Of course he is its a bad ass stainless beast.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The more I think about it, the more I lean towards believing that they will do some high end expensive CT option first. I know that Elon may have said this already and there is talk of the quad motor. I am just trying to pretend to be Tesla and thinking if I am diverting resources and batteries to this CT beast would I make thousands of lower priced lower range ones which will likely be at a lower profit margin and will definitely cannibalize my other profitable products. Or would I rather sell a higher priced version with less demand at much lower volume to minimize resources but still make good on a commitment to make the CT and work out the kinks. I think it’s the latter.

I really think Elon is struggling with the price point and that’s extending the delay. He has mentioned a couple times things that show he is struggling with making it affordable. Of course he is its a bad ass stainless beast.
At Giga Berlin Musk said whether or not the Semi is released in 2023 depends on battery supplies.

Launching with 2 less battery hungry designs means they have more cells for more Cybertrucks and the Semi.

The quad motor launch is probably the most likely though since that’s what Musk said just a couple months ago.

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
I do not buy into the 5 options setup. 3 options will be the most from Tesla. Here is my thought.
Strat out line-up as planed, Base, dual, and tri-motor.
Base (phased out)will eventually replaced by a mid range dual motor
The quad motor will eventually replace the tri-motor
Then, here come the Plaid!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I do not buy into the 5 options setup. 3 options will be the most from Tesla. Here is my thought.
Strat out line-up as planed, Base, dual, and tri-motor.
Base (phased out)will eventually replaced by a mid range dual motor
The quad motor will eventually replace the tri-motor
Then, here come the Plaid!
That is actually pretty close to what the rumor is suggesting. Only the base will be a dual motor truck rather than a single motor. That means Tesla only has to setup for a single motor on the front end and either 1 or 2 motors on the rear end. The only other difference would be battery pack size and perhaps wheels or some other minor options. Super simple assembly line for the start of production.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Well I just got my single motor variant in yesterday, so I have to flex (don't be too envious; still has door handles):

20220323_194216.jpg
No mirrors and BAW. I knew Elon would get it worked out!!

JollyRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Mini-Cooper S Cab
Country flag
If the curb weight of the Model Y is 4555lbs. And the target weight of the Cybertruck is 5000lbs, where is the extra 2000lbs coming from?

-Crissa
If you believe the other posters. There would be 1500lb of steel frame holding up the exoskeleton and 500lb BAW ;)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If you believe the other posters. There would be 1500lb of steel frame holding up the exoskeleton and 500lb BAW ;)
This is what was published launch night, Elon said they were targeting the weight of the F150. Also, to hit their target cargo weight, it would also need to be around that curb weight.

And do crabs have frames holding up their exoskeletons?

-Crissa
Sponsored