cybercoffee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYLR
Country flag
I just put on adjustable camber arms on my model x so I can default low setting without eating up my tires. Literally at the alignment shop right now.

How much does the camber change between settings on CT? Can it run low without eating up the tires?
which camber arms did you choose for your X--unplugged or n2itive or other? I need to put some on mine but inertia and indecision...
Sponsored

tripzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
No low is the lowest setting. Thereā€™s entry but it wonā€™t let you drive in that setting
The suspension can be "modded" to drive in very low/entry, but the ride quality is very bad.

OP
OP
ButterEV

ButterEV

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Wow, I expected there to be a difference in efficiency between lower to the rest but did not realize how drastic is it. Plus the aero covers seems to make no difference.

I wish companies who make other styles of wheels for the CT makes and posts measurements like this.
Iā€™m glad you enjoyed the video. I appreciate the watch and support šŸ™šŸ¼

TickTock

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3; 2018 Model S; 2023 F-150 LIghtning
Country flag
So I decided to test efficiency with the CyberTruck in different ride heights. I also did the same loop run with the Aero Covers on and with the tonneau open. I was shocked to see the results.

Aero covers do not matter as I had the same 373 wh/wi with them on and with them off.

img_1836-png.png
What surprises me is the difference the tonneau makes. Tesla stated 10% but you saw a 17% difference!

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Iā€™m glad you enjoyed the video. I appreciate the watch and support šŸ™šŸ¼
I liked your videos so much I'm considering getting the same 3M brushed metal black wrap.

FYI because of your videos I made sure my USB drive was formatted since delivery; ensured my dashcam settings are correct; and decided against Tesla insurance despite it being cheaper. Keep up the good work on YouTube and sorry to hear you went through all that trouble with the minor accident.

Last edited:

OP
OP
ButterEV

ButterEV

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I liked your videos so much I'm considering getting the same 3M brushed metal black wrap.

FYI because of your videos I made sure my USB drive was formatted since delivery; ensured my dashcam settings are correct; and decided against Tesla insurance despite it being cheaper. Keep up the good work on YouTube and sorry to hear you went through all that trouble with the minor accident.
I absolutely love my wrap and Iā€™m sure you will too!

Iā€™m happy to hear that my video helped you out and that is the very reason Iā€™m making my content. To help others learn from my experiences.

I appreciate the support more than you know šŸ™šŸ¼

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
which camber arms did you choose for your X--unplugged or n2itive or other? I need to put some on mine but inertia and indecision...
Macboost. I just got aligned and the caber is pretty now

espresso-drumbeat

First Name
Espresso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Absolutely meaningless test, waste of time driving those 8 mile segments - way WAY too short, even a gust of wind will knock numbers out of wack, or slightly faster acceleration, or less Regen distance

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Absolutely meaningless test, waste of time driving those 8 mile segments - way WAY too short, even a gust of wind will knock numbers out of wack, or slightly faster acceleration, or less Regen distance
I absolutely agree.
And then to have with a decimal point.

Trekboy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Toyota 4Runner, Cybertruck
Country flag
Thanks ButterEV. These are EXACTLY the type of things I've been wondering about, even though I don't have my Cybertruck yet.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
FYI, from the Car and Drivers video. I was thinking that they tested it themselves but not 100% sure.

I do wonder what a reasonable distance is to make the number statistically 'valid'.

Video nuggets IIRC:
  • Areo 1.3% improvement with wheel covers
  • Areo 10% improvement with tonneau cover
  • Wiper shifts 3% (?) at highway speed for areo - news to me but perhaps an aging memory
  • 250-mile range at 75 mph

Cboy7

First Name
Cboy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
With city driving or interstate? I would think it wont make much difference with traffic in the city where you don't really go over 55 mph.

CYBRTRK406

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR, Chevy PU
Occupation
Research Analyst
Country flag
The test you did in Baja Mode for the High settingā€¦ Iā€™m concerned that there might be more to the picture.

Baja Mode is somewhat like Track Mode in the Performance Model 3. I believe that cooling the batteries gets turned up to maximum while in the mode, and that is likely also contributing to the added energy consumption.

You could test this hypothesis by driving in medium height in an On-Road setting, and then in medium height in Baja Mode. This would rule out the suspension height and isolate any consumption due to the Baja Mode itself.

Cougs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
collector chevy K20, cybertruck asap
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
The CyberTruck actually defaults to driving in low
Yes and DennisCW tried to even lowered but did not do well because of the noise and unconfutable ride.

Cougs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
collector chevy K20, cybertruck asap
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
No low is the lowest setting. Thereā€™s entry but it wonā€™t let you drive in that setting
Check this out, Dennis tried to lower the Cybertruck.

Sponsored